Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

lets quit picking boogers and trying to see who has the biggest. I could care less about what happened 10-20 years ago or the history of either team because Friday night none of those players will be taking the field. As for the QB situation with Mcminn I was under the impression that soph. Trevor Crisp was the QB for the future there. Now I am not sure but I thought I seen him in a cast last week at the Bradley game. If he is a go this week then OR may be in trouble worse than if Simbeck was to play. He had a pick 6 against Voityk earlier in the year and showed his speed which was like a cannon ball shot out of a cannon. Mcminn will have several options at QB other than Trevor or (fresh.)Corbin, if Bo puts Plaster or Simpson back there with Lindsey and Sanders that would be 3 guys in the backfield that runs 4.4-4.5 40 times, which will be very difficult for OR to handle because all the QB would have to do is lob the ball up for Nevins because I don't think there is a defensive back in the state that will out jump him. Regardless of who the QB will be Mcminn will put 5 guys on the field that run 4.4-4.5 40's which will be hard for OR to handle. Defensively Mcminn is small and fast and will absolutely lay the wood, there 2 DE will absolutely put the hammer down. I have not seen anyone drive the ball on them effectively, they usually give up a big play on a busted coverage or being out of position, but no long drives. Now I have seen Mcminn play 3 games this year against Farragut, Cleveland and Bradley. Against Farragut, Mcminn looked like a totally different team than they do now, they mostly only threw the ball and against Cleveland and Bradley seemed to rely on the run and work off that with the pass. In doing so they looked great finishing the year after the Farragut game with multiple 100 yard rushers in most every game. To finish, the loss of Simbeck will definantly hurt Mcminn but if Bo can find the right fit just like he has found the right offense this year, Mcminn will bang out a hard fought 24-20 win.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets quit picking boogers and trying to see who has the biggest. I could care less about what happened 10-20 years ago or the history of either team because Friday night none of those players will be taking the field. As for the QB situation with Mcminn I was under the impression that soph. Trevor Crisp was the QB for the future there. Now I am not sure but I thought I seen him in a cast last week at the Bradley game. If he is a go this week then OR may be in trouble worse than if Simbeck was to play. He had a pick 6 against Voityk earlier in the year and showed his speed which was like a cannon ball shot out of a cannon. Mcminn will have several options at QB other than Trevor or (fresh.)Corbin, if Bo puts Plaster or Simpson back there with Lindsey and Sanders that would be 3 guys in the backfield that runs 4.4-4.5 40 times, which will be very difficult for OR to handle because all the QB would have to do is lob the ball up for Nevins because I don't think there is a defensive back in the state that will out jump him. Regardless of who the QB will be Mcminn will put 5 guys on the field that run 4.4-4.5 40's which will be hard for OR to handle. Defensively Mcminn is small and fast and will absolutely lay the wood, there 2 DE will absolutely put the hammer down. I have not seen anyone drive the ball on them effectively, they usually give up a big play on a busted coverage or being out of position, but no long drives. Now I have seen Mcminn play 3 games this year against Farragut, Cleveland and Bradley. Against Farragut, Mcminn looked like a totally different team than they do now, they mostly only threw the ball and against Cleveland and Bradley seemed to rely on the run and work off that with the pass. In doing so they looked great finishing the year after the Farragut game with multiple 100 yard rushers in most every game. To finish, the loss of Simbeck will definantly hurt Mcminn but if Bo can find the right fit just like he has found the right offense this year, Mcminn will bang out a hard fought 24-20 win.

5 guys who run 4.4 to 4.5 40's huh? you know how many guys run that fast on UT's whole team? their are not a lot of true 4.4 guys out there...Do you know they run these times for a fact or you just going by what the kids have told you they run? It is hard to find a team in west tn who has that many kids starting for them who run that fast...Just saying man...According to you they have a team full of track stars..i guarantee you not one of them could catch #25 for oak ridge in an open field without an angle. actually, id bet money on it.

Edited by SweetScience

5 guys who run 4.4 to 4.5 40's huh? you know how many guys run that fast on UT's whole team? their are not a lot of true 4.4 guys out there...Do you know they run these times for a fact or you just going by what the kids have told you they run? It is hard to find a team in west tn who has that many kids starting for them who run that fast...Just saying man...According to you they have a team full of track stars..i guarantee you not one of them could catch #25 for oak ridge in an open field without an angle. actually, id bet money on it.

