7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

I'm trying to get away from this , but this right here is a load of crap ! I've heard so much Crap the last 2 years about 7AAA I've grown sick of it ! Most of this has come from the Blackman and Smyrna fans , but for you to act like a lot of these 7AAA fans haven't been disrespecting EastTN teams and Maryville in particular is HILARIOUS !! "some uncharitable comments " :roflol:

Ever think it is because some of us have been listening about both Maryville and DB being so much better for the last TEN years? Even the sports writers have crammed it down our throats about DB being #1 in the state in the 5 class days and then Maryville in the 6 class days.

Some of us DO respect Maryville and especially your Coach Q, but I hate to break it to you he does NOT walk on water.......well at least when the temps are above freezing! :roflol:

When we last met, you DID send us home both humbled and with our collective tails between our legs. Thing is no one up there was giving R'dale and the other schools in 7AAA credit for all the Championship and Silver Runner up trophys either. Think about it, while Maryville won 10 straight, they can be beaten also. Now look at R'dales 10 appearences in the big dance. No we did not win them all, we did win a few along with Oakland and Smyrna. Think about it what other county can say it has three seperate schools that have won the Gold ball in 5/6A level in the state?

I will also give you the fact that Maryville AND Alcoa have impressive records along with appearences by Oak Ridge, but to be blunt the rest of the schools up there have not shown me much during the last 15 years come playoff time.

Hopefully we will meet again, but we got to get by Oak Ridge first without choking.

Until then, have a good injury free playoff.

Vols football team replaced by Maryville High football team

This article should end all arguments about who is better...Maryville or 7AAA! Evidently, Maryville is even better than the Vols! Pretty funny... :mrgreen:

Now that is funny!

And we all know that UT could not get through a season in 7aaa undefeated, lol. A win against LaVergne would be an accomplishment for them.

Ever think it is because some of us have been listening about both Maryville and DB being so much better for the last TEN years? Even the sports writers have crammed it down our throats about DB being #1 in the state in the 5 class days and then Maryville in the 6 class days.

Some of us DO respect Maryville and especially your Coach Q, but I hate to break it to you he does NOT walk on water.......well at least when the temps are above freezing! :roflol:

When we last met, you DID send us home both humbled and with our collective tails between our legs. Thing is no one up there was giving R'dale and the other schools in 7AAA credit for all the Championship and Silver Runner up trophys either. Think about it, while Maryville won 10 straight, they can be beaten also. Now look at R'dales 10 appearences in the big dance. No we did not win them all, we did win a few along with Oakland and Smyrna. Think about it what other county can say it has three seperate schools that have won the Gold ball in 5/6A level in the state?

I will also give you the fact that Maryville AND Alcoa have impressive records along with appearences by Oak Ridge, but to be blunt the rest of the schools up there have not shown me much during the last 15 years come playoff time.

Hopefully we will meet again, but we got to get by Oak Ridge first without choking.

Until then, have a good injury free playoff.

Don't forget Walland in '75...Blount county has 3 teams who have won the gold ball.

Well, 6A has not been around long (2009) and three classifications does not seem terribly long ago (1993). Walland was a 1A school. So if we are counting.

Sumner County probably has the most Gold Balls of any county by different teams and a few Silver Balls.

Gallatin - Gold 1992, 1989, 1978 Silver 1991, 1987, 1982 (All 3A-Highest classification)

Beech - Gold 2009(5A)

Portland - Gold 2000(3A) Silver 1999(3A), 1994(3A)

White House - Gold 1997(3A) Silver 1975(1A), 1972(1A)

Hendersonville - Silver 2010(5A), 2001(5A), 1998(5A)

4 different teams with Gold Balls, 5 different have made championship game. Neighbors just down the street fare pretty well to in Trousdale County and Goodpasture.

I don't think Maryville would beat Blackman, Smyrna, or Riverdale.

Maybe Oakland and Siegel and definitely Lavergne.

However I do think Oakland will beat MJ.

I may be all wrong but I guess we will see.

Smyrna and blackman are out,so all maryville has to do is beat riverdale?the only decent game isnt named and its whitehaven,and that is a decent game in the championship at best, if the rebels are firing on all their pistons.good luck to everyone out there in the playoffs though and any team is worthy to play maryville,it could turn out as a good game afterall.well just have to see when it comes around.

