Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

ok, you wanna include past 10 years? Which to be honest haven't been some of the best in the history of our great program, we still own the lead 5-4...yall have eeked out some close wins in the games you did win...by 3 pts or less...the other games were blowouts in our favor bud. And why not include all of the series history? You would want to if Mcminn Co had a 24-4 edge, so you think im not gonna? Good try lol

Gee, the first thing you do is start giving excuses, then saying McMinn barely won when they did. Who's to say Mcminn didn't have some bad teams when OR beat them those 5 times? What does it say in the W/L column......nary a word about how close it was or wasn't.

See, when you start that stuff you lose all credibility, having too much pride to admit you got beat. McMinn started turning the tide, and have had the upper hand the last 10+ years.

I just don't see the importance of what happened when your Grandpa played, but that's fine with me if it gives you a thrill. It was thrilling to me than when McMinn beat Oak Ridge for their Homecoming game. The faces on the Wildcat fans post-game was priceless. But that doesn't have a thing to with this Friday night.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, the first thing you do is start giving excuses, then saying McMinn barely won when they did. Who's to say Mcminn didn't have some bad teams when OR beat them those 5 times? What does it say in the W/L column......nary a word about how close it was or wasn't.

See, when you start that stuff you lose all credibility, having too much pride to admit you got beat. McMinn started turning the tide, and have had the upper hand the last 10+ years.

I just don't see the importance of what happened when your Grandpa played, but that's fine with me if it gives you a thrill. It was thrilling to me than when McMinn beat Oak Ridge for their Homecoming game. The faces on the Wildcat fans post-game was priceless. But that doesn't have a thing to with this Friday night.

Oh no, i admit we did get beat...obviously...from what i know of mcminn though these past 10 years or so have been a pretty good time in the history of yalls program....most of yalls wins came against Stanton Stevens coached Oak Ridge teams if i am not mistaken? Except for 05, which really was Coach Lussiers team, it wasn't a glorious period of Wildcat football...Thats all.

Edited by SweetScience

Sweet, I agree that the field looks very good this year, we don't need to listen to anyone yacking about that. Unfortunatley, I must agree about the visitors locker room. It SUCKS!!

Yes, it does, but also we got to and they got to realize that Blankenship stadium wasn't built yesterday lol...we do need to make some upgrades, no doubt.

Yes, it does, but also we got to and they got to realize that Blankenship stadium wasn't built yesterday lol...we do need to make some upgrades, no doubt.

It's def. showing its age in the buildings. The addition of the 25 second clocks was nice and the cheerleaders got what looks like a big donation from URS for an improved area for them as well. More community involvment is what its going to take to get the facilities improved.

Big Cat (Micheal Laurendine) does a fine job on our fields and should be commended. I gaurantee you he has wildcat pride.

It will be interesting to see how McMinn deals with the absence of their QB. Had heard they were going to appeal, any news yet? I think it will be a good game, but not sure McMinn can pull it off without their senior QB. OR 26 McMinn 20.

I agree, I think this games gonna be tough. The Wildcats are playing better, but the McMinn Co. team is gonna play thier hearts out to survive thier QB's suspension. You never know in the playoffs.

I hope your right... I would be happy with 28-27....just a win

I just have a hard time believing Mcminn in their situation will be very potent, they may prove me wrong. guess we will see. Plus, this OR team is very experienced at road playoff games,so i think that will come into play friday night. Wish both teams an injury free game.

Edited by SweetScience