powerp

What will the final be?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What will the final score be

• SP by 2 td's or less
    • SP by 3 td's or more
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or less
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or more

Roy and powerp, The following 7 players will be suspended as well as the coach 12,20,21,42,50,51 and number 58. some of these extend into next year but the coach only one game. Even the ball boy... I'm not Kidding.

Wow that's a huge blow...This games outcome doesn't sound like it will tell us much of anything but regardless execution is what's needed for this team to get better...They really need to put a good game together before GVille and no I don't expect SP to lose especially with those guys out....Sorry Ambassader but if Pirates lose this one then Coalfield will be the one upsetting not vice versa...

Here's your info for all you South Pitt fans. No need to worry about Coalfield middle/highschool as one smart ####

has writen. There's no need to even play the game. This stinks out loud! concerntrate on your next opponent Coalfield is done!

Eight Coalfield High School football players, coach Keith Henry and even a ball boy will serve suspensions Friday night in the Yellow Jackets' Class 1A state quarterfinal game against South Pittsburg.

TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress, in a letter Wednesday to Coalfield principal Robert Bennett, outlined the punishments derived from reviewing a game film from last Friday's game between Coalfield and Lookout Valley that featured an on-field brawl midway through the second quarter.

Five Coalfield players will serve suspensions of four games or longer that will extend into their 2012 season.

One player received a two-game suspension for leaving the bench area "but not becoming actively involved," Childress wrote.

Two players, who are seniors, will serve a one-game suspension. In addition, those two will also serve five-game suspensions that will apply to any other sport they choose to participate in during the remainder of their senior years.

Henry was required to miss Friday's game "for failing to maintain control of the sidelines during the game," Childress wrote.

The ball boy was relieved of his duties for leaving the sidelines and coming onto the field during the altercation.

Coalfield also chose to implement a zero-tolerance policy for any future such altercations.

"We want to commend the administration at Coalfield High School on the manner in which this situation has been handled and jointly coming to a solution," wrote Childress. "Because of the actions taken and agreed upon, we find no need to take further action."

More details later online and in Thursday's News Sentinel.

This is way too steep. TSSAA went way too far with this.

Yes...at Coalfield

from tssaa.org

UPPER BRACKET

(3) South Pittsburg (10-2) at (1) Coalfield (10-1)

(2) Gordonsville (9-2) at (1) Eagleville (11-0)

If Coalfield wins, they host.

If South Pittsburg wins they travel to the winner of Gordonsville/Eagleville

Thanks, Zonepirate...yet another reason I am pulling for the Pirates...this week. ;) if Tigers can handle the Eagles will look to see your team here...make you all welcome. Best wishes.

The ball boy.....Seriously? :roflol:

Ball boy fired at Coalfield...

WHAT????This ballboy must be one bad dude!!!I believe he need's to be playing. Maybe some of you Coalfield people can feel us in and let us know if he highlights your local town's wrestling!! Seriously though I do hate it for yall all those players are not going to get to play. Should actually moivate yall more. I'm sure you have another good coach that can takeover. I will have to say that I am shocked at the severe punishment. Talking about making a statement!!There you go boy's fight and you have to pay the consequences!!Also the coach plus the school and the money they are fined!!SP better be ready bc I know after all this Coalfield will be one fired up team as well as there fans!!

Player numbers not in the story, see post #336 for all the numbers.

I feel especially bad if there were any seniors that got suspended. What a not so nice way to end your career. Our boys at SP better take notice of this and I'm sure Coach Grider has already read this article to them and has fair warned them it could happen to us if we don't watch ourselves!!

I feel especially bad if there were any seniors that got suspended. What a not so nice way to end your career. Our boys at SP better take notice of this and I'm sure Coach Grider has already read this article to them and has fair warned them it could happen to us if we don't watch ourselves!!

two players were seniors. they will be suspended in any other sports they may play this year up until they fulfill the number of games they were suspend for.

We went through this with Central last year, BUT Whitwell was the next game and not Eagleville/Gordonsville winner.