7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

Before yall get too puffy, (oops too late) I will say this about that. Speaking of a tough district. Blackman's season has been ended by another Region 7AAA team the last three years. Riverdale, Smyrner and Riverdale. IMO two years ago and last years Blackman team had State Championship talent but lacked in some other areas. This year not so much. Bottom line is we got about as far as the talent could take us. As for population numbers Region 7AAA is a all Rutherford County Region and 4 of the teams come from Murfreesboro alone. Blackman (northwest)is a splinter school from Riverdale (southwest) and Siegal (northeast) is a splinter from Oakland (southeast). Plus add Eagleville, Smyrner, Lavergne (Smyrner and Lavergne are 5 to 7 Miles apart)and MTCS and you have a total of 8 Football programs supported by one county and all but Lavergne have experienced success. And without open zoneing! So is it easier to be a big fish is a small pond or a small fish in a big pond. IDK but you don't have to beat all 32 Teams to win a State Title 5 will do it. If you win your district the first 2 or 3 are usually walk overs. By that time there are only 16 or 8 teams left and of those 5 may good enough to beat you. Bottom line is win your district and you will have to beat 2 or maybe 3 good teams to win it all. Maybe 1 in the quarters, 1 in the semis and the last one.

Win your District, Beat Two Good Teams and You are a State Champion!

JMO. :popcorneater:

Before yall get too puffy, (oops too late) I will say this about that. Speaking of a tough district. Blackman's season has been ended by another Region 7AAA team the last three years. Riverdale, Smyrner and Riverdale. IMO two years ago and last years Blackman team had State Championship talent but lacked in some other areas. This year not so much. Bottom line is we got about as far as the talent could take us. As for population numbers Region 7AAA is a all Rutherford County Region and 4 of the teams come from Murfreesboro alone. Blackman (northwest)is a splinter school from Riverdale (southwest) and Siegal (northeast) is a splinter from Oakland (southeast). Plus add Eagleville, Smyrner, Lavergne (Smyrner and Lavergne are 5 to 7 Miles apart)and MTCS and you have a total of 8 Football programs supported by one county and all but Lavergne have experienced success. And without open zoneing! So is it easier to be a big fish is a small pond or a small fish in a big pond. IDK but you don't have to beat all 32 Teams to win a State Title 5 will do it. If you win your district the first 2 or 3 are usually walk overs. By that time there are only 16 or 8 teams left and of those 5 may good enough to beat you. Bottom line is win your district and you will have to beat 2 or maybe 3 good teams to win it all. Maybe 1 in the quarters, 1 in the semis and the last one.

I guess when your team has 0 .... that's a BIG ZERO .... State Championships to your credit , you have to come up with inventive ways to make a team that has 13 State Championships look bad . You keep making your excuses and keep hanging onto your 7AAA is the greatest District in the land all you want , at least we have a good reason to get " PUFFY " ... unlike you and a lot of your Puffy 7AAA buddies who want to Puff up over your District . Enjoy shining up your 7th Greatest District in the land Trophy , we'll stick to shining up our Gold Footballs .

I guess when your team has 0 .... that's a BIG ZERO .... State Championships to your credit , you have to come up with inventive ways to make a team that has 13 State Championships look bad . You keep making your excuses and keep hanging onto your 7AAA is the greatest District in the land all you want , at least we have a good reason to get " PUFFY " ... unlike you and a lot of your Puffy 7AAA buddies who want to Puff up over your District . Enjoy shining up your 7th Greatest District in the land Trophy , we'll stick to shining up our Gold Footballs .

see this is what i was talking about in an earlier thread...a fan from another team justifies them not being there by our district being tough and the east TN teams takes it out on RIVERDALE...i did like it better when Maryville was in 4A and we didnt have to deal with them...i ASSURE you that oak ridge has our attention and the football team and us fans are fired up for OR as we are not worried about maryville yet we are worried about OR...

and i never saw a trophy for being a tough distric tso can I please have another one of those gold balls? weve been trying to get that 5th one for 7 years now

I am going to type real slow so even you can understand it.

How many tough teams in the playoffs have yall played this year?

Thanks for making my point!

If your the big fish and you play a bunch of teams out in the middle of nowhere you are going to experience success! Why does UT usually have success in November? Because the competition sucks!

