South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

Sportman you are going to make this Ridge man real mad when he sees this and he is going to tell those Greenback boys about this mess. If you get us beat because of this, Grider will be real mad at you. I garuntee you those Greenback boys are good or they would not have won 9 games. Grider got beat twice this season and that Ridge man got beat only once. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, I don't think Grider cares if that Ridge man is mad or not. Here's what Vic thought about all this mess 11 months ago.

“There are a couple of teams that have either backed out of playing us or their coach has lied to my face about not having open dates,†said Grider, whose program has played just one nondistrict 1A opponent in the last 10 years. “So we’re making a policy to not play those schools in any other sport beginning right now. We won’t play them in the basketball games we were scheduled to, and we won’t keep them on our baseball or softball schedules, either.

“It’s fine for them to beat us by 30 points in basketball, and we’re just supposed to smile and take it. But they won’t play us in football. How do you expect your program to ever get better if you don’t play good competition your own size? There’s a whole other district of teams our size in Chattanooga, but Boyd-Buchanan is the only one of them that will play us. The people dodging us better hope they don’t meet us in the playoffs, because I have a long memory.â€

Area’s elite have trouble scheduling

The point is these SP people love their pirate football!!! Lol 35 pages and nothing but dribble and yapping....I swear we will argue with ourselves if you Greenback people wont! By gosh we are the standard in 1A football since TC left and until somebody consistantly takes that crown that won't change!!! Get used to getting TrainTracked until then!

Btw SP will Mercy Rule Greenback!

Oh and just curiious do we "98" hold the record for most points scored against you guys at your place??? It was 77 in case u forgot

And then there is this guy that is trying to get the alternate thread By Raven going.

Maybe not. The other thread degenerated into 30+ pages of mostly drivel. That's the one that ought to be shut down. As for the game, I would love to see Greenback win, though if they do it would be a huge upset. Stranger things have happened, I just wouldn't bet too much on it. I am hoping for a good game and expect to see the GB coach pull out a few rabbits, possibly shut some of the SP loudmouths up at least for a little while. In the end , much as I hate to admit it, SP has more firepower at virtually every position and the game may well get away from the kee's.

Sportman you are going to make this Ridge man real mad when he sees this and he is going to tell those Greenback boys about this mess. If you get us beat because of this, Grider will be real mad at you. I garuntee you those Greenback boys are good or they would not have won 9 games. Grider got beat twice this season and that Ridge man got beat only once. You think im joking but im not.

same thing with

polk Co and Union City a couple of years ago

same thing with

polk Co and Union City a couple of years ago

Not really. Sportman is just the flip side of you. :lol: Besides, most of us new Polk County was good and had been a nemesis for us historically. The 3-4 aggressively applied will be adequate. Greenback isn't a Power I nor a veer team with a big, strong line.

Edited by rlh

It's ashame this thread contains so much crap. I just spent 30 minutes reading through nothing but a bunch of garbage. Can't everyone just talk about the game instead of everything else? Greenback has a long tradition of good small school football teams in Tennessee. They have had many good players through the years. The boys from South Pitt better be prepared and ready for this game or it will be over.

Let me ask you a question. Is Grider training our snapper this week to snap the ball better? I garuntee you our snapper had 5 bad snaps in that game Friday against those Grace boys. If we do this against this Ridge mans team, we could get beat and our season will be over. If our season is over, that means basketball will be starting. I hope this Ridge man is not reading this bunch of mess that sportman has posted today. If he is, then he will show his boys and they will get real mad. You think im joking but im not.

It's ashame this thread contains so much crap. I just spent 30 minutes reading through nothing but a bunch of garbage. Can't everyone just talk about the game instead of everything else? Greenback has a long tradition of good small school football teams in Tennessee. They have had many good players through the years. The boys from South Pitt better be prepared and ready for this game or it will be over.

I did my best to turn it around about ten pages ago, but to no avail.

Let me ask you a question. Is Grider training our snapper this week to snap the ball better? I garuntee you our snapper had 5 bad snaps in that game Friday against those Grace boys. If we do this against this Ridge mans team, we could get beat and our season will be over. If our season is over, that means basketball will be starting. I hope this Ridge man is not reading this bunch of mess that sportman has posted today. If he is, then he will show his boys and they will get real mad. You think im joking but im not.

I've done a lot of thinking, and I've come to the conclusion that Roy is either a preacher, a psychiatrist, or....a streetcar conductor.

Oh and just curiious do we "98" hold the record for most points scored against you guys at your place??? It was 77 in case u forgot

YES, can't forget watching Eddie Moore running wild(50yds to get 30) and the best I remember the score was SP 49 GHS 30 to start the 4th qtr...But in the end, we did score the most points on you until TC scored 42 and beat you in the semi-finals tho.

Edited by cherokean

Lets see if SP schedules us again after next year when you take another loss probably a whole lot worse too. Im just tired of SP cockyness whipping up on these small schools with 1/8 the talent that you all have. GCA beats them to we just dont act like we are supposed to be in 1a. Mark my words Grider will not reschedule GCA. Keep playing in 1a and beating all those small schools with talent alone.

Oh no! You're not a hater. Not you...no way, no how. I don't know why you are on a SP thread if not just to hate. So go ahead - I am sorry you have NO life now that your team can't continue in football. Hope to see you next year on a DRY field!!!