MBA vs Briarcrest

rollbigred1

Not much interest in this first round game. MBA should easily handle this team from Memphis. IF they win, it looks like they would have to beat the best three teams in the league. Odds on that trifecta are pretty long. It does appear like they are getting ready for next year, but It will be interesting to see what events transpire after the season. More on that when it breaks.

First MBA doesn't travel well. Chattanooga is not that far away, but one year I heard MBA forgot to bring footballs to warm up with. My point is it is just a lot tougher to play on the road. Second, this team is beat up. The sidelines are full of hobbled players. Anytime a 5th string running back is called on, it is a sign of weakness, not strength. Third, it looks like the coaches are playing for next year. Maybe that works, but I don't think you will know for a year. MBA teams always thinks they can win, but IF this team doesn't jump out early and the the home cooking kicks in, it will be a long ride back home. Got to spit the truth...Baylor...at will.

First MBA doesn't travel well. Chattanooga is not that far away, but one year I heard MBA forgot to bring footballs to warm up with. My point is it is just a lot tougher to play on the road. Second, this team is beat up. The sidelines are full of hobbled players. Anytime a 5th string running back is called on, it is a sign of weakness, not strength. Third, it looks like the coaches are playing for next year. Maybe that works, but I don't think you will know for a year. MBA teams always thinks they can win, but IF this team doesn't jump out early and the the home cooking kicks in, it will be a long ride back home. Got to spit the truth...Baylor...at will.

What do you mean by the coaches are playing for next year??

I know the TSSAA likes the gate in the Playoffs, but these first round games really should be re-thought. Make "making the Playoffs" meaningful. If everyone makes it, why play the regular season? I know the answer, but you get the point. Oh well, maybe the TSSAA has that under consideration too. On to Baylor... having to travel to a well rested opponent who has beaten you once can not be a coach's dream. I will check the lay of the land later in the week to post an update.

I know the TSSAA likes the gate in the Playoffs, but these first round games really should be re-thought. Make "making the Playoffs" meaningful. If everyone makes it, why play the regular season? I know the answer, but you get the point. Oh well, maybe the TSSAA has that under consideration too.

If they're looking at anything, it's how to squeeze more money out of this. If they go to a double-elimination format, remember you saw it here first.

If they're looking at anything, it's how to squeeze more money out of this. If they go to a double-elimination format, remember you saw it here first.

I agree. I don't have a solution, but for BA to play JPII and MBA to play a Briarcrest team that certainly was overmatched is a waste of time, money, and it risks injury for all teams.

Also, it's good to see MBA end the year with some wins. I'm picking Baylor next week, but they should rebound next year and return to the program they should be.

I'm saying $15 playoff ticket within 3 years. $20 for championship plus $25 for parking. Make sure you pick up that TSSAA state championship hoodie for a cool $40.

Edited by shakinthefat

I'm saying $15 playoff ticket within 3 years. $20 for championship plus $25 for parking. Make sure you pick up that TSSAA state championship hoodie for a cool $40.

Oh, see, I was just being silly. I expect your prediction on prices to happen. When I bought my ticket at the MBA athletic office Friday, they were apologetic about the cost, and told me a couple of times that it was TSSAA policy and all the money went to them.