I will also add that my kids will be at Blackman for a total of 5 years between them. What happened before that I really don't care about and I would guess that I will care about as much after the kids I know have moved on. I don't spend alot of time on the past unlike some. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Not sure I see the significance of Blackmon being ousted from the playoffs by a district opponent. That often happens. We eliminated Bearden and Farragut both last year and Bearden again this year. And while on the subject of Farragut they came very close to taking Blackmon out two weeks ago, right? We handled Riverdale pretty well two years ago. Not saying 7-AAA is not a tough region. Likely not as tough as some say, but yes I say it is a very strong one. You seem to insinuate we have it easy every year while 7-AAA is in the NFL. Sorry, just do not see the disparity being that big. BTW although Oak Ridge is not in our region/district we played them twice last year, after they beat a 7AAA team on the road in the quarters. You can proclaim our weak opponents and I cannot scientificially dispute it, but I think the fact that the Blackmon team that keeps getting brought up beat Farragut by a field goal shows the regions are not worlds apart. JMO If our competition was so weak leading up to the quarters seems to me we would get a little overwhelmed by the time the "real" competition rolled in but that has not been a problem.

And to the riverdale fan who wishes we were back in 4A. That is really kind of funny. MANY Riverdale fans kept talking of how they woiuld blow us out if we were to play and accused us of hiding in 4A. Just no pleasing some folks I guess. I don't "puffy" over high school football. But let's be honest here, we were criticized for our classification while we were in 4A and now we have moved up and more than proven we can "compete" and our schedule still remains an issue for some. The pattern here is obvious, no?

Edited by mhs

I am going to type real slow so even you can understand it.

How many tough teams in the playoffs have yall played this year?

Thanks for making my point!

If your the big fish and you play a bunch of teams out in the middle of nowhere you are going to experience success! Why does UT usually have sucess in November? Because the competition sucks! :popcorneater:

So......The only reason Maryville has success is they play a bunch of teams from the middle of nowhere....Their competition (especially in the play-offs) sucks.....WOW! I'm pretty sure that Smyrna appreciates you saying that they suck. I bet that White Station appreciates you saying that they suck (wait....that must mean that Maryville sucks cuz White Station beat them).

I think that Maryville will be shaking in their shoes if Riverdale beats Oak Ridge, and if Maryville is lucky enough to advance thru the sucky teams on their side of the bracket. Man, if a 7AAA school gets to come show their muscles in the Black Hole.....maybe GQ and staff should just call the TSSAA and forfiet. There is just no way that they can muster up the courage to face the mighty 7AAA!

So......The only reason Maryville has success is they play a bunch of teams from the middle of nowhere....Their competition (especially in the play-offs) sucks.....WOW! I'm pretty sure that Smyrna appreciates you saying that they suck. I bet that White Station appreciates you saying that they suck (wait....that must mean that Maryville sucks cuz White Station beat them).

I think that Maryville will be shaking in their shoes if Riverdale beats Oak Ridge, and if Maryville is lucky enough to advance thru the sucky teams on their side of the bracket. Man, if a 7AAA school gets to come show their muscles in the Black Hole.....maybe GQ and staff should just call the TSSAA and forfiet. There is just no way that they can muster up the courage to face the mighty 7AAA!

Go back and read my origional post. I never said "the only reason" thats just guilt surfacing. My point is you win two games against good teams and your State Champs. That's all I'm saying. I am not one of those District 7AAA homers. I could care less about Smyrner, Riverdale, Oakland, Lavergne or Siegal. It's like the NCAA basketball tournament, get a high seed and you can pretty much count on atleast the sweet 16. Beat two or three good teams and your National Champions. Out of 32 Teams that qualified for the 6a playoffs maybe 6 had a realistic chance of winning the Gold Ball that is 18% and you will only play maybe two. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Stars, seems crazy to me that Murvil isn't packing the Black Hole for these playoff games. I know it was packed when we came down to play. What do you think is going on there? Do you think maybe the fans didn't come because they knew you would cream Science Hill? Those games are fun too. What do you think the deal is. Has anybody told Mike Strange it's Murvul, not Merry-ville?

My point is you win two games against good teams and your State Champs. That's all I'm saying.

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. The second round, and especially third round games of the playoffs are NOT cakewalks. You're making winning a state championship sound much easier than it really is. In a sport as unpredictable as high school football, winning five games in a row against decent to great teams is a huge accomplishment.

It's not as simple as crusing to the semi-finals and beating two good teams. You play good teams all through the playoffs. Are you saying that Riverdale's second round victory against Blackman was a given victory for the Warriors? By your previous post, that's what you're implying. How about their quarterfinal match-up with Oak Ridge? Another easy win, just like last year, right?