PoLk @ CaK

polkalumn01

We all Know that Alcoa isnt as good as they have been in the past, so I wouldnt think thats a signature win for your defense, not trying to take anything away from CAK because there a much improved team this yr. I look for this game to be a huge statement game for both teams . I think Them Polk Boys might be alittle to tough for CAK so im going to have to go with polk co on this one. Should be a great game , cant wait

it dont matter because alcoa is alcoa even if they are down they are still good and could beat most teams in tn. yea polk is tough but they are by no means even close to the team they was last year . i just hope polk can keep it close . this will be a hard hitting game or aleast they have not showed it to me. good luck to both teams

Edited by brad1st

Watching the Polk CaK game season I can see where most people get the thought they are finesse. While they do have a finesse style of offense they run u all have a misconception. Those boys took every single pyhsical blow from Polk last year and kept on ticking. They also laid some major blows themselves. They are VERY VERY underrated when it comes to physical play. I think Polk D overall last season was more suspect to the pass than this years D due because overall they are little more atheletic. But I also think we are not as physical on the D line and do not get no where near the pressure on quarterbacks we got last season. Like I said Polk will need a few breaks to pull this out. MUCH MUCH RESPECT FOR THEM CAK BOYS POLK HAS...

[/quote

yes they did and we respect that . not many could or did as cak did last year against polk much respect here also. :popcorneater:

I'm not sure what some of the other Polk fans are smoking, but I can assure you, most of us were at the CAK game last year and are well aware that they can be physical as well. I can't remember what receiver it was, but he took a beating, he went out two or three times, but came right back in and kept making plays. I was real impressed with their ability to take what we gave them and kept coming right at us.

And as far as Alcoa goes, good grief people, they lost to Maryville and Greeneville (defending state champs from last year - and probably this year as well) the other two losses were to CAK (one of the best teams in 3A) and Austin East - who will also be in the second round of playoffs. Yeah, they may not have the record that they have had in the past, but they can play with anyone in the state - ask Maryville.

Sorry for the rant, but it's very frustrating when people get on here and give no respect to other teams. Back when I played you kept your mouth shut and let your helmet and pads do the talking. As for the game, I agree with some of the other posters, for Polk to win they will have to play mistake free and keep the ball away from the potent CAK offense. They will have to create a few turnovers and control the clock. I'm not sure that they can do it, but that is why you play the game. Regardless of the results, I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

Edited by Knockemsoxoff

Being very close to the Polk County program I can assure you there is nothing but respect for the CAK Warriors. Last years game was one heck of a game. The game will be close Coach Davis and his defense will be strong as usual and the offense will try to keep long drives, chewing up the clock. If you notice that is simple and the same thing you always see its because it is. The hard hitting will be there from both teams the hits last year were great physical football. CAK may be to much offense for Polk to handle I hope I am wrong though.

I'm not sure what some of the other Polk fans are smoking, but I can assure you, most of us were at the CAK game last year and are well aware that they can be physical as well. I can't remember what receiver it was, but he took a beating, he went out two or three times, but came right back in and kept making plays. I was real impressed with their ability to take what we gave them and kept coming right at us.

And as far as Alcoa goes, good grief people, they lost to Maryville and Greeneville (defending state champs from last year - and probably this year as well) the other two

losses were to CAK (one of the best teams in 3A) and Austin East - who will also be in the second round of playoffs. Yeah, they may not have the record that they have had in the past, but they can play with anyone in the state - ask Maryville.

Sorry for the rant, but it's very frustrating when people get on here and give no respect to other teams. Back when I played you kept your mouth shut and let your helmet and pads do the talking. As for the game, I agree with some of the other posters, for Polk to win they will have to play

mistake free and keep the ball away from the potent CAK offense. They will have to create a few turnovers and control the clock. I'm not sure that they can do it, but that is why you play the game. Regardless of the results, I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

Great post!

I can promise you the real Polk fans have nothing but respect for Alcoa and CAK. SOme fans like to get on here and run that mouth but the fans that hace any clue about football know Alcoa and CAK and great teams. I for one wish we could play both in the regular season. IMO thats the only way you get better be playing teams that are better then you. I know are district is not that good but we do play better teams out of district play. I'm looking forward to coming up to CAK again and watching another great football game. Just hoping the Polk team that plays at home will show up friday night. Footballdad I didn't get the chance to meet you last year would like to meet you around halftime or before the game. Good luck to both teams and a injury free game.

And as far as Alcoa goes, good grief people, they lost to Maryville and Greeneville (defending state champs from last year - and probably this year as well) the other two losses were to CAK (one of the best teams in 3A) and Austin East - who will also be in the second round of playoffs. Yeah, they may not have the record that they have had in the past, but they can play with anyone in the state - ask Maryville.

Sorry for the rant, but it's very frustrating when people get on here and give no respect to other teams. Back when I played you kept your mouth shut and let your helmet and pads do the talking. As for the game, I agree with some of the other posters, for Polk to win they will have to play mistake free and keep the ball away from the potent CAK offense. They will have to create a few turnovers and control the clock. I'm not sure that they can do it, but that is why you play the game. Regardless of the results, I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

Thank you for recognizing this. I think people forget that Alcoa plays competition they don't have to but choose to in order to get better! We could have a better record but our boys want and need to step it up a notch during regular season to prepare for playoffs. Good Luck to both teams. Having battled many injuries this year, I hope you have an injury free game.

Agreed, good post, just like most of the others have been :thumb: NO doubt Polk laid the lumber last year but like you said CAK kept coming back for more. #12 was a beast to be playing safety, he would have been playing LB for almost every other team we saw last year. Thanks to the Wildcats we limped into the Alcoa game minus an outstanding receiver and a banged up QB, but true to character our boys still went out and laid it on the line but just came up a little short to the best team in TN. I watched the tape of last years game again last night, boy, what a thriller. I know this will be another bruising game. Polk will certainly challenge the new found confidence our defense has found. We were not very good defensively through the first half of the season, but slowly things started coming together and recently this unit has played well. But I'm not sure we can stop that big #39 enough times to keep Polk from chewing up the clock. I noticed in the film from last year that Polk actually threw the ball several times including a halfback pass. So that could be a factor as well. Also, I noticed CAK turned the ball over 3 times (INT) last year and one was in the end zone and I don't believe Polk turned it over at all. I know we can't have a negative 3 turnover ratio like that again and hope to win. Looking forward to a great game between 2 very good teams.

Footballdad I didn't get the chance to meet you last year would like to meet you around halftime or before the game. Good luck to both teams and a injury free game.

I would love to meet you Mr. Blaster7 and treat you to a grilled burger and some nanner puddn. Before the game would be best, I'm usually there early putting up the inflatable helmet and other odds-n-ends. If you are a plus member you can PM me and we can exchange phone #s. If not, give me a description and time and I will find you around the concession stand. :hungry: