CPA @ Goodpasture

DANR

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am nervous about this one, not because I think GP is better, but we have been a little shaky offensively lately - nagging injuries, penalties, etc.. I think our defense will hold GP to below 28, but we need to make some big special team or offensive plays to outscore them. The series has been pretty even, but they have owned the playoffs against us.

Goodpasture is a very good team and their QB is good, but good luck to CPA as my team host PC

I am nervous about this one, not because I think GP is better, but we have been a little shaky offensively lately - nagging injuries, penalties, etc.. I think our defense will hold GP to below 28, but we need to make some big special team or offensive plays to outscore them. The series has been pretty even, but they have owned the playoffs against us.

I believe they will own you again friday nite GP by 13

Goodpasture 35

CPA 21

GP may win, but they won't score 35. Their offense isn't any better than Maplewood (21) or Pearl Cohn (10). GP has scored a lot of points the last 7 games of the year, but they have played no one who has as good a defense as CPA, or with the defensive coaching CPA has. GP has a good passing game, but if they throw 20 times +, CPA will get some picks.

GP may win, but they won't score 35. Their offense isn't any better than Maplewood (21) or Pearl Cohn (10). GP has scored a lot of points the last 7 games of the year, but they have played no one who has as good a defense as CPA, or with the defensive coaching CPA has. GP has a good passing game, but if they throw 20 times +, CPA will get some picks.

That is why they are playing the game

That is why they are playing the game

I agree. I'm not saying GP can't win - they are a very good team, and this should be a great matchup. I am just discussing the game, and based on this year, CPA's defense has done well against some teams as good as GP. Again, I am not going to predict a winner or score, but I will say GP won't score over 28.

Unlike most of these games in the past, the key to CPA winning will be to run the ball, run clock and shorten the game.

The Tennessean posted this today:

"CPA (10-1) at Goodpasture (8-3): CPA opened the season with a 35-14 win against Goodpasture and has impressed since then. However, quarterback Albert Mitchell (1,503 offensive yards, 15 TDs) did not play in the Lions’ 3A playoff win over Cheatham County because of an injury and his status is up in the air. The Cougars have won seven straight after a 1-3 start. Goodpasture 26, CPA 23."

How did Albert Mitchell get hurt, what kind of injury does he have? I hope he will be able to go tomorrow night.

The Tennessean posted this today:

"CPA (10-1) at Goodpasture (8-3): CPA opened the season with a 35-14 win against Goodpasture and has impressed since then. However, quarterback Albert Mitchell (1,503 offensive yards, 15 TDs) did not play in the Lions’ 3A playoff win over Cheatham County because of an injury and his status is up in the air. The Cougars have won seven straight after a 1-3 start. Goodpasture 26, CPA 23."

How did Albert Mitchell get hurt, what kind of injury does he have? I hope he will be able to go tomorrow night.

Mitchell punted against the Cubs so saying that he "didn't play" is a false statement. He didn't play QB because they felt that they could beat Cheatham without him taking the snaps. I'd bet a $100 that Mitchell will take the snaps for the Lions tomorrow night.