Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History from last year, when the kees were already watching. Our QB will impress anyone who has an appreciation for gutsy, hardnosed football.A real warrior and if you had seen them this year or last, you would know that. #10 is gonna give you all he has everytime he touches the ball. #25s gonna pop a couple of big plays as well. #2,#5, #23 and #20 are going to get themselves open. #6, #75 #54, #16 are going to bring some lumber on the defensive side of the ball.

Don't know if that will be enough to win or not, but that's not history...it's a look into the future.... :thumb:

THANKS, GOOD INFO WANTED TO KNOW WHO TO LOOK FOR! ALSO, you forgot to mention your coach he is a key factor, I think he is one of the best that I have seen around. Should be a good match-up between him and Cagle.

And everybody talks about history, and it doesn't mean anything? Do you believe that in world history too? History is what makes us who we are...If Mcminn Co even had a history, would you ever bring it up? I am pretty sure you would. I dont know about Mcminn, but OR players have a lot of pride, cause that jersey they put on has a lot of history to it..Just like Maryville's or any great programs does..It is what brings the kids out to play...No kids wanna play for a team with no history..Agree?

I totally agree that history instills pride. And pride makes you who you are, but in a game history and pride does not win football games unless you are playing an inferior opponent who is scared of the jersey on the other side lines. History is good to know but when the whistle blows there it goes.

What i am trying to say is that it isnt all about speed and quickness and all the other physical attributes..Their is heart, desire, intensity, and pride in there too. And OR boys have a lot of it.

Larry Bird didn't have half of the physical attributes of most of the players he played against, but he simply dominated them in heart and will and determination...Just an example.

What i am trying to say is that it isnt all about speed and quickness and all the other physical attributes..Their is heart, desire, intensity, and pride in there too. And OR boys have a lot of it.

There you go I totally agree with you there and I DID SEE THAT IN OAK RIDGE LAST YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS. TOTALLY AGREE THEY OUT-HEARTED BRADLEY WHEN I SEEN YOU GUYS PLAY, AND WAS ROOTING FOR YOU, BECAUSE OF IT. That is what Mcminn defense and offensive line is about, and why I have enjoyed watching them play because they have been outmanned on the line in every game I have seen. Skill positions not outmanned but that desire on the line I love just as I seen in your team last year. Should be a great hard fought game.

There you go I totally agree with you there and I DID SEE THAT IN OAK RIDGE LAST YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS. TOTALLY AGREE THEY OUT-HEARTED BRADLEY WHEN I SEEN YOU GUYS PLAY, AND WAS ROOTING FOR YOU, BECAUSE OF IT. That is what Mcminn defense and offensive line is about, and why I have enjoyed watching them play because they have been outmanned on the line in every game I have seen. Skill positions not outmanned but that desire on the line I love just as I seen in your team last year. Should be a great hard fought game.

Yes sir, it should be. I really wish Mcminn the best, as far as i know and i have been a OR fan my whole life 32 years, and we have never had a problem with Mcminn Co in terms of lack of respect etc. Have a good night bud.

SS, do you think coach turns 15 loose this week? He's obviously been told not to run it. I'm ready to see him truck somebody. We need to get 6 back this week. You know 10 is going to put on a show, he's really good when the lights get brighter and the stage gets bigger. 25 is coming into his own. He will definately be the fastest player on the field.I think he takes one about 60 this week for a td. When we get in the I and run that sweep to 6 and 50 pulls, it is money in the bank, unstoppable. Give him six, touchdown Wildcats. Game can't get here fast enough.

I've been reading the posts from last night and laughing at some.

A mistake for Oak Ridge fans is to think that the McMinn County players don't put on that jersey with pride, just as the Oak Ridge players do. State Championships aside, McMinn County has had some very good teams and have upset the #1 ranked teams twice since 2008. We all know Oak Ridge has the pedigree, but sometimes that works against you if the opposing Coach points out everything Oak Ridge has accomplished and what his players are up against. It's the challenge that many times will cause a team to overcome (reference: McMinn versus Bradley last Friday).

As far as speed, I suspect that Oak Ridge has a couple of very fast players, just as McMinn does. I'll take football speed over track speed anyday. In the majority of situations, many things have to transpire for speed to be utilized......ie, good blocking, precisely run plays, etc. Playcalling and execution will be paramount this Friday for both teams.

I like what McMinn has accomplished this season after going 2-8 last year. The Cherokees were picked to finish in 5th place in the District pre-season, out of seven District teams. That didn't set well with the coaches and they challenged the players, and the players responded. No one - NO ONE - ever dreamed McMinn would go undefeated in the District, especially after starting out the season 2-2. I'm still amazed how much better they got after the loss to Farragut (going 6-0), and still in shock in how they went to Bradley County last Friday night and throughly dominated the highly favored Bears.

Even if the Cherokees lose to the Wildcats Friday night (like most are predicting), it's still been a pleasure to watch the young men on the team this year win on heart against all odds. And who knows, they might even upset Oak Ridge. :o

That is a good post blitzin, that's what its all about. You should be very proud of this group. Sounds like a great group of kids.

25, Matt Moore is our fastest guy. Believe me, he's got track speed and football speed. If he gets a little space, he's gone. Full speed in about 10 yards. I'm sure you guys have some great athletes as well. McMinn always has. I'm just glad you don't have anymore McDermotts, or do you? Where did those guys end up?

SS, do you think coach turns 15 loose this week? He's obviously been told not to run it. I'm ready to see him truck somebody. We need to get 6 back this week. You know 10 is going to put on a show, he's really good when the lights get brighter and the stage gets bigger. 25 is coming into his own. He will definately be the fastest player on the field.I think he takes one about 60 this week for a td. When we get in the I and run that sweep to 6 and 50 pulls, it is money in the bank, unstoppable. Give him six, touchdown Wildcats. Game can't get here fast enough.

ORK, that brings up a good point. Blade hasn't been using #15 to run the ball any. That is just another added deminsion to this team if he lets him loose. We all know how good this offense can be when we have him and Normand back there both healthy and running the ball too. We have been obliterating teams, albeit not really good teams, without Bradley running the ball. But, we have blown them out and taken care of business like a good team should.

Edited by SweetScience

I like what McMinn has accomplished this season after going 2-8 last year. The Cherokees were picked to finish in 5th place in the District pre-season, out of seven District teams. That didn't set well with the coaches and they challenged the players, and the players responded. No one - NO ONE - ever dreamed McMinn would go undefeated in the District, especially after starting out the season 2-2. I'm still amazed how much better they got after the loss to Farragut (going 6-0), and still in shock in how they went to Bradley County last Friday night and throughly dominated the highly favored Bears.

Even if the Cherokees lose to the Wildcats Friday night (like most are predicting), it's still been a pleasure to watch the young men on the team this year win on heart against all odds. And who knows, they might even upset Oak Ridge. :o

I have to agree that every fan of McMinn should be proud. Last year's record was hard to understand, because I thought they were better but somehow it just didn't seem to jell. This year it has and they have done well.

But before you say thoroughly dominated, maybe you need to look at the stats: Mcminn rushing 249, Bradley 221. McMinn Passing 148, Bradley 129. The big difference was 5 turnovers by Bradley after only having 7 all year, (and yes some of that was good play by McMinn causing them) most of which inside the Bradley 35 yard line. And the fact that at one point you had a 26 point lead and Bradley closed it back to 12 in the 4th. You guys won, deservedly so, but try to keep things in perspective.

One thing for certain, Oak Ridge had best not expect a cakewalk in Athens.

Any word on Simbeck's suspension appeal, or if there is one?