The Big Deal Invitational

GCPioneer

Dyersburg High School will be hosting a two day showcase featuring some of the top teams from across the Southeast.

Friday December 2

5:00 - Dyersburg v. Martin Westview (girls)

6:30 - Dyersburg v. Martin Westview (boys)

7:45 - Southwind v. Arlington Country Day (Fl)

9:30 - Bolivar v. Northside (Ga)

Saturday December 3

2:00 - Dyersburg v. Gabriel Prep (Tn)

3:30 - Lake Co. v. Baldwyn (Ms)

5:15 - Northside (Ga) v. Raytown South (Mo)

7:00 - Arlington Country Day (Fl) v. Calloway (Ms)

8:30 - Bolivar v. Brew Tech (Al)

Edited by GCPioneer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarnell Stokes is not playing for Southwind this year. He was going to go from Memphis Central to Oak Hill and then backed out of the Oak Hill thing and was going to try and play at Southwind and the TSSAA denied it. However, J3 is very fun to watch.

If im not mistaken,he could reappeal it on Nov.2nd and now they are waiting on the decision now.So he may still end up playing for them.

If im not mistaken,he could reappeal it on Nov.2nd and now they are waiting on the decision now.So he may still end up playing for them.

I just read were Stokes played in a scrimmage yesterday at the Fed Ex Forum.His appeal is Nov.17th and they may rule him elgible,permanent inelgible,or inelgible for 12 months from his last time playing,which will make him elgible sometime in Feb.

For his sake, he better hope he becomes eligible. If not, it sure would suck to sit on the sideline your senior season. If he does get to play for Southwind, that pretty much puts them at the top of AAA this year. Stokes in the post and J3 on the wing is a deadly combo as well as all of the other quick guards they have.

I'm curious as to how they will match up with ACD. Also, the Raytown South and Northside Ga. game should be a big game as well.

Can't see the TSSAA giving him clearance when no move was made and basically no hardship seems to have been made.And when they also have turned him down once already and once more on a previous appeal.Plus with him going ahead and playing with Southwind,could anger the TSSAA at not only him mbut also at Southwind for playing a player that they have ruled ineligible.I saw on another post that he had played in Memphis but wasnt sure it was with Southwind or just some guys that had gotten together.If he did play with Southwind,looks to be a stupid move by him and the school until he was cleared.

Also saw in the Lake Co Banner today that Lake Co was in the Dyersburg tournament but the paper has Lake Co playing Bolivar instead of Baldwyn (Ms)

Edited by mrbigster

I don't know bigster. I was given this straight from one of the directors of the tournament and this is the schedule he gave me to post on here. He checked it out once I posted it and said everything looks fine. There might be some miscommunication somewhere.

You may be right.I went ahead and added the Lake Co girls and boys schedule and did put Bolivar.Usually our editor is on top of things.Figured it came from Coach B.But if it's wrong and we do play the Miss. team then I guess it'll be wrong..or maybe they changed it.Maybe the Miss team isnt coming.Maybe you can find out or Coach B will post or Wardawg or Lake Co Falconfan.

Edited by mrbigster

I don't think the TSSAa will rule him eligible immediately but may let him play in late Feb.Seems like Southwind is taking a chance though also.Could see the TSSAA being upset with Southwind playing him in a jamboree or a playday game with them ruling him ineligible and not letting him play..But still not a regular season game and dont think he will be able to play any tournaments with him.Could be a bad scenario though.To maybe play a kid the whole year and all of a sudden Stokes comes along and takes his spot.

Edited by mrbigster