Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

ORK,

I would have to agree with you. I think this team is really coming on right now, and if 15 can get turned loose again they will be even better. This team seems to be stronger on offense than last year but a little weaker defensively. Still very solid on the D but I think Harder is missed.

Wiggle,

You probably mean Card #63 from last year, Harder has been gone since 09, but i remember Chris Harder #47 a very tough middle linebacker. Small, but that kid would knock your block off, ask Jacob West from Maryville. I remember he put a lick on him right near the goal line in 09 against Maryville where West fumbled and it was a jackhammer hit. Anyways, can somebody somehow update me on this game? Text, Or somehow? i will give you my number, anything lol My boss isn't gonna be able to let me off, and it is gonna kill me. So, if any of yall wanna get my number somehow so you can text me, let me know. And, i am not joking lol. Gonna suck not being there.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tribefan, I think I can answer this one without giving away the game plan. I know we have traded films and your coaches already know what we do by now. So, here goes:

1. offense, multiple sets, mainly from the shotgun. Trap, counter, quick pitch, inside zone read and play action passing off all of those plays with a few screens sprinkled in.

2. Defense multiple, mainly 4-3 look, multiple blitz packages. mixed coverages: cover 3, cover 2, cover four when needed.

Strengths: Offense is just good all around. good line, good backs, qb, deep receiving corps.

Defense is very good also, good front, good backers, good secondary

Special teams: excellent, good kicker, good punter, good punt returner

weaknesses: I would have to say we're a little small at corner. We haven't played anybody any good in five

five weeks. We have mercy ruled the last 4 opponents in a row. This may cause us to start

slow, it's been along time since we played a good team.

I guess you can tell, I think we're a pretty solid football team. We are not Maryville by any means, but this team is playing very well right now. Hitting on all cylinders and playing at full strength, no injuries. We are very confident, but we also know that McMinn will be very good and will probably give more effort than most teams bring. I think it will be a good game, but Oak Ridge will be tough to beat. These kids love playing on the road. We played 4 straight road games last year. We beat Bradley, Cookeville, then Riverdale and of course then we went to Maryville. You know the rest.

Pretty good description. I have no doubt OR will come to play. I've never really seen a bad OR team, just some not good enough to win the state.

Sometimes success can be a bad thing when you have clueless fans. I have a relative in OR and he's been following the 'cats since he moved there in 1970 or so. They won the state a few times in the 70's, but the in-between years they didn't win it that decade, he'd be moaning and groaning about coaching, etc. LOL

Have a safe trip coming down. For those of you who like great BBQ, '2 Dudes BBQ' will be set up cooking and serving the best pulled pork (sandwich or plate) you've ever put in your mouth. They're very clean and only use the best Boston Butts. They also have butt-loaded potatoes that are very tasty. (They're a UT Campus approved vendor that is located right across from Volunteer Village on gamedays) They'll be set up on McMinn's campus at the baseball field entrance, which is right across from the reserved parking lot of the stadium. Look for the orange trailer.

Wiggle,

You probably mean Card #63 from last year, Harder has been gone since 09, but i remember Chris Harder #47 a very tough middle linebacker. Small, but that kid would knock your block off, ask Jacob West from Maryville. I remember he put a lick on him right near the goal line in 09 against Maryville where West fumbled and it was a jackhammer hit. Anyways, can somebody somehow update me on this game? Text, Or somehow? i will give you my number, anything lol My boss isn't gonna be able to let me off, and it is gonna kill me. So, if any of yall wanna get my number somehow so you can text me, let me know. And, i am not joking lol. Gonna suck not being there.

Whats your number, I'll text you updates

Whats your number, I'll text you updates

whats your email wiggle and ill email it to you. I dont wanna post it here, so in case we lose every mcminn county poster here wont be pranking me and having that annoying ap announcer in the backgrounsd saying 1st DOWN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS Lol jk...What is ur email wiggle? thanx!

Edited by SweetScience

Tribefan, I think I can answer this one without giving away the game plan. I know we have traded films and your coaches already know what we do by now. So, here goes:

1. offense, multiple sets, mainly from the shotgun. Trap, counter, quick pitch, inside zone read and play action passing off all of those plays with a few screens sprinkled in.

