50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oak Ridge
    • Cookeville

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Cats!I hope they dont have the same PA guy.I was so sick of hearing I CANT HEAR YOU over and over trying to get the Cookville fans going.I also remember one of the worst calls ever when they called pass int on Cville and moved the chains for Oak Ridge.All we had to do was take a knee 3 times but the cookville coach kept yelling at the ref and they moved the chains back and waved the flag.Just glad our d stopped em.

The field conditions will be fine. That has been blown out of proportion. As far as the same PA guy, yes i'm afraid he is still there. Very annoying and doesn't get

half of the kids names right. Hopefully he won't be there much longer. I'm looking forward to see how this game goes. I think it comes down to tackling. Cookeville has had trouble giving up a big play, but if they can come out and make oak ridge drive down the field instead of a two or three play drive I think this game is close.

Go Cats!I hope they dont have the same PA guy.I was so sick of hearing I CANT HEAR YOU over and over trying to get the Cookville fans going.I also remember one of the worst calls ever when they called pass int on Cville and moved the chains for Oak Ridge.All we had to do was take a knee 3 times but the cookville coach kept yelling at the ref and they moved the chains back and waved the flag.Just glad our d stopped em.

Yeah we heard that all night until the 4th when Bradley was coming back. Kinda drowned him out then. Worse thing was all my friends was calling and texting asking what was going on. Seem they put our radio guys right next to him and he drowned out the phone hookup to where no one could understand the radio announcers. Must have been jealous because we have radio coverage. :roflol:

I didn't mind him being a homer to a certain extent, but don't do the cheerleaders job from the PA seat.

SS, I heard that Cookeville had a sprinkler malfunction, the sprinklers came on and nobody could get them shut off. So, they just ran all night long.

Are you gonna have to take another medical? Tell your dad the game is in Cookeville. Tell him 40 West and take the 2nd Cookeville exit. We'll be there 6:00 central time.

alt58, I agree, cheerleading from the PA is not only annoying, it's got to be embarrassing for the home team. It probably annoys the home crowd as well. If I was told "make some noise" all night, it probably means we haven't had anything to cheer about.

Actually......it's against the TSSAA's rules for the PA announcer to cheer for one team or the other. The rules state that they are supposed to be nuetral over the speakers. I don't know how a lot of these announcers get away with it. I know the Oak Ridge PA man personally (I assume that Guy is still doing it, I haven't been to a game this year) and he always did a great job.

Driving from the boro to Knox last night and wanted to see what everyone on here has been talking about Ckvl field. Caught them with their snow making machine making snow. Looked like they had made about 8 " so far. Y'all better bring your snow boots. Go Blackman! I'tav for heisman.

Gonna bring my Nanuck of the North coat and pants just in case. Spent some time in Cookeville in the early 60's can't trust the weather there. Never rained on thursday afternoon during ROTC drill.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Bounder, Guy is still doing a great job. The worst PA man of all time has got to be the guy at Colombia. He is head cheerleader, play by play, and color analyst all at the same time. It sounds like one of those And1 basketball games if you've ever heard that. He never shuts up the whole game. He was reported to TSSAA more than once last year and they never did a thing about it.