Oneida at Hampton

uknoit2

I've read coacht for years and years. Been around football for a long time as well. I'm not from Hampton nor from Onieda. I grew up in Kingsport and have moved around several times, the thing that gets me is how Hampton gets a #2 ranking from the schedule they play. If they were a true #2 you wouldn't here them being worried about an Onieda team. When you read about TC or BB the only teams you here them worried about are powerhouses like South Pitt, or a powerhouse out of Kentucky.

Pfft....South Pitt? Please...we don't worry about them! Esp. since we won't have to play them. Na...I think there is a lot of respect between Oneida and Hampton, so you won't see any real trash talk, but I've got a feeling Hampton feels pretty confident about this one.

Now...since you won't to talk about overrated teams East Tn. teams not doing crapola in the playoffs, it all starts and ends with the most overrated team in the state, year in, year out...Dobyns Bennett!! How many one and done's have they had? How many times have they went into the playoffs with an inflated record, only to get beat by a lower seeded team? Not claiming your an Indian by any means, but you can't bring up overrated East Tn. teams and leave them off the list!!! :popcorneater:

TC and BB are the only true contenders in 2A

Wrong, you'll see. Trousdale is the contender,everyone else is just playing second fiddle.

And fyi,you don't have to win the state to have a quality program. 2 different types of teams win in this class,Private schools and teams with a few gifted atheletes. Check on it sometime,you might be surprised.

I've read coacht for years and years. Been around football for a long time as well. I'm not from Hampton nor from Onieda. I grew up in Kingsport and have moved around several times, the thing that gets me is how Hampton gets a #2 ranking from the schedule they play. If they were a true #2 you wouldn't here them being worried about an Onieda team. When you read about TC or BB the only teams you here them worried about are powerhouses like South Pitt, or a powerhouse out of Kentucky.

If you've been around and read as much as you say you have, you must know thats the MOST IGNORANT statement ever on the T

Pfft....South Pitt? Please...we don't worry about them! Esp. since we won't have to play them. Na...I think there is a lot of respect between Oneida and Hampton, so you won't see any real trash talk, but I've got a feeling Hampton feels pretty confident about this one.

Now...since you won't to talk about overrated teams East Tn. teams not doing crapola in the playoffs, it all starts and ends with the most overrated team in the state, year in, year out...Dobyns Bennett!! How many one and done's have they had? How many times have they went into the playoffs with an inflated record, only to get beat by a lower seeded team? Not claiming your an Indian by any means, but you can't bring up overrated East Tn. teams and leave them off the list!!! :popcorneater:

And on 3 different ocasions,Hampton has competed very well with the very best.

Agree 100% on two things. 1.) DB is definately overrated they haven't ben a contender in years, 2.) Private schools are one of many diseases in the TSSAA oganization. And about TC being worried about South Pitt I was referring to Boyd Buchannan being worried about them not TC. In all honesty I think the best team in 2a will not be participating in the playoffs this year (Grace Christian).

I recall them getting a thrashing against TC last time they played. Refresh my memory if I'm wrong.

That wasn't one of the years I was referring to,but yes they got took to the woodshed by a VERY dominate Trousdale team.Trousdale also won the state the next week,They dominated that game even more.

Agree 100% on two things. 1.) DB is definately overrated they haven't ben a contender in years, 2.) Private schools are one of many diseases in the TSSAA oganization. And about TC being worried about South Pitt I was referring to Boyd Buchannan being worried about them not TC. In all honesty I think the best team in 2a will not be participating in the playoffs this year (Grace Christian).

The disease

Now I see where you're coming from. You join a hour ago, bash a couple of well respected programs, & throw GCA into a Hampton / Oneida thread all in 8 posts. You're obviously a fisherman :roll:

I was not being a "smart @ss" on that one just checking. What were the Three years that they were so competitive?

2007,Give a loaded SP team all they wanted,2006 hung in pretty well with FC. 1996,should have won the state. Lost to the state champions after dominateing the whole game. Give us a break.We do pretty well for an ole backwoods country bunch.