Oakland @ Mt. Juliet

nrgrizzlies

Yawn, are you from Farragut? For the last time, THERE IS NO OPEN ZONING IN BLOUNT COUNTY!

Maryville and Alcoa have their own city school systems. To attend their schools, you have to be a resident of their city. If you are not a resident, you may apply to enroll as a tuition student. In Maryville, tuition students are accepted on a space available basis. The annual tuition is in excess of $2000. The last time I looked, there was ONE tuition student on the Maryville High School roster.

Play out your state championship fantasies all you want, but until you actually win the gold ball, that's all they are...Maybe Riverdale can actually beat poor, weak Oak Ridge THIS year and return to Maryville to avenge the beatdown they suffered two years ago!

Maryville would not be as dominate in 7AAA for the simple reason we do NOT have open zoning to get kids from in Rutherford County. They would compete and be VERY good, but they would NOT be as dominate as they are now.

I am willing to bet if Blount Count stoped open zoning you would see them all fall off. I know Rankin WOULD leave. While Coach Quarles LOVES it there, some of the BIG offers he has historically turned down, might look more appealing from a couple of privates. I know they WOULD call more often.

Edited by EarlVolFan

I agree 7AAA is toughest district in state...Maryville will not repeat as state champs and do not play the caliber of the teams in 7AAA week in and week out...Any of the top 3 teams in 7AAA would beat Maryville this yr..Maryville is talented but they are down this yr...Mt juliet just has a lot of weapons on offense and just tough to defense...But good luck to your Pats and maybe they can make me eat crow...lol

You're right, Maryville is pretty down this year. Sounds like you've done your research and have us figured out. Best of luck. :roll:

You're right, Maryville is pretty down this year. Sounds like you've done your research and have us figured out. Best of luck. :roll:

Rebulldawg, what blows my mind is how everyone across the state talks about Maryville High Football. No matter who / what division / or where we play everyone wants to talk about how they can beat us and how weak our schedule is. Oh well we will follow GQ's game plan, one game season starting Friday night. If we are lucky enough to advance, maybe we can play a football team that knows how to bring home a golden ball trophy. HOPE TO SEE U GUYS IN MARYVILLE. By the way do not overlook Oak Ridge ( another east tn team )

Edited by Rebels5star