Oneida at Hampton

uknoit2

Saw him at the passing league at Cloudland a couple of years ago, Ibelieve I'd pass. I wasn't real impressed with his antics.

I don't know the man personally, or anything about his coaching. I do know he asked about the job. I thought with who he is he might be able to get more kids out. Maybe he could talk Jerry Jones into building cloudland a dome.

I don't know the man personally, or anything about his coaching. I do know he asked about the job. I thought with who he is he might be able to get more kids out. Maybe he could talk Jerry Jones into building cloudland a dome.

Might be just what the Dr ordered. I'm not sure very many people understands what it takes to win in a small rural town like ours. It won't be an easy task for anyone.

Might be just what the Dr ordered. I'm not sure very many people understands what it takes to win in a small rural town like ours. It won't be an easy task for anyone.

Ive known Ryan since he was young (still young compared to me) and he is a good feller and seened to be a good coach.

I agree with you Pujo, winning with a small school, with few talented, even fewer disciplined player these days (not talking about Cloudland, but all schools) is something he probably wouldn't be too use to!

With a large school, if a player steps outta line, you put another in his place to teach him a lesson. Hard to do that when these small schools rely on the same 11-15 players to play both sides of the ball.

Some say the coach should discipline even the best in the small school programs if needed, and I agree. But what happens when they loose? Does the coach get the glory for disciplinary actions taken on the better athletes causing a lose? Ummmmm, NO!

Uknoit, I believe in giving second chances and I know people can struggle to cope with things that happen in their lives. The fact that he got behind the wheel drunk doesnt set well with me. I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do. I just dont think it would be good for our school at this pt.

Uknoit, I believe in giving second chances and I know people can struggle to cope with things that happen in their lives. The fact that he got behind the wheel drunk doesnt set well with me. I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do. I just dont think it would be good for our school at this pt.

I highly doubt you'll ever have to worry about it. It'll be Matt or Scot Smith. Smart money says Matt.

I've got alot of respect for Matt as well,he's a fine person and his leadership speaks for itself. I've also heard all the talk and several people don't trust the situation.May even have a few defections.He would just be putting himself in a bad position.The trust is just not there. When you've been at a school this long and never had interest in a job,why would you want it now. People are people and they all have their agendas, its not they're fault,they're just humans. Put it this way,who do you like the best,you're kids or mine.

Shoot I'll even take it a step farther,I'd like it better if Hampton had a great coach that wasn't my kids uncle.Regardless of what my kid is able to accomplish, theres always going to be the yak,yak. I know Mike will play the best kids he has, and mine will get no favors,but others don't know him like I do. Perfect example was his two nephews at Cloudland,they were brothers and one was all state and the other rode the pine.

Pujo,That was one of the things I liked about Mike it didn't matter who's kid it was.Mike didn't do the senority thing if a freshman could do the job better than a senior then the job was his.It didn't matter who the parents were.One of cloudland's best freshman teams sat on the bench for three years while robbie was there.very few saw any playing time til their senior year.

Edited by cuda44069