Knoxville GCA breaks ground on new Stadium Field and refurbished Stadium

12thmanGCA

Pujo and many others told you ,you were cheating long before you got caught, you and all tha Grace people denied it to the bitter end. Pujo and the many others turned out right. You have a great draw for kids now and won't have to cheat much ,but you'll still have to cheat a little. Just got to be smarter about it.

You are wrong about everyone denying the infractions- many, many, many parents, and grandparents, staff and most importantly the students, were extremely upset about the situation. Students had a facebook page where they expressed their feelings about failures of administration and coaches to address the issues . We have all moved on, taken our medicine, especially the ballplayers, and even knowing there would be no post season play, they successfully completed an undefeated season. Hopefully other schools will learn the same lesson Grace has and strive for honor and fair play. Please stop beating this dead horse and using the kids as your club.

You are wrong about everyone denying the infractions- many, many, many parents, and grandparents, staff and most importantly the students, were extremely upset about the situation. Students had a facebook page where they expressed their feelings about failures of administration and coaches to address the issues . We have all moved on, taken our medicine, especially the ballplayers, and even knowing there would be no post season play, they successfully completed an undefeated season. Hopefully other schools will learn the same lesson Grace has and strive for honor and fair play. Please stop beating this dead horse and using the kids as your club.

Thats just it granny, no one at grace thats in charge has learned any lessons other than how to cheat without getting caught. How else do you get kids to PAY supposedly to go to a school that has no post season play. Kids at grace get help to go to a private school to play sports. You spend MILLIONS of dollars to have the best facilities for all the kids to be drawn to your program who should be at Karns , Clinton , AC , and Oak Ridge , and many other places. Most large publics can't afford that NO small schools that you guys play can.

Wanamaker was put through school by his legal guardians. The same ones that put him through college. The same ones that he lived with.

Williams mother was killed in car wreck. Lived with his grandmother and unfortunately yes the preacher of the church helped them financially. That was a mistake and the lack of knowledge of the TSSAA rules.

Post player from Florida was unfortunately a simple mistake on paper which was discovered late in season by former AD and then they turned it in.

I don't care what any of you say...especially Pujo, but none of these were deliberate. Enuf said!!

The issue here is that the GCA folks are believing what is being fed to them by the GCA people running the show, including the pastor. If you look at the TSSAA question and answer section on their website, it clearly states:

Q. A student with or without an athletic record moves to live with a guardian other than a parent. Is the student

eligible?

A. No. A student must live with the new guardian, if other than their parent, for 12 months or longer.[/b]

Therefore if the pastor's son was Wannamakers legal guardian, Wannamaker still had to sit out for 12 months to be eligible.

With the Williams kid, you admitted that the wrong doing there, although I find it hard to accept the pastor saying he knows that the students tuition has to be paid by the legal guardian and that he cannot provide tuition, but it is okay to provide the bereavement money to the grandparents so they can pay the tuition. Call it bereavment or whatever you want, but I believe that the pastor and the school thought they had found a way around the rule, and this belief was confirmed by a former GCA school board member who admitted the school thought they hade found a way around the scholarship issue. And if the Williams kid's grandparents had decided to not tell the truth and elected to show the TSSAA her cancelled tuition check (funds provided via church bereavement money deposited into their bank account), GCA would have gotten away with it. I highly commend the grandparents for telling the truth. Continuing to promote this as an honest mistake by the church and school insults our intelligence. Until you own the illegal wrongdoing, you will continue to be criticized and labeled as cheaters. Word of advice, take your lumps, own the mistake, and quit defending it

In regards to the player from FL, that kid was actually brought up here by your asst basketball coach to play his senior year at GCA and lived with another asst coach. After his senior year, he returned to FL to live with his family. Athletes having to live with their parents and dual residency infractions are clearly explained in the TSSAA handbook. Apparently GCA feels they are exempt from reading it.

Finally, again it appears that the GCA loyal continue to believe whatever is fed to them by the church and school, without confirming anything. And yet others in this community that were impacted by the cheating, are continually accused of not knowing what we are talking about. Unfortunately, many of us (Pujo included) are dead on with some of our accusations.

Is this the same facebook page that the principal ordered shutdown after a only a few days of it being up? I agree there was a lot of angry posts on it, as I saw the website. Coincidentally, many of the posts came from former GCA students, and even some former coaches, who said the cheating had been going on for years.

Thats just it granny, no one at grace thats in charge has learned any lessons other than how to cheat without getting caught. How else do you get kids to PAY supposedly to go to a school that has no post season play. Kids at grace get help to go to a private school to play sports. You spend MILLIONS of dollars to have the best facilities for all the kids to be drawn to your program who should be at Karns , Clinton , AC , and Oak Ridge , and many other places. Most large publics can't afford that NO small schools that you guys play can.

Really? "How do you get kids to Pay to go to a school that has no post season play"? That question shows exactly were your priorities are. The kids parents are paying for them to go to school and get an EDUCATION. Sports are an EXTRA curricular activity, however it seems that alot of people have forgotten that fact. And that is one huge fact to be overlooking.

