• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wrong I was looking at the strength

McMinn- 100th

Oak Ridge's- 53rd

my bad!

Dude that don't mean anything look under thread about teams that got left out-Bartlett. I put a post on their about Notre Dame strenghth being 24 Not even close. Yours would be 24 but not theirs. I don't believe in that strength of schedule bull. Mcminn district was not as tuff as normal.

Dude that don't mean anything look under thread about teams that got left out-Bartlett. I put a post on their about Notre Dame strenghth being 24 Not even close. Yours would be 24 but not theirs. I don't believe in that strength of schedule bull. Mcminn district was not as tuff as normal.

regardless, it means zilch come friday night, right buddy?

regardless, it means zilch come friday night, right buddy?

Exactly. AS for schedule Mcminn open out of district games was weak. Meigs is a 15 minute drive that a lot of people around the 2 county's have been itching to play each other same goes for Mcminn Central both rivalry games. Mccalie is usually a tuff team and most public schools wont play them but Mcminn has had a history of playing them. Farragut was a good choice so Mcminn picked 2 toss ups and 2 wins on their non district games. Rhea, Soddy, Cleveland were down but Ooltewah and Bradley were both stout. Maryville has been on and off Mcminn's schedule for years.

Exactly. AS for schedule Mcminn open out of district games was weak. Meigs is a 15 minute drive that a lot of people around the 2 county's have been itching to play each other same goes for Mcminn Central both rivalry games. Mccalie is usually a tuff team and most public schools wont play them but Mcminn has had a history of playing them. Farragut was a good choice so Mcminn picked 2 toss ups and 2 wins on their non district games. Rhea, Soddy, Cleveland were down but Ooltewah and Bradley were both stout. Maryville has been on and off Mcminn's schedule for years.

yeah, i was watching a clip last year of Maryville and Mcminn on youtube..did yall play them in reg season or playoffs last year?

yeah, i was watching a clip last year of Maryville and Mcminn on youtube..did yall play them in reg season or playoffs last year?

I don't know I haven't been following Mcminn's recent teams until this year I usually go around to " The Game Of The Week" around Southeast TN., this year they were in the best game around a few times and they impressed me so I know more about this years team than past teams. If it was last year then Mcminn was not very good 2-8 or something, one of the worst years in history I believe, so it would have been a regular season game. I do know they played Maryville 2 years ago in the regular season and got drilled early in the year by about 30 or 40 then, much like this year got it together and started playing some good ball and faced Maryville again in the 2nd round of the playoffs and it came down to the last seconds of the game. I think they won something like 20-14 or something like that.

I don't know I haven't been following Mcminn's recent teams until this year I usually go around to " The Game Of The Week" around Southeast TN., this year they were in the best game around a few times and they impressed me so I know more about this years team than past teams. If it was last year then Mcminn was not very good 2-8 or something, one of the worst years in history I believe, so it would have been a regular season game. I do know they played Maryville 2 years ago in the regular season and got drilled early in the year by about 30 or 40 then, much like this year got it together and started playing some good ball and faced Maryville again in the 2nd round of the playoffs and it came down to the last seconds of the game. I think they won something like 20-14 or something like that.

Yep, i was at that game in 2009, the playoff game. We played Maryville that year in the regular season, and our game came down to the wire too..They beat us 21-16 i believe...We had the ball with seconds to go and threw a hail mary, incomplete..It was a heartbreaker..Maryville was much tougher last year and this year...

