South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

I tried to tell some of you other fans all week that it wouldn't be easy. No one ever believes me. You start comparing scores and bad things can happen. SP kids start comparing Grace score vs Greenback and then BOOM, look what you got. IT IS A GAME with 16-17-18 year old kids. You can't always compare scores. Any win is a good win this time of year. Good adjustments at halftime tonight.

your right,but you have said the same thing every game.........you got one right all year :unsure:

Wow! 28-17?!? Really ?!? So much for that...Boy this team is tough to put a finger on! They squeak by Greenback!! Where has the team gone from the last few weeks of the season??? Sounds like they just ran it down our mouth all game and we made a few stops when we had too...This is a recipe for disaster and we likely are just not what we thought we were....I know what we have but this game just doesn't add up....After last nights score and reading more garbage on here about egos this Train looks like its about to hit a wall and explode from the inside....This is ridiculous...Coaches need to step up to the plate and start punishing guys and making people run their butts off after practices.....This season is slipping and it's looking like 2008 all over again...I guess it's just impossible for the coaches and the players to put in the kinda work needed to win it all two years straight

EYE garuntee ewe if we play like that again then that 6 and six team from Unions city spain mite steel another gold trophee from us.And eye aint joking!

Plans have been voted on and are in place to build us a new school in the next few months,hopefully the will update some of the football facilities as well,yes it is a thorn in our side sometimes but actually you are the very first person to be so adament about how bad this was.You should see the visiting locker room terrible.We as parents give our time and as much money as we can but we are not a wealthy community,we do the best with what we have and try to make your stay the best we can.The other Loudon county schools have very nice facilities even the middle schools,the school board wished we would just get swallowed up by one of them earhtquakes,haha.Well head to Coalfield next week and give em a good one!Most of of GB fans are rooting you on rest of the yr.I am going ahead a saying a three score win for Pitt next week.

Don't waste any time defending the grounds to this clown. GB field is what it is. This is the best it's looked in years and while it may not be apparent to our elitist snob critiquer, a lot of time and effort went into sprucing the place up. The frigggin school was dedicated by FDR, and the football field is only about 60 years old, all in all I'd say given what we have to work with, not bad. The field itself has been well maintained. The bleachers are small for both sides and dated, but they work. I haven't heard anyone whine like this about the place before. Several years ago the locker rooms were an absolute discrace and I would have accepted that critisism as valid but the football field is pretty good. I've seen much worse and didnt' feel the need to call out the home team on some message board.

Don't waste any time defending the grounds to this clown. GB field is what it is. This is the best it's looked in years and while it may not be apparent to our elitist snob critiquer, a lot of time and effort went into sprucing the place up. The frigggin school was dedicated by FDR, and the football field is only about 60 years old, all in all I'd say given what we have to work with, not bad. The field itself has been well maintained. The bleachers are small for both sides and dated, but they work. I haven't heard anyone whine like this about the place before. Several years ago the locker rooms were an absolute discrace and I would have accepted that critisism as valid but the football field is pretty good. I've seen much worse and didnt' feel the need to call out the home team on some message board.

The field and grass were great. I was referring to allowing trucks to back up to the fence on visitors side and intentionally trying to block your guest from having anywhere to even stand. Mixing fans that way can lead to bad blood between programs. Traffic passing so close to the stands is dangerous for young people. Fans with kids better keep little ones very close. I saw a lot of near confrontations between grown men and school kids that were just trying to cheer on their team and the men in the truck beds taking exception to it. Standing over kids and yelling down at them is belittling to a young person. What do those men expect our kids to do? Even standing right behind and over our team yelling insults at them. It just came across as bullying to me.Those things can be corrected without money, makes me think you just don't want to admit it. to me it looked as if some of your fans enjoy the confrontations as much as the sport going on the field.We won't treat your kids that way if you visit us. Edited by pegleg

The field and grass were great. I was referring to allowing trucks to back up to the fence on visitors side and intentionally trying to block your guest from having anywhere to even stand. Mixing fans that way can lead to bad blood between programs. Traffic passing so close to the stands is dangerous for young people. Fans with kids better keep little ones very close. I saw a lot of near confrontations between grown men and school kids that were just trying to cheer on their team and the men in the truck beds taking exception to it. What do they expect our kids to do?Those things can be corrected without money, makes me think you just don't want to admit it. Seems to me like some of your fans enjoy the confrontations as much as the sport going on the field.

Thats Podunk right there! Lol redneck doesn't even do it justice and sounds like something you only heard about during the late 80's and early 90's....That's a little over the top and extreme

• Upvote 1

The field and grass were great. I was referring to allowing trucks to back up to the fence on visitors side and intentionally trying to block your guest from having anywhere to even stand. Mixing fans that way can lead to bad blood between programs. Traffic passing so close to the stands is dangerous for young people. Fans with kids better keep little ones very close. I saw a lot of near confrontations between grown men and school kids that were just trying to cheer on their team and the men in the truck beds taking exception to it. What do they expect our kids to do?Those things can be corrected without money, makes me think you just don't want to admit it. Seems to me like some of your fans enjoy the confrontations as much as the sport going on the field.

you guys are the first to ever complain about our trucks, get over it , you guys knew comin in to our place thats what we do and have always done, if thats all you got to critize about you got problems and must have missed a heck of a game on the field instead your to worried bout the trucks, if you couldnt handle that type of atmosphere you shouldnt have came. Thats just small town football at its best . People like you just want something to complain about. The way I look at it is there was two really good teams that had an all out war last night against each other and played a heck of a game. Both teams represented there communities proud