We cheated, we got caught, right decision or wrong decision morally, it was wrong in the TSSAA rule book. Williams wasn't worth all of this. He was good, but also a liability. Pay for the kids school and keep him off the field and court, that would have prevented all of this. The good news for GCA is that it's behind us (except for all the mouthing by the outsiders) after BBall season.

I can't fault any of you for taking your shots at GCA. If I were on the other side, I would be even louder. However, being on the inside, I can tell you that this is a very cool ministry and school for Knox Co. Yes, we have a large "pool" to draw from and that makes you guys mad (Hampton and others). BUT, if you lived in Knox Co. and had to live with the below average performance of High Schools around the county, you would also choose an alternate education for your child. I'm extremely pleased with my investment in my children's education, and they don't play sports...yet. They are "lifer's" at GCA and God willing, they will remain there for the duration of there elementary, middle, and high school education.

As for the Cosby punk choosing to post on here, we refer to the "Lord" with a LARGE "L". He deserves it. And you need to thank Him that you don't have to play us in a region game....you wouldn't like the outcome. By the way, how's the next sexually abusive coaching search going? Point fingers, expect them pointed back. What GCA did was wrong, but we didn't cross that line......I understand there's not much to pick from up there, but surely he could have hit on the Dollar General clerk or the Family Dollar lady. WOW HS girl and married Mom's, come on!

We cheated, we got caught, right decision or wrong decision morally, it was wrong in the TSSAA rule book. Williams wasn't worth all of this. He was good, but also a liability. Pay for the kids school and keep him off the field and court, that would have prevented all of this. The good news for GCA is that it's behind us (except for all the mouthing by the outsiders) after BBall season.

I can't fault any of you for taking your shots at GCA. If I were on the other side, I would be even louder. However, being on the inside, I can tell you that this is a very cool ministry and school for Knox Co. Yes, we have a large "pool" to draw from and that makes you guys mad (Hampton and others). BUT, if you lived in Knox Co. and had to live with the below average performance of High Schools around the county, you would also choose an alternate education for your child. I'm extremely pleased with my investment in my children's education, and they don't play sports...yet. They are "lifer's" at GCA and God willing, they will remain there for the duration of there elementary, middle, and high school education.

As for the Cosby punk choosing to post on here, we refer to the "Lord" with a LARGE "L". He deserves it. And you need to thank Him that you don't have to play us in a region game....you wouldn't like the outcome. By the way, how's the next sexually abusive coaching search going? Point fingers, expect them pointed back. What GCA did was wrong, but we didn't cross that line......I understand there's not much to pick from up there, but surely he could have hit on the Dollar General clerk or the Family Dollar lady. WOW HS girl and married Mom's, come on!

'Pride, I think all this would go away if (when negative things are said) gca posters wouldn't try to act like nothing happened and they were lied on or done wrong...JMO, but you and I have gone round and round and finally extended the proverbial olive branch because you seem to be a "honest" fan...A great example to the others!

'Pride, I think all this would go away if (when negative things are said) gca posters wouldn't try to act like nothing happened and they were lied on or done wrong...JMO, but you and I have gone round and round and finally extended the proverbial olive branch because you seem to be a "honest" fan...A great example to the others!

That's what I was trying to say to everyone on here. We cheated, right or wrong (and it was wrong, no matter what anyone says, TSSAA rules are rules to abide by). Just stop defending it, I've tried until I was blue in the face and it didn't sway anyone's opinion. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure all that defending made ME feel any better. Bottom line is there are a bunch of kids and families that had to suffer the punishment of a TSSAA ban. Did we deserve it, YES, did the kids that are here doing the right things deserve it, NO. But its a great life lesson that has been taught around here the past couple of years. I'm glad the administration has taken this and taught our kids the right thing has to be done in every situation. I'm also glad we've taken steps to make sure this doesn't happen again.

As for the Hampton / GCA duel, we hope to get into the playoffs next year and make it to a game between our two schools. I know it will be a tough game and one to be remembered. Thanks for the kind words YOU-KNOW-IT-TOO!

That's what I was trying to say to everyone on here. We cheated, right or wrong (and it was wrong, no matter what anyone says, TSSAA rules are rules to abide by). Just stop defending it, I've tried until I was blue in the face and it didn't sway anyone's opinion. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure all that defending made ME feel any better. Bottom line is there are a bunch of kids and families that had to suffer the punishment of a TSSAA ban. Did we deserve it, YES, did the kids that are here doing the right things deserve it, NO. But its a great life lesson that has been taught around here the past couple of years. I'm glad the administration has taken this and taught our kids the right thing has to be done in every situation. I'm also glad we've taken steps to make sure this doesn't happen again.

As for the Hampton / GCA duel, we hope to get into the playoffs next year and make it to a game between our two schools. I know it will be a tough game and one to be remembered. Thanks for the kind words YOU-KNOW-IT-TOO!

:thumb:

Great Post! We have come full circle from a couple of years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can say you all at Grace Christian Academy have came full circle since Coach McKamey is still running the show. He has shown time and time again, he doesn't have the qualities to run a program on the up and up or can he ever really truly be looked upon as a good coach with the way he does things. I am the Watch Dog and I have been watching this program from its infancy and seen all the trouble early on.

Wow! The watch dog? Is that another term for 40 year old virgin? You need to get a life man.