Blackman at Riverdale

rollercoaster

Good game so far with riverdale getting lucky on a fumble lost and recovering it back in the redzone, they punched it in on a davenport run, matthers is the real deal, riverdale up 10 to 7 with 7 min to go in 2nd. What is funny is the coffee county kids that are standing behind riverdale student section, they are obvisouly pulling for blackman and disrespecting riverdale by shooting birds when the tomahawk chop and acting with no class, maybe they enjoy standing in the stands and not being in the playoffs, 63 points must of hurt their feelings last week.

NOT sure what we could have done to prevent scoring 63 last week most of our starters didnt play in the second half and none played in the 4th QTR and the clock started running non stop in the first half...you cant tel those kids that practice everyday that once they get in they cant play or score

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's time for a great game this friday night...

riverdale vs blackman...

and this time MR. MATHERS IS READY TO DRIVE THE TRAIN ALL NIGHT LONG!

these are two great teams with great players and great coaches...

but the bottom line is the I-TRAIN will not be stopped...

Blackman 42 Riverdale 28

ok i didnt see anything different from yall so what was in the playbook that yall didnt run

it's time for a great game this friday night...

riverdale vs blackman...

and this time MR. MATHERS IS READY TO DRIVE THE TRAIN ALL NIGHT LONG!

these are two great teams with great players and great coaches...

but the bottom line is the I-TRAIN will not be stopped...

Blackman 42 Riverdale 28

Mathers had 48 yards on 14 carries. Did not se that coming. Was he hurt? Or was Riverdale's defense that good? Congrats to the Warriors. Blackman you have nothing to be ashamed of. You had a great season as well.

ok i didnt see anything different from yall so what was in the playbook that yall didnt run

Yes, I kept waiting on them to pull out all the stuff they had been holding back.

Great game by the Warriors. The defense played OK in the first half and was just dominant in the second half. Both teams put together some really nice drives but Riverdale just put together a lot more.

Blackman is really very predictable when Mathers is in the game. They needed to mix it up some and try to create a little more space for Mathers. I don't think there was a single first down play that wasn't a hand off to Mathers. Riverdale's run defense is too good to be that predictable. Pass defense was much better tonight...even the successful plays that Blackman had were pretty well defnded.

Congrats to Blackman on a great year. The Blaze came in expecting to win and played very well in the first half.

Riverdale needs to get over this one in a hurry...next up is Oak Ridge and they too are on a roll.

Mathers had 48 yards on 14 carries. Did not se that coming. Was he hurt? Or was Riverdale's defense that good? Congrats to the Warriors. Blackman you have nothing to be ashamed of. You had a great season as well.

Mathers went out late in the 3d quarter....looked like the toe again. He was getting rocked pretty good by Riverdale's defense.

Mathers went out late in the 3d quarter....looked like the toe again. He was getting rocked pretty good by Riverdale's defense.

I hope for his sake that it is something that can be healed with time. Hopefully this is not something that will haunt him for a while. He has a bright future.

Congrats to you all tonight. Good win. Guess we'll be in the Boro next friday ... so let's get ready to rumble.

Like I said wings and adult beverages at Toots. Maybe frog legs too.

LOD I'll be looking for you.

We're coming baaaaack!!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder

Congrats to the Warriors. They were the better team. They have proved it all year and did so once again tonight. I knew Riverdale did not play well the 1st time we played and I had a feeling that would not happen again. In My opinion, 7aaa is a little down this year with Riverdale being the only team really capable of getting by Maryville. Siegel, Blackman, Oakland, and Smyrna were all really good teams capable of beating anybody but probably not capable of putting together a string of wins to get to the state championship. Riverdale is the 1 team that is capable. Blackmans problem all year has been defense and that was the case tonight. If you are going to go far in the playoffs , you need a good defense. Blackman has a very young defense starting 2 sophomore linebackers and several other juniors. Offensively we were a good enough team to go a long way.

Blackman did have some great seniors that I hate to see end their high school careers. Jalen Smith and Thahal May had great senior seasons and careers at cornerback and wide receiver. I believe Jales Smith is now the single season record holder for Blackman in receiving yards and maybe receptions to. Tyler Strickland had a great career at QB. Brant Luker was a very good safety. Riley Osborne was a leader at linebacker. Buffington, Singleton, and Dauscha had creat careers on the offensive and defensive lines. Jacob Irvine did a great job as our kicker. Itavius Mathers is simply the best high school running back I have ever had the pleasure of watching period. Hope I can continue to follow his career for a long time.

When you really look at how young this Blackman team was, it makes you feel good about the future. I remember last year, Riverdales defense was not that good but they were young. Next year defensive should be a strenght of this team. We will have to break in new quarterbacks, running backs, and wide receivers however.

Riverdales defense was that good tonight! a complete game from both sides of ball.

Congrats Riverdale!!!! I can not wait for you guys to blow past Oak Ridge so you can beat Maryville and show why the best football in the state is played in Rutherford County!!!!! Also shout out to still undefeated Eagleville HS our 1a representative from Rutherford!!