Columbia Academy (8-2) @ Eagleville (10-0)

I hope the boys from Eagleville win it, it'll be close. You should look at the quad 2 posts, apparently Gordonsville is the annointed per their fans. We'll see. Personally looking at the schedules I think the WC boys may carry the gold ball home this year. I'm figuring them and SP in title game although my heart is with the E'ville boys.

I have seen Gordonsville in 10 games this year and have watched some film on Eagleville from early in the season and late in the season. Based on what I have seen, Gordonsville has the advantage all the way around, especially up front on the offensive and defensive lines which, in my opinion is where games are won in the playoffs. Your offensive line will not keep our DL and linebackers out of your backfield. We have depth at running back and a true dual threat quarterback. We also have other skill people who can turn a 5 yard out in to a 40 yard+ gain. I respect Eagleville and their program and congragulate them on a wonderful season. With that being said, I believe Columbia Academy will win this Friday. I am basing all this on what I have seen, not just oppinionated thoughts and no grand annointment. I am a fan just like all of you. If you do win we look forward to hosting you at Turney Ford Field.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Gordonsville in 10 games this year and have watched some film on Eagleville from early in the season and late in the season. Based on what I have seen, Gordonsville has the advantage all the way around, especially up front on the offensive and defensive lines which, in my opinion is where games are won in the playoffs. Your offensive line will not keep our DL and linebackers out of your backfield. We have depth at running back and a true dual threat quarterback. We also have other skill people who can turn a 5 yard out in to a 40 yard+ gain. I respect Eagleville and their program and congragulate them on a wonderful season. With that being said, I believe Columbia Academy will win this Friday. I am basing all this on what I have seen, not just oppinionated thoughts and no grand annointment. I am a fan just like all of you. If you do win we look forward to hosting you at Turney Ford Field.

Ok Friday Night Lights, I think we all know that you look forward to hosting everyone at Turney Ford Field. Is your son #12 for Gordonsville? I figured the 12 was significant for something. Columbia Academy wins this game. Eagleville has had a good season for them 10-0 is something to be proud of.

Film doesn't always mean that much. I saw film on teams that I thought would beat us and people picked to beat us, but didn't. Emotions play a big part in games also and I believe we beat Columbia Academy and think the coaching staff will have them ready to play.

Ok Friday Night Lights, I think we all know that you look forward to hosting everyone at Turney Ford Field. Is your son #12 for Gordonsville? I figured the 12 was significant for something. Columbia Academy wins this game. Eagleville has had a good season for them 10-0 is something to be proud of.

Sorry, Mr. Ambassador, dont have a son playing. Actually, i messed up. If Eagleville wins we do have to travel there. Wow, I was up too late posting.

Film doesn't always mean that much. I saw film on teams that I thought would beat us and people picked to beat us, but didn't. Emotions play a big part in games also and I believe we beat Columbia Academy and think the coaching staff will have them ready to play.

True. However, its not like you have been watching Wayne County, Huntigndon, or G.V. on film much less Signal Mountain, Boyd Buchanon or GCA. :roflol:

But you haven't played them so your earlier comment about film not meaning much is moot.

Played Signal last year and got beat pretty good. Played them the year before and played them fairly tough. Attitude of a team can go along way in determining how your season goes and we might not be the fastest,biggest and most athletic , but having a never quit attitude has carried us along way this season. After we beat Columbia Academy we get to play G'ville at home. Go ahead and say something about them mercy ruling us.

Edited by Eeagles2010

I haven't seen either of these two teams play, but I hope to see one of them a week from Friday. I hope G'ville gets a win this Friday, so we can face one of them. I will not disrespect either team by making comparisons. 10-0 and 8-2 are good records. I am sure both teams have worked hard and will give their best on Friday. Best of luck, and may all the players be safe. Hope to see you soon.

I haven't been able to really keep up on what Eagleville does. I would say that they are the favorite due to the fact that they are 10-0 and have a home playoff game. I know that CA looked good last week against Huntland, but Huntland doesn't bring much to the table. How good is Eagleville and what kind of offense are they running these days? Back when I played they usually just ran a very basic I-formation and didn't do anything to crazy or special.