7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

MHS82 -

on the boards...I'll say higher. in the stands...I'll go lower, depending on how hyped up I am on the java! It won't matter though, DAWG JR usually has me beat! I'll probably try to get there around 6:00-6:15. Hard for me to get away from work, get home, then back over to the stadium much quicker than that. I'm guessing the mafia will be out in full force from here on out!

WELL THATS JUST FAVORITISM THERE!!!!but thanks for the kind words

2 things...1. I was the RIVERDALE fan that wishes you was still in 4A and again those who said we would drill maryville most of which were not RIVERDALE fans ith the exception of years 01 and 04. even though we went to state from 2000-2004 01 and 04 were the only legit state championship teams...the others to be honest with you while they were good teams they were young and not quite ready but our coaching staff was soooo STRONG that we was able to overcome it and to be honest in several of those years many of us were surprised to make it to that state championship game so most of the trash talk you get isnt from RIVERDALE FANS in fact read this thread alone on 27 pages and see how many RIVERDALE fans make any type of comment demeaning our opponent or next opponent

2...mykids dad what 2 players on offense was missing for a half in the second game?...mather went out right at the end of the 3rd QTR and we had a 10 point lead I find it ammussing that you found any excuse for losing that game other than the fact that on THAT friday night we was better the end. the first time we beat you this year i will grant you that we took your star out on the first series andthat could have contributed to the loss but the second game you never stopped us we punted 1 time all night

Mathers played a total of 4 plays in the second half. Jalen Smith concussion in the first half never stepped on the field until the hand shake at the end of the game. And I do agree about our defense, just could not get yall off the field. I think the third and 15 play summed up the whole year for us. No presure on the QB all day to wait for the tight end to get open twenty yards down the field. The defender jumps too early and misses the ball by inches. Catch is made plus thirty additional yards gained after the catch. Few plays later...ballgame. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Before yall get too puffy, (oops too late) I will say this about that. Speaking of a tough district. Blackman's season has been ended by another Region 7AAA team the last three years. Riverdale, Smyrner and Riverdale. IMO two years ago and last years Blackman team had State Championship talent but lacked in some other areas. This year not so much. Bottom line is we got about as far as the talent could take us. As for population numbers Region 7AAA is a all Rutherford County Region and 4 of the teams come from Murfreesboro alone. Blackman (northwest)is a splinter school from Riverdale (southwest) and Siegal (northeast) is a splinter from Oakland (southeast). Plus add Eagleville, Smyrner, Lavergne (Smyrner and Lavergne are 5 to 7 Miles apart)and MTCS and you have a total of 8 Football programs supported by one county and all but Lavergne have experienced success. And without open zoneing! So is it easier to be a big fish is a small pond or a small fish in a big pond. IDK but you don't have to beat all 32 Teams to win a State Title 5 will do it. If you win your district the first 2 or 3 are usually walk overs. By that time there are only 16 or 8 teams left and of those 5 may good enough to beat you. Bottom line is win your district and you will have to beat 2 or maybe 3 good teams to win it all. Maybe 1 in the quarters, 1 in the semis and the last one.

Win your District, Beat Two Good Teams and You are a State Champion!

JMO. :popcorneater:

good grief, you must have failed geography. Oakland is NE, Siegel is NW R'dale is SE and blackdumb is SW. Eagleville is an open zone school. Oh and Region 7AAA is out west somewhere around Memphis and does not even exist in TSSAA AAA football! :flower:

good grief, you must have failed geography. Oakland is NE, Siegel is NW R'dale is SE and blackdumb is SW. Eagleville is an open zone school. Oh and Region 7AAA is out west somewhere around Memphis and does not even exist in TSSAA AAA football! :flower:

Sorry, numb nuts go down to the mapco or walmart which ever is closer (both I'm sure you will be in often this weekend) and steal a map! As for Eagleville I'm not really sure, but I do know I don't care. :popcorneater:

LOD that is incorrect. Eagleville, Central Magnet (football co-ops with E'ville) and Oakland (with the IB program) are open to anyone in the county. Central and Oakland being merit based.

Your right I am wrong. I forgot the Central is a 'Magnet' now instead of a 'Middle' and that Oakland FINALLY got their IB program. It still is not a pure open zone system though as kids have to go to the schools they are assigned to and cannot just PAY to go to a CITY school vs a County School.

LOD that is incorrect. Eagleville, Central Magnet (football co-ops with E'ville) and Oakland (with the IB program) are open to anyone in the county. Central and Oakland being merit based.

THATS funny with oakland being merit based with the IB program...in unless the merit is an athlete but since they are open zoned anyway it doesnt matter

Im really curious as to what Maryville has to do to earn respect from some people? Seriously for year all we heard was "Oh thats 4A football, come play with the big boys" So then they moved up to 6A with the "Big Boys" and clearly showed they could compete. Then we got the "Oh you cant play with this Region or that Region" and last time I checked....Maryville has wrecked every "super region" that said couldnt play with them. Im pretty sure they're the best public HS football team in the state. I would probably take them against private schools as well....They might be the best college team in Tennessee as well...Vandy MIGHT give them a game....Heck, I if they play the Titans after the state title game, will that earn them any respect from anyone or do they have to play the Packers first?

Im really curious as to what Maryville has to do to earn respect from some people? Seriously for year all we heard was "Oh thats 4A football, come play with the big boys" So then they moved up to 6A with the "Big Boys" and clearly showed they could compete. Then we got the "Oh you cant play with this Region or that Region" and last time I checked....Maryville has wrecked every "super region" that said couldnt play with them. Im pretty sure they're the best public HS football team in the state. I would probably take them against private schools as well....They might be the best college team in Tennessee as well...Vandy MIGHT give them a game....Heck, I if they play the Titans after the state title game, will that earn them any respect from anyone or do they have to play the Packers first?

Beat the 95' Nebraska Cornhuskers, the 85' Chicago Bears, and the 07' New England Patriots. Then the respect will come. Until then, quit complaining. :bored:

who is disrespecting yall?