Wow! 28-17?!? Really ?!? So much for that...Boy this team is tough to put a finger on! They squeak by Greenback!! Where has the team gone from the last few weeks of the season??? Sounds like they just ran it down our mouth all game and we made a few stops when we had too...This is a recipe for disaster and we likely are just not what we thought we were....I know what we have but this game just doesn't add up....After last nights score and reading more garbage on here about egos this Train looks like its about to hit a wall and explode from the inside....This is ridiculous...Coaches need to step up to the plate and start punishing guys and making people run their butts off after practices.....This season is slipping and it's looking like 2008 all over again...I guess it's just impossible for the coaches and the players to put in the kinda work needed to win it all two years straight

SLIPPING?You won the game!What do you expect Greeback has alot of tradition you all would not have been the first really good team to come into GB and get beat.There was alot of crap started by your coach and some key players calling our coaches and kids out,did you not expect us to have enough pride to come out and stand toe to toe,these kids work as hard or harder than any other team in 1A,we have to we dont have a big base to pull from.As i said earlier in talking to your coaches they knew we would not be easy to beat,one of them actually made the comment we were as physically strong as some of the bigger teams you all have played,thats a testimony for our off season workouts in the weight room.As for the GCA game we did not play very well left 21 points on the field,are they 40 pts better than us NO!But they played a flawless game against us(one of the best teams to come to Greenback in a very long time).just look at oneida,oliver springs and rockwood,rockwood almost knocked off boyd,OS and Oneida are playing to see who goes to the semis in 2A,we were alot better than both those teams and they are still playing.Well time for the weight room again!Good luck guys.Having to edit because i just read the posts about the fans behind your team,i will agree with you all on this i personally do not like opposing fans on or behind the visiting team it is a recipe for altercations.That being said their is nothing wrong with the pickups when they are in the right place,i love that part of our home field and hope that never changes.I will always remind me of my mother who didnt like setting in the stands and wasnt physically able to stand and watch,but i always drove dads pickup to the game so she could come watch me play.The atmosphere is awesome during a game like last night!

Edited by orngnblk

you guys are the first to ever complain about our trucks, get over it , you guys knew comin in to our place thats what we do and have always done, if thats all you got to critize about you got problems and must have missed a heck of a game on the field instead your to worried bout the trucks, if you couldnt handle that type of atmosphere you shouldnt have came. Thats just small town football at its best . People like you just want something to complain about. The way I look at it is there was two really good teams that had an all out war last night against each other and played a heck of a game. Both teams represented there communities proud

That's not small town football as we know it. That's redneck bullying.You come to "The Pitt" and we will show you civilized small town football. The way you are defending it, I'm sure you were standing in a truck yelling at 17 year old boys and little girls.

First - congrats to the Pirates. We won. Period. A lot of our fans get discouraged if we don't win by 40 points, but sometimes that happens. Hopefully, this was a wake-up call to our boys. If you want to win by 40 points you're going to have to play a little better.

Second - I agree about the tailgaiting - it's a certain recipe for trouble.

Third - I agree that there seem to be a few egos on our team that need to be checked. There's nothing wrong with ego, but it needs to stay on the bus, not on the field. On the field ego needs to become drive. I think I saw some ego give way to drive in the late second quarter.

Fourth - I got to meet jackinthebox. Your OK, and your son is the real deal. If he keeps that up next year he'll be playing on Saturday's somewhere.

That's not small town football as we know it. That's redneck bullying.You come to "The Pitt" and we will show you civilized small town football. The way you are defending it, I'm sure you were standing in a truck yelling at 17 year old boys and little girls.

If it was that bad you should have done something about at the game and not on coacht :twisted:

I didn't come simply because I don't think Greenback is good enough to ask off work! If that's all SP has got left in the Train then they won't be playing much longer....Fans in trucks behind the players is trash any way you put it....Stuff like that doesn't happen many places anymore and most would consider it bush league...That being said it sounded like a great a game but Im not sad I missed it

SLIPPING?You won the game!What do you expect Greeback has alot of tradition you all would not have been the first really good team to come into GB and get beat.There was alot of crap started by your coach and some key players calling our coaches and kids out,did you not expect us to have enough pride to come out and stand toe to toe,these kids work as hard or harder than any other team in 1A,we have to we dont have a big base to pull from.As i said earlier in talking to your coaches they knew we would not be easy to beat,one of them actually made the comment we were as physically strong as some of the bigger teams you all have played,thats a testimony for our off season workouts in the weight room.As for the GCA game we did not play very well left 21 points on the field,are they 40 pts better than us NO!But they played a flawless game against us(one of the best teams to come to Greenback in a very long time).just look at oneida,oliver springs and rockwood,rockwood almost knocked off boyd,OS and Oneida are playing to see who goes to the semis in 2A,we were alot better than both those teams and they are still playing.Well time for the weight room again!Good luck guys.Having to edit because i just read the posts about the fans behind your team,i will agree with you all on this i personally do not like opposing fans on or behind the visiting team it is a recipe for altercations.That being said their is nothing wrong with the pickups when they are in the right place,i love that part of our home field and hope that never changes.I will always remind me of my mother who didnt like setting in the stands and wasnt physically able to stand and watch,but i always drove dads pickup to the game so she could come watch me play.The atmosphere is awesome during a game like last night!

Yes slipping....That game wasn't up to par and I haven't even seen film but I know that Greenback shouldn't have been as stiff as a challenge as that no matter how hard you guys worked.....SP shouldve overwelmed GBack speed wise but that obviously didn't happen....Congrats on a hard fought game as it sounds like you are behind your team....Enjoy basketball