South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

About half way. There is 6 miles difference in Jasper and South Pittsburg. Jasper High is North west of Jasper and SPHS is on the south end of South Pittsburg. The schools are supposedly 8 miles apart.

Thank rlh, I was just curious. I'm guessing the higher percent go to MCHS. You guys probably get the better ball players. I bet it was visa versa back when MC was a powerhouse. I remember those days.

Kimbal Map

I did not miss those other players listed. My list, as noted, only went back to 85 and I was trying to list the tailbacks. Macho I guess was a hybrid. I did fail to list David.

Of significant note, David Jones and Jajuan Fennell were game captains for MTSU when they took on the Vols this past weekend.

Right now you are the champs,and will until someone beats you,ever body knows that.Greenback is not in your league of powerful players,but they are not trembling because the Champs coming here Friday evening,they will do their best.Greenback's head coach has done a great job with his team and his call not to play SP in the regular season was the right call and I think everyone at Greenback would agree.I hate to bring up Alcoa,I did read what Coach Grider said about playing Alcoa,and I also agree with what he said.This stuff would die down if the SP fans would quit threating GB with this powerful team.I don't even know what red means.If being 73 years old and going to a one room school house in the Smoky Mountains and working since I was 14, 8 years of it in the military where they taught me how to get drunk and talk dirty etc,haven't done the later since 1964,have one son and two Grandsons that played football at Greenback,the two grandsons also was and is on the wrestling team ,my other grandson is in colledge right now.This son and his son has never been in any trouble,if what I just told you makes me a redneck then I'm proud as h-ll to be a redneck.Please quit bragging about how big and bad your team is,no one cares.Just come on up Friday enjoy the game and watch the best team win.

What was the Smokey Mountains like back then compared to now? Did any bears every come by your window as your teacher was teaching 2+2=4. It sounds like im joking but im not. Gatlinburg prob wasnt as busy back in those days. It has turned into a nice place. Nothing like going to Gatlinburg & looking at the Chrismas lights while sipping some hot chocolate. PowerP knows what I am talking about.

I did not miss those other players listed. My list, as noted, only went back to 85 and I was trying to list the tailbacks. Macho I guess was a hybrid. I did fail to list David.

Of significant note, David Jones and Jajuan Fennell were game captains for MTSU when they took on the Vols this past weekend.

I didnt see David, but Fennell was active on the D. Made some good tackles. Its good to see them doing good.

What was the Smokey Mountains like back then compared to now? Did any bears every come by your window as your teacher was teaching 2+2=4. It sounds like im joking but im not. Gatlinburg prob wasnt as busy back in those days. It has turned into a nice place. Nothing like going to Gatlinburg & looking at the Chrismas lights while sipping some hot chocolate. PowerP knows what I am talking about.

I was in the Cosby area just inside Sevier County,in 1955 when I left there,Gatlinburg had very little tourist trade as compared to now,Pigeon Forge none.There was no game to be found because us rednecks was trying to find something to eat.In the fall the bears that ventured out of the park never went back who ever the lucky shooter was he shared his kill with his neighbors.My brother once said we don't know how bad we have it ,until we see some on with more.Going to a one room school was a good expierence,no plumbling ,no electricity.Teachers did not spare the rod.That school building had a Methodiet church in the other wing of the school.The Church is still there and the name is Webb Creek Methodist Church in Pittman center Tn.I consider myself as a road scholar of hard knocks with a Redneck GED highschool diploma.I have had alot better life than a lot of people,even if I did grow up in an unpainted 2 room cabin.

I was in the Cosby area just inside Sevier County,in 1955 when I left there,Gatlinburg had very little tourist trade as compared to now,Pigeon Forge none.There was no game to be found because us rednecks was trying to find something to eat.In the fall the bears that ventured out of the park never went back who ever the lucky shooter was he shared his kill with his neighbors.My brother once said we don't know how bad we have it ,until we see some on with more.Going to a one room school was a good expierence,no plumbling ,no electricity.Teachers did not spare the rod.That school building had a Methodiet church in the other wing of the school.The Church is still there and the name is Webb Creek Methodist Church in Pittman center Tn.I consider myself as a road scholar of hard knocks with a Redneck GED highschool diploma.I have had alot better life than a lot of people,even if I did grow up in an unpainted 2 room cabin.

That sounds a lot like Johnny Cash and "A Boy Named Sue."

The point is these SP people love their pirate football!!! Lol 35 pages and nothing but dribble and yapping....I swear we will argue with ourselves if you Greenback people wont! By gosh we are the standard in 1A football since TC left and until somebody consistantly takes that crown that won't change!!! Get used to getting TrainTracked until then!

Btw SP will Mercy Rule Greenback!

Oh and just curiious do we "98" hold the record for most points scored against you guys at your place??? It was 77 in case u forgot

The point is these SP people love their pirate football!!! Lol 35 pages and nothing but dribble and yapping....I swear we will argue with ourselves if you Greenback people wont! By gosh we are the standard in 1A football since TC left and until somebody consistantly takes that crown that won't change!!! Get used to getting TrainTracked until then!

Btw SP will Mercy Rule Greenback!

Oh and just curiious do we "98" hold the record for most points scored against you guys at your place??? It was 77 in case u forgot

Nothing wrong with loving your football team.And I did notice you do argue with each other.Time to be nice and quit the bickering.My son graduated in 1984,after that I didn't pay any attention to GB football until my oldest grandson started playing in 2003 or 4.I would have to look up the record on the points,no doubt about it SP is the more powerful team,and the odds are stronly in your favor Friday night.I think GB can handle a loss much better than SP.enough said.

Nothing wrong with loving your football team.And I did notice you do argue with each other.Time to be nice and quit the bickering.My son graduated in 1984,after that I didn't pay any attention to GB football until my oldest grandson started playing in 2003 or 4.I would have to look up the record on the points,no doubt about it SP is the more powerful team,and the odds are stronly in your favor Friday night.I think GB can handle a loss much better than SP.enough said.

Yea I think your right GB is used to losing to sp so I believe they will handle it well friday and who cares about the population is in sp and all the bull everone is talking about on here no matter what you think about what class sp should be in or what kids went where there's nothing anyone on here can do about it so get ready for friday and talk about that game. Sp is going to surprise alot of these GB folks just wait you'll see make sure to get on here after the game and tell us we told you so goodluck in bb

OMG r these people in for it or what? I just told another SP fan I bet this site get's shutdown b4 the week is over. I guess bc they think there 9-1 they've done something. All I can say for GB is basketball season will begin next Monday!!!As O would say SEE YA!!!

Sportman you are going to make this Ridge man real mad when he sees this and he is going to tell those Greenback boys about this mess. If you get us beat because of this, Grider will be real mad at you. I garuntee you those Greenback boys are good or they would not have won 9 games. Grider got beat twice this season and that Ridge man got beat only once. You think im joking but im not.