Edited by rebelforever

I know this is 7AAA verses Maryville. Could Maryville win if they played in 7AAA? Of course they would, any team in 7AAA would win consistently if they had this coaching staff! Maryville has regularly beaten teams with more talent. Why? Coaching, plain and simple! They are the best overall coaching staff in the state at any level. If somebody from out of the state came and where looking for a head coach to lead their team to a State Championship, is there anybody (in their right mind) who would not recommend GQ?

Who in 7AAA, if they got the opportunity, would not trade their head coach for George Quarles?

Edited by oldhick76

Now, the issue of 7AAA being the toughest region in the state, especially the feeling that the East is weak, overall. I would agree if you only look at the individual regions. Regions 1, 2, and 3 are top heavy! D-B, Science Hill, and Oak Ridge are going to make the play-offs whether they deserve to be there or not! Do they try to beef up their schedules without having to drive 200 miles west? Oak Ridge definitely does, they play Farragut and Maryville out of their region. That might explain their current success in the play-offs the last two years. Farragut plays D-B, Oak Ridge, and Riverdale ’09 & ’10. It would be a fairer comparison if you looked at the populations of East Tennessee compared to the Middle TN area.

Rutherford, Williamson, Davidson and Wilson counties have a combined population of 1.2 million. Too get an equal comparison in East Tennessee you have to combine the populations of Knox, Blount, Anderson, Sevier, Jefferson, Green, Hamblen, Sullivan and Washington counties. 6A teams: Oak Ridge, Maryville and Farragut have held their own against 7AAA teams. D-B beat a Farragut team that beat Oak Ridge. Farragut hung in there with Blackman and Oak Ridge did pretty well against Riverdale last year. As a region in all classes: Greenville, Alcoa, Webb, Fulton, A-E, Powell, Knox West, Mo-West, Anderson Co. and as of late Lenior City have faired well in the play-offs. Half of all the State titles are currently held by East Tennessee teams. Two others (Signal Mtn and South Pitt) are more East then Middle.

Now, Maryville is Maryville, it is unfair to compare teams and regions as to how well they do against my Rebels. I would never want to evaluate Oak Ridge, D-B, Farragut, or Riverdale based on their performance against Maryville, unless they beat them, then you know you are good!

Edited by oldhick76

thumb[1].gif

Now, the issue of 7AAA being the toughest region in the state, especially the feeling that the East is weak, overall. I would agree if you only look at the individual regions. Regions 1, 2, and 3 are top heavy! D-B, Science Hill, and Oak Ridge are going to make the play-offs whether they deserve to be there or not! Do they try to beef up their schedules without having to drive 200 miles west? Oak Ridge definitely does, they play Farragut and Maryville out of their region. That might explain their current success in the play-offs the last two years. Farragut plays D-B, Oak Ridge, and Riverdale ’09 & ’10. It would be a fairer comparison if you looked at the populations of East Tennessee compared to the Middle TN area.

Rutherford, Williamson, Davidson and Wilson counties have a combined population of 1.2 million. Too get an equal comparison in East Tennessee you have to combine the populations of Knox, Blount, Anderson, Sevier, Jefferson, Green, Hamblen, Sullivan and Washington counties. 6A teams: Oak Ridge, Maryville and Farragut have held their own against 7AAA teams. D-B beat a Farragut team that beat Oak Ridge. Farragut hung in there with Blackman and Oak Ridge did pretty well against Riverdale last year. As a region in all classes: Greenville, Alcoa, Webb, Fulton, A-E, Powell, Knox West, Mo-West, Anderson Co. and as of late Lenior City have faired well in the play-offs. Half of all the State titles are currently held by East Tennessee teams. Two others (Signal Mtn and South Pitt) are more East then Middle.

Now, Maryville is Maryville, it is unfair to compare teams and regions as to how well they do against my Rebels. I would never want to evaluate Oak Ridge, D-B, Farragut, or Riverdale based on their performance against Maryville, unless they beat them, then you know you are good!

thumb[1].gif Well put.