CPA @ Goodpasture

DANR

I heard from a source that CPA refused to trade with Goodpasture over the weekend. If that is true then why did CPA not trade films with Goodpasture? I was always under the impression that this was a "gentleman's agreement".

It would be a disadvantage for CPA. Goodpasture is a complete different team than they saw in game 1. Goodpasture Cougar quarterback Keenan Reynolds picked apart a Grundy County secondary last week going 13-17 for 334 yards and five touchdown passes. The senior All State quarterback scored another touchdown on a short run as he accounted for all six Cougar touchdowns on the night. Reynolds connected with four different Cougar receivers for touchdown passes in the 42-6 route of the Yellow Jackets. It was the most passing yards ever produced by a Cougar quarterback for a single game in the 40 years of Goodpasture football. Not a bad night considering he never took a snap in the second half. (Goodpasturefootball.com)

Edited by CougarBrown

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdoitknow should be able to ask the question on this board. CPA4Ever seems to cast his moral net very wide when it come to any subject involving CPA.

Yes, he should be able to ask it, and he did. And I should be able to question his implication that CPA is not playing fair when he implies the same with NO proof or naming his source. You do realize Howdoitknow's team was just beaten by CPA last Friday. It's possible he is not totally objective in his view of CPA.

My moral net has more legitimacy than someone posting unfounded implications. My moral net says that if you don't have any proof of something other than an unnamed "source", then keep it to yourself, and don't question someone's integrity.

THATS WHY HE WAS ASKING... To get further proof! Alot of

People talk on coachT.. I think it's a great idea to track down info on here.. Where else do you have so many connections to football fans who are in the loop?

Yeh, there is certainly a lot of TALK on CoachT. So, to review we now have a Cheatham County fan (lost to CPA) being defended by a Fairview fan and a Lipscomb fan (lost to CPA) on a CPA/GP thread discussion. Welcome all of you to the thread.

I think I will jump over to the Fairview thread and discuss what a source told me that they were doing that wasn't right. All I want to do, after all, is track down info, and get further proof. :thumb:

It would be a disadvantage for CPA. Goodpasture is a complete different team than they saw in game 1. Goodpasture Cougar quarterback Keenan Reynolds picked apart a Grundy County secondary last week going 13-17 for 334 yards and five touchdown passes. The senior All State quarterback scored another touchdown on a short run as he accounted for all six Cougar touchdowns on the night. Reynolds connected with four different Cougar receivers for touchdown passes in the 42-6 route of the Yellow Jackets. It was the most passing yards ever produced by a Cougar quarterback for a single game in the 40 years of Goodpasture football. Not a bad night considering he never took a snap in the second half. (Goodpasturefootball.com)

I remember watching Keenan take his lumps as a Frosh and thinking: "Wow, this kid is going to be something special before he graduates." Look forward to the game. CPA's strength is pass defense so this will be a great matchup.

I have a legitimate question for GP fans. I know GP is a very good team, and has gotten better since the first CPA game (especially on offense); however, I am surprised at some of the scores during your season against average teams and especially how many points your defense gave up to them, like MC, Greenbrier, WH, and JPII for example.

CPA's offense has struggled a bit lately due to injuries to key players, but based on how much some of those teams scored on you, I would think CPA will score a few.

What say ye, GP fans?

Yeh, there is certainly a lot of TALK on CoachT. So, to review we now have a Cheatham County fan (lost to CPA) being defended by a Fairview fan and a Lipscomb fan (lost to CPA) on a CPA/GP thread discussion. Welcome all of you to the thread.

I think I will jump over to the Fairview thread and discuss what a source told me that they were doing that wasn't right. All I want to do, after all, is track down info, and get further proof. :thumb:

Ok. That characterization of Howdoitknow2, and his "interests" in this game are a bit unfair. He does have Cheatham County roots, and that is the team he supports. However, I would not call him your casual high school fan or parent with a very narrow "my team only" interest. I would classify him as more of a fan and supporter of Tennessee High School football. He knows quite a few people in high school football covering many teams in middle Tennessee, and even knows a fair amount about teams in West and East Tennessee. I've never known him to malign a team who beat his team as you're accusing him of. It's a fair question.

If the CPA coach did trade film, and this is untrue, then it would be fair to let him know what's being said and allow him, or so someone on his behalf could "set the record straight". Otherwise, if he chose not to trade film, which is the "normal behavior" prior to a game, then you have to wonder about his motivation. If this is part of his strategy, then why? Has CPA, been treated unfairly in a game film exchange before? There could be a number of ways this could be interpreted. If I were the coach, I would want to know this has been posted on a public forum, and also to have a change to respond (either directly, or someone else on my behalf). That's just my "two cents worth" on this subject.

I have a legitimate question for GP fans. I know GP is a very good team, and has gotten better since the first CPA game (especially on offense); however, I am surprised at some of the scores during your season against average teams and especially how many points your defense gave up to them, like MC, Greenbrier, WH, and JPII for example.

CPA's offense has struggled a bit lately due to injuries to key players, but based on how much some of those teams scored on you, I would think CPA will score a few.

What say ye, GP fans?

GP has improved just as much on Defense as Offense. Yes, the first four games were terrible. New starters trying to find their way. Since then they have been pretty good.

Westmoreland- 14 pts in 4th on subs

Lipscomb- shut out

White House- 22 pts, good 4A team thats still playing

Sycamore- 7 pts in 4th on subs

McGavock- 6 pts on starters, 6 in late 3rd on subs when score was 41-6

Greenbrier- 6 pts on starters, 20 in 4th against subs, one td was a pick 6 by GP's back up QB.

Grundy- scored 6, wasn't there so not sure what quarter they scored.

Granted first several games were against better competition, but that shows marked improvement.

On a side note, if we kick to Wharton, we are dumb:)