I'm in FOR $20 SS

A handfull of 4.4 40 kids on the same teams the equivelant of a high school baseball team with 5 95 mph pitchers... I'm with you SS :thumb:

Exactly, people are so silly...people don't realize just how fast 4.4 is...that is literally burning it...heck, 4.5 is for that matter...HS teams as a whole in east tn just dont have that type of speed...People don't take into account how 40 times are timed...are they wind aided, are they being electronically timed and running 4.4's? Doubt ya!

Yes sir I do. Lindsey 4.4 and he will catch your guy for sure, Bo said on the news last week that there wasn't a kid on the field that could catch him or as fast as him. Including Houston the little #5 for Bradley that you guys couldn't catch last year.Also, #15 Simpson, #2 Sanders, #7 Nevins, Plaster. Just for the record I ran 4.5 in my day 20 years later and 60 pounds more I ran the other day with my boy and still hold a impressive 5.6 in need of oxygen still today. lol

Ask your coach's who some of the best athletes you guys have played against since 2000 and they will tell you Mcminn. Best friend is friends with your coaches. we sell speed in the water down here.

I guess according to Rockytop3 we are gonna have to get ready for a team like Riverdale was in the mid 90's it sounds like...I am just wondering where all these track stars were when i watched them play Farragut earlier this year? <_<

And where is yalls track team every year btw? They should be fantastic it sounds like? Haven't ever known of them being much of anything? Yeah, everybody ran a 4.5 according to thereself man...Not being a smart***, just saying..4.5 and 4.4 is not common around these parts..

Edited by SweetScience

Exactly, people are so silly...people don't realize just how fast 4.4 is...that is literally burning it...heck, 4.5 is for that matter...HS teams as a whole in east tn just dont have that type of speed...People don't take into account how 40 times are timed...are they wind aided, are they being electronically timed and running 4.4's? Doubt ya!

I'm looking forward to a trip to Athens for some great football. I'll be there and so will many wildcat faithfull. One and done......let's get it on!!!!

Yes sir I do. Lindsey 4.4 and he will catch your guy for sure, Bo said on the news last week that there wasn't a kid on the field that could catch him or as fast as him. Including Houston the little #5 for Bradley that you guys couldn't catch last year.Also, #15 Simpson, #2 Sanders, #7 Nevins, Plaster. Just for the record I ran 4.5 in my day 20 years later and 60 pounds more I ran the other day with my boy and still hold a impressive 5.6 in need of oxygen still today. lol

Ask your coach's who some of the best athletes you guys have played against since 2000 and they will tell you Mcminn. Best friend is friends with your coaches. we sell speed in the water down here.

And you do know that our #25 was the first leg on our 4x100 team this year that placed 4th in the whole state, right?

I guess according to Rockytop3 we are gonna have to get ready for a team like Riverdale was in the mid 90's it sounds like...I am just wondering where all these track stars were when i watched them play Farragut earlier this year? <_<

1ST off Mcminn did not run the ball against Farragut, the game plan was different than any other game. 2nd off did you really watch the game? Mcminn had wide receiver one after the other run by the defenders like they were standing still but they either dropped the ball or it was a bad pass until the 2nd half and they started connecting (note new offensive scheme). Mcminn gave that game away, they statistically dominated everywhere but the final score. As the season has went on they have fine tuned their running game. I seen OR last year against Bradley and was not impressed at all with the exception of that big lineman that went to Vandy. If that same team that won last year comes to Athens this year they will be in for a long night. I was around Riverdale in the 90's by chance and can tell you Mcminn is not as good but has more kids with speed yes.. As for UT they better start recruiting some of the speed around or Dooley wont be around long. SEC is about speed and that is why we are loosing aka (#10 cb) cant even say his name makes me so mad. Sweet Science I was basically giving you a break down of what I know about the TRIBE you can use this forum as an educated way to talk football or you can use it as a childish way to try and 1 up someone or put them down, but if you think your team will walk into Athens Friday night and walk all over the Cherokees, then you be that guy cause it wont happen they got to many athletes.

And you do know that our #25 was the first leg on our 4x100 team this year that placed 4th in the whole state, right?

I believe #6 will be back this week, I think he and #75 and #54 and #16 and about 7 more wildcats will have something to do with how fast anybody covers 40 yards.

Like I said.....Lets get it on!!!!