SIGNAL MOUNTAIN 2012

MountainTroll

District 12-AA Even though I like to pic at all of them we had 5 teams in the playoffs last year. All won in the first except one which played another 12-AA team, Then all those teams won in the next round,and there one team was again knocked out by 12-AA team. So we aren't all living a creampuff existence.

Pfft! 5 out of 9 in the playoffs, and then you play with each other. 2-3 good teams still leaves you with 6-7 easy district opponents.

6AA had 5 out of 8 teams in the playoffs, and that don't mean it's a strong district.

7AA had 3 out of 6 teams in the playoffs (should have been 4, except for that Childress boy, who I don't like so much by the way), and it's still a weak district.

'MountainTroll'

Aside from one or two teams, name me one AA district that isn't WEAK.

Troll thats the norm for any district regardless of classifation....the best win their non-region games no matter the foe

Hey Troll got any idea why Greenevile aint tearing the boards up spewing and spouting their usual ..tho they are 1 till unseated ..suppose they are in a 'wait and see mode' ..just sayin

Edited by DHSFB64

'MountainTroll'

Troll thats the norm for any district regardless of classifation....the best win their non-region games no matter the foe

Hey Troll got any idea why Greenevile aint tearing the boards up spewing and spouting their usual ..tho they are 1 till unseated ..suppose they are in a 'wait and see mode' ..just sayin

Ya'll seem to be "spewing and spouting" just fine without us

Pfft! 5 out of 9 in the playoffs, and then you play with each other. 2-3 good teams still leaves you with 6-7 easy district opponents.

6AA had 5 out of 8 teams in the playoffs, and that don't mean it's a strong district.

7AA had 3 out of 6 teams in the playoffs (should have been 4, except for that Childress boy, who I don't like so much by the way), and it's still a weak district.

All those teams got further than SM did last year, Wouldn't be surprised if they did this year as well.

Sorry dude! I am just getting old. Good luck with the restrooms at your stadium..... God knows getting things built in Hamilton County School system is harder then driving thru Signal and not getting a ticket.cool.png I have money and still cannot get the OK to build a baseball field.

Geez. You don't have to yell.icon_mrgreen.gif

'MountainTroll'

That wuz the point I wuz tryin' to make to that Jet Pride boy. Everbody always sayin' so-in-so plays in a weak district, which is true for most districts.

As for them greenies, idk. Maybe some of the loudmouths' kids graduated. Seems like most teams just have one or two preaseason loudmouths. Smeagle seems to have disappeared as well. I see that barb has gone into voyeur mode. I'm sure people will start coming out of the woodwork after they get a few wins under their belt.

East Hamilton favored to win 6 AA, see article in Nooga.com .

http://www.nooga.com...avored-in-6-aa/

Canes will be the team to beat this year. If they can keep everybody healthy, add a passing game to their running attack and maintain their defense, they will go all the way this year. They keep a low profile, but this team has some talent that will shine this year.

Winning a very down and weak district last year gave the Canes a false sense of accomplishment. The team the season before was a much stronger team with good leadership. Last years team did not have the senior leadership it needed. This years team will be loaded with seniors who have played varsity football for three years already so we should actually have some senior leadership this year. Our junior class is talented and pretty deep but most of them lack game time experience and unless we blow teams out by more than 48 points then are seniors next year will look like last years inexperienced group. Subbing only six players in a 42-6 blow out last year did not get any experience for the players who worked their butts off all spring, summer and fall. The good thing for this years team is the fact that the majority of starters last year are returning and we don't have a certain distraction anymore who got playing time at positions that had better players. I am really looking forward to this years games against Signal Mountain and Ooltewah.

Sorry dude! I am just getting old. Good luck with the restrooms at your stadium..... God knows getting things built in Hamilton County School system is harder then driving thru Signal and not getting a ticket. I have money and still cannot get the OK to build a baseball field.

I know yer frustration. We even had to get the Signal Mountain Design Review Committee to sign off on the the plans, color scheme, and shingle style. Once we got all the roadblocks out of the way, things have gone very smoothly.

We've gone from this:

photobucket-22211-1339686364067sm.jpg

to this:

7_23_2012small.jpg

7_23_2012small2.jpg

in 35 days, including all the storms.

Home opener is Aug 31, so we will hopefully have it finished and functional by then.