Knox Catholic, where do we go

footballsense

First of all parents are donating all the money, so I guess they are pretty happy with how things are going.

Second of all we up graded our coach when we replaced the last one. Just like we up graded our competition when we went to 5A (while playing in a mostly 6A district)

Meadows an upgrade?? That's hilarious...

Meadows an upgrade?? That's hilarious...

AMEN TO THAT, I heard the money was coming from a couple of business men in the Catholic Family, lets quite complaining about being in 5A 6A or whatever, thats the difference from the coach I played for and the one that is leading our players now, he played anyone win or lose WITHOUT EXCUSES.

Who is complaining, I said we updated our competition, we are no longer playing: Stone Memorial (1-18), we are no longer playing Wartburg (0-20), we are no longer playing Sequoyah (3-17) The last 3 seasons Pemberton Coached the teams he faced were combined 144-153 record. The first 3 years of Meadows he has faced teams with a combined record of 172-127. Like I said No one is complaining. Yes Pemberton played Fulton and AE, but that was about it in his 3A district. Yes Livingston was good for one season. What you guys did then we are still proud of, but you can not compare apples and oranges.

Who is complaining, I said we updated our competition, we are no longer playing: Stone Memorial (1-18), we are no longer playing Wartburg (0-20), we are no longer playing Sequoyah (3-17) The last 3 seasons Pemberton Coached the teams he faced were combined 144-153 record. The first 3 years of Meadows he has faced teams with a combined record of 172-127. Like I said No one is complaining. Yes Pemberton played Fulton and AE, but that was about it in his 3A district. Yes Livingston was good for one season. What you guys did then we are still proud of, but you can not compare apples and oranges.

Fulton, AE, AC and Webb were traditionally strong. The overall schedule appears weak but there were other teams that also refused to play us that would have been an upgrade. They had too much to lose playing down a division or two and risking a loss. Not that scrimmages count for anything but we didn't hesitate to go against Alcoa, OR, Rhea County etc. and more than held our own.

Rumor at Humps. Matt Lowe to Catholic as an assistant. Is it true?

That would surprise me very much.

And an edit: It's not that I don't expect Matt to coach again - I believe he will, but just not this soon.

Edited by HTV

Come now, AC strong? all the coaches in the building refer to them as "apple turnover county" have we ever lost to them in football? If I am not mistaken we even payed Chucky-Doak $2000 to play us at home! Pemberton was the master of scheduling But that does not take away from the fact you beat very good fulton and AE teams and Pemberton did beat Webb 5x in a row, but don't dis our kids playing who they are playing.

Come now, AC strong? all the coaches in the building refer to them as "apple turnover county" have we ever lost to them in football? If I am not mistaken we even payed Chucky-Doak $2000 to play us at home! Pemberton was the master of scheduling But that does not take away from the fact you beat very good fulton and AE teams and Pemberton did beat Webb 5x in a row, but don't dis our kids playing who they are playing.

Not dissing anyone. You might want to rethink the AC comment. You are correct that we never lost to them but it's not like we blew them out every time. Remember some come from behind wins and dodging a playoff loss late. But again, you have no choice in your district foes no matter what the classification. My initial point was that several good teams in the area refused to play us.

Rumor at Humps. Matt Lowe to Catholic as an assistant. Is it true?

From Matt Lowe's mouth just a few minutes ago - no, that rumor is not true. He's not going to be coaching at Catholic or anywhere else next fall. He is going to do what he said he was going to - spend some time with his family.

Wow great news for the players and the school, to bad we are spending so much on up grading our field and still have the same direction with our program, if your up grading the facility go ahead and up grade the coaching, I guess suitcase will stay to ride that check as long as possible.

You are wise grasshopper. Rest assured the suitcase is still packed.