lets quit picking boogers and trying to see who has the biggest. I could care less about what happened 10-20 years ago or the history of either team because Friday night none of those players will be taking the field. As for the QB situation with Mcminn I was under the impression that soph. Trevor Crisp was the QB for the future there. Now I am not sure but I thought I seen him in a cast last week at the Bradley game. If he is a go this week then OR may be in trouble worse than if Simbeck was to play. He had a pick 6 against Voityk earlier in the year and showed his speed which was like a cannon ball shot out of a cannon. Mcminn will have several options at QB other than Trevor or (fresh.)Corbin, if Bo puts Plaster or Simpson back there with Lindsey and Sanders that would be 3 guys in the backfield that runs 4.4-4.5 40 times, which will be very difficult for OR to handle because all the QB would have to do is lob the ball up for Nevins because I don't think there is a defensive back in the state that will out jump him. Regardless of who the QB will be Mcminn will put 5 guys on the field that run 4.4-4.5 40's which will be hard for OR to handle. Defensively Mcminn is small and fast and will absolutely lay the wood, there 2 DE will absolutely put the hammer down. I have not seen anyone drive the ball on them effectively, they usually give up a big play on a busted coverage or being out of position, but no long drives. Now I have seen Mcminn play 3 games this year against Farragut, Cleveland and Bradley. Against Farragut, Mcminn looked like a totally different team than they do now, they mostly only threw the ball and against Cleveland and Bradley seemed to rely on the run and work off that with the pass. In doing so they looked great finishing the year after the Farragut game with multiple 100 yard rushers in most every game. To finish, the loss of Simbeck will definantly hurt Mcminn but if Bo can find the right fit just like he has found the right offense this year, Mcminn will bang out a hard fought 24-20 win.

AMEN!!!!!!

Tribefan, I think I can answer this one without giving away the game plan. I know we have traded films and your coaches already know what we do by now. So, here goes:

1. offense, multiple sets, mainly from the shotgun. Trap, counter, quick pitch, inside zone read and play action passing off all of those plays with a few screens sprinkled in.

2. Defense multiple, mainly 4-3 look, multiple blitz packages. mixed coverages: cover 3, cover 2, cover four when needed.

Strengths: Offense is just good all around. good line, good backs, qb, deep receiving corps.

Defense is very good also, good front, good backers, good secondary

Special teams: excellent, good kicker, good punter, good punt returner

weaknesses: I would have to say we're a little small at corner. We haven't played anybody any good in five

five weeks. We have mercy ruled the last 4 opponents in a row. This may cause us to start

slow, it's been along time since we played a good team.

I guess you can tell, I think we're a pretty solid football team. We are not Maryville by any means, but this team is playing very well right now. Hitting on all cylinders and playing at full strength, no injuries. We are very confident, but we also know that McMinn will be very good and will probably give more effort than most teams bring. I think it will be a good game, but Oak Ridge will be tough to beat. These kids love playing on the road. We played 4 straight road games last year. We beat Bradley, Cookeville, then Riverdale and of course then we went to Maryville. You know the rest.

Tribefan, I think I can answer this one without giving away the game plan. I know we have traded films and your coaches already know what we do by now. So, here goes:

1. offense, multiple sets, mainly from the shotgun. Trap, counter, quick pitch, inside zone read and play action passing off all of those plays with a few screens sprinkled in.

2. Defense multiple, mainly 4-3 look, multiple blitz packages. mixed coverages: cover 3, cover 2, cover four when needed.

Strengths: Offense is just good all around. good line, good backs, qb, deep receiving corps.

Defense is very good also, good front, good backers, good secondary

Special teams: excellent, good kicker, good punter, good punt returner

weaknesses: I would have to say we're a little small at corner. We haven't played anybody any good in five

five weeks. We have mercy ruled the last 4 opponents in a row. This may cause us to start

slow, it's been along time since we played a good team.

I guess you can tell, I think we're a pretty solid football team. We are not Maryville by any means, but this team is playing very well right now. Hitting on all cylinders and playing at full strength, no injuries. We are very confident, but we also know that McMinn will be very good and will probably give more effort than most teams bring. I think it will be a good game, but Oak Ridge will be tough to beat. These kids love playing on the road. We played 4 straight road games last year. We beat Bradley, Cookeville, then Riverdale and of course then we went to Maryville. You know the rest.

ORK,

I would have to agree with you. I think this team is really coming on right now, and if 15 can get turned loose again they will be even better. This team seems to be stronger on offense than last year but a little weaker defensively. Still very solid on the D but I think Harder is missed.