2. Defense multiple, mainly 4-3 look, multiple blitz packages. mixed coverages: cover 3, cover 2, cover four when needed.

Strengths: Offense is just good all around. good line, good backs, qb, deep receiving corps.

Defense is very good also, good front, good backers, good secondary

Special teams: excellent, good kicker, good punter, good punt returner

weaknesses: I would have to say we're a little small at corner. We haven't played anybody any good in five

five weeks. We have mercy ruled the last 4 opponents in a row. This may cause us to start

slow, it's been along time since we played a good team.

I guess you can tell, I think we're a pretty solid football team. We are not Maryville by any means, but this team is playing very well right now. Hitting on all cylinders and playing at full strength, no injuries. We are very confident, but we also know that McMinn will be very good and will probably give more effort than most teams bring. I think it will be a good game, but Oak Ridge will be tough to beat. These kids love playing on the road. We played 4 straight road games last year. We beat Bradley, Cookeville, then Riverdale and of course then we went to Maryville. You know the rest.

Very good info. thanks. It sounds like you guys are solid. Let me point out a few things. 1st it sounds like you run a diverse running game to keep opponents off balance and have the opportunities to break lose for big gains if the defense don't stay disciplined there is alot of room to run by creating lanes and misdirection. That will be a plus for OR if Mcminn don't stay disciplined. And it is not good for Mcminn that the QB is out because it sounds like they could exploit your one weakness, the small DB's with their big receiver. If you guys are small at DB that is Mcminn's strength at WR Nevins being so big, not sure exactly but he looks about 6-3 or 4 and about 225 and can get down the field. Sounds like they could exploit this part of the game if they can find someone to get the ball in his direction.

Very good info. thanks. It sounds like you guys are solid. Let me point out a few things. 1st it sounds like you run a diverse running game to keep opponents off balance and have the opportunities to break lose for big gains if the defense don't stay disciplined there is alot of room to run by creating lanes and misdirection. That will be a plus for OR if Mcminn don't stay disciplined. And it is not good for Mcminn that the QB is out because it sounds like they could exploit your one weakness, the small DB's with their big receiver. If you guys are small at DB that is Mcminn's strength at WR Nevins being so big, not sure exactly but he looks about 6-3 or 4 and about 225 and can get down the field. Sounds like they could exploit this part of the game if they can find someone to get the ball in his direction.

Well, we have one corner who is real small, and then we have another #24 who goes about 6'2 Miller is his last name...So, i am assuming that is who they would put on your big receiver...

Pretty good description. I have no doubt OR will come to play. I've never really seen a bad OR team, just some not good enough to win the state.

Sometimes success can be a bad thing when you have clueless fans. I have a relative in OR and he's been following the 'cats since he moved there in 1970 or so. They won the state a few times in the 70's, but the in-between years they didn't win it that decade, he'd be moaning and groaning about coaching, etc. LOL

Have a safe trip coming down. For those of you who like great BBQ, '2 Dudes BBQ' will be set up cooking and serving the best pulled pork (sandwich or plate) you've ever put in your mouth. They're very clean and only use the best Boston Butts. They also have butt-loaded potatoes that are very tasty. (They're a UT Campus approved vendor that is located right across from Volunteer Village on gamedays) They'll be set up on McMinn's campus at the baseball field entrance, which is right across from the reserved parking lot of the stadium. Look for the orange trailer.

2 DUDES BARBEQUE............................ OAK RIDGE LISTEN UP..................................

I have gotten the chance 2 eat this at work a couple times and it is the best BBQ around and the biggest POTATO of any kind I have ever seen. I will become a Oak ridge fan if anyone from there can eat a sandwich and a whole BBQ potato in 30 minutes and not get sick. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST

2 DUDES BARBEQUE............................ OAK RIDGE LISTEN UP..................................

I have gotten the chance 2 eat this at work a couple times and it is the best BBQ around and the biggest POTATO of any kind I have ever seen. I will become a Oak ridge fan if anyone from there can eat a sandwich and a whole BBQ potato in 30 minutes and not get sick. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST

*** NOTICE ***

I just received a message from the owner of 2Dudes that unfortunately they WILL NOT be set up tonight to sell their famous BBQ. He has to be in Knoxville all afternoon, and his wife is sick.