PoLk @ CaK

polkalumn01

I would just as soon WCLE not broadcast the game after last week. Don't know if many Polk fans listened but the Cleveland station made some good add revenue broadcasting our game after Cleveland didnt make the playoffs and took some shots at us I personally didnt appreciate. Started off commenting that the officiating crew was out of Chattanooga and they felt that was a little close to be impartial and when Akins got leveled out of bounds past the get back line they questioned if he was out of bounds!! Trivia question was "who was the last team to beat the wildcats at Larry G Davis complex" of course the answer is the Bradley Bears. The worst was when they commented that their sideline reporter was dressed in a "nice Hardwick's Suit" and that "he is a little overdressed for Polk County and these folk may run him off". At half time instead of interviewing a Polk County representative about things going on here I believe they interviewed Cleveland baseball coach about the outlook for their upcoming season. A couple of weeks ago in their postgame Jeff Cate let it be known Polk would be "one and done" in the playoffs. How many Bradley County Teams are left? Answer 0. Coach Carrol's tune changed a lot in the second half when our numbers started to wear down an undermanned Kingston team that pushed us around until they started to run out of steam in the second half. Got a lot more compliments on staying with the game plan then.

Now maybe I am being a little thin skinned about this but when a station wants to "do you a favor and broadcast your game" and make some good add revenue from Benton Shooter's and Massengill Tire and public officials that buy add spots the least you can do is not take cheap shots at the people your making money off of. Would like to know if anyone else felt the same way?

By the way here is a trivia question for you. What school has a Space Shuttle Astronaut as a gaduate- Polk, Bradley, Cleveland, or Walker Valley? Answer Dr. Roger Crouch graduate of Polk County High.

Edited by bigcat77

Terry Fair, ex-UT Vol and former NFL player, along with Russ Smith are the 2 primary broadcasters for the CAK games. I think they do a professional job of broadcasting for a high school game. Of course they are CAK announcers but they seem to give a fair shake to the opposing teams. Terry can have strong opinions, but he certainly understands football. He and Russ also have a daily drive time sports talk show everyday on WNOX 100.3FM from 3pm til 5pm about UT and all other area sports.

We hope so but no one really knows at this point. Probably one of those game day decisions. If he can go then it will be a big plus for CAK, but if he can't then we will just have to find someone to step up like they have the past couple weeks.

Good Deal! i heard he practiced today, but limited. Hope he's healthy for the rest of the season. Do you know number #25?

If you are 6'4 then I will be able to find you. I should be there between 5:30 and 6:00. I'll look you up and we can grab some grub. I'll be the handsome guy wearing Royal Blue & Vegas Gold, :mrgreen:

Sounds good. Just wondering do you a kid playing? My brother played the last four years and was a senior last year on the team. Well I'm looking forward to meeting such a respected guy from CAK. I have read some great post from you and wish everyone on here would act that way. Looking forward to watching 39 for Polk and 24 on offense. Looking for a big night from 40 and 35 on defense.

Edited by Blaster7

Sounds good. Just wondering do you a kid playing? My brother played the last for years and was a senior last year on the team. Well I'm looking forward to meeting such a respected guy from CAK. I have read some great post from you and wish everyone on here would act that way. Looking forward to watching 39 for Polk and 24 on offense. Looking for a big night from 40 and 35 on defense.

Soose?