7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

Maryville would not run the table in 7aaa. They would still have great runs in the playoffs, and some state titles, but not at the pace they have had the past 15 years.

There is a reason 7aaa was ranked the 6th toughest distict in the NATION(I think that is what I read a little while back, cant remember source).

Survive 7aaa undefeated and win a state championship and you have a case for a top national ranking, even after one season.

Maryville's ranking comes from multiple years of winning, not from a punishing single season with a state championship at the end.

7AAA = BIG10

Phact.

AMEN TO THAT, if and buts, I could have predicated that would be the case much tougher football there in 7A, bottom line is Maryville has done what they have needed to so they can represent their classification each year this year may be different who knows but, the facts are what they are,all the talk can't play with the BIG boys, got that done won't win as much in regular season UNDEFEATED in district play since moving up, face the facts they have something great going on and they may not make it to state this year who knows, none of us on here we can post and talk all we want who the best is but like I said earlier until Maryville is out a couple of years I wouldn't count them out.

I made no excuses last year when they beat Smyrna I congratulated them and asked them to grill my crow and will do the same this year if they win!!!!

Bullydog, you probably need to make sure you got some gas in the tank and go ahead and get the grill fired up again. You guys may have some awesome teams this year - I haven't seen you. But murvil has been rebuilding the last couple of years for this year. They are very good. No, they are not unbeatable, but you better be able to control the ball on offense while putting up some serious points, win the turnover battle by +2, and be able to stop both the run and the pass.

Is there anybody in 7-AAA that can line up and run the ball without those drive killing negative plays (i.e. turnovers, fumbles, penalties, etc)? If so, they will have the best chance - JMO.

I hope you guys got some sleep last night. I personally would like to see Maryville play some games on the national scene. Trinity or St. X from KY or Gaffney, Byrnes or Dorman from SC would be fun to see. Even Baylor or McCallie would be nice. I believe Maryville is good enough to compete and get the kids, school and TN more exposure for that matter.

I hope you guys got some sleep last night. I personally would like to see Maryville play some games on the national scene. Trinity or St. X from KY or Gaffney, Byrnes or Dorman from SC would be fun to see. Even Baylor or McCallie would be nice. I believe Maryville is good enough to compete and get the kids, school and TN more exposure for that matter.

Well you have several games you can schedule each year. Riverdale went to St. Xavier (KY) and Smyrna played Olive Branch, MS this year so if you want some get some!!!!

I don't think Maryville would beat Blackman, Smyrna, or Riverdale.

Maybe Oakland and Siegel and definitely Lavergne.

However I do think Oakland will beat MJ.

I may be all wrong but I guess we will see.

To be honest, I have no idea how Maryville would fair in 7AAA. Neither does anybody else. All we can go on is common opponents and speculations about the strengths of this year’s teams.

Yes, we (Maryville) have beaten Riverdale and Smyrna. But that proves nothing but that on a given day at a certain time, in the past, the clock ran out with Maryville ahead.

Don’t get me wrong, we are happy for the wins and thankful to be able to share the field with any 7AAA team. I sincerely hope Riverdale will get to visit us again and one of the 7AAA teams makes it out of the West to play in Cookeville. If we can get lucky and stay healthy, maybe we will get to play at least one, if not two 7AAA teams.

The common opponent factor is so unreliable. Two years ago Riverdale (at home) won in a shoot-out with Farragut. We had to come from behind to beat them. Logic would tell you the Maryville/ Riverdale game would be close. Nothing could have been further from the truth! Our girl’s rugby team plays tougher than Riverdale did that night!

So, all we can do is try our best and be thankful we don’t have to play a 7AAA team but once or twice a year. Or maybe we’ll get really lucky and no 7AAA team will make it far enough to play us! Oh wait, that would be a miracle! Hmmm … do I believe in miracles when it comes to football? Start praying brothers; we need all the help we can get!