FCS @ Boyd Buc

reaction

Those refs cheated. Friendship did not win the game fairly. That is total crap and something should be done. Boyd needs an apology and those refs need a lifetime ban. They are worthless pieces of garbage that deserve to be beaten with their arms and legs. It is ridiculous for this to happen. Boyd lost a state championship tonight on a horsecrap call. Its not right anyway you look at it.

And ref is looking right at it.

BlindRef.gif

Play before that was a sack/fumble to make it 4th and 16, if not intentional grounding. They call sack, then during a timeout, move the ball back up to the 6 and say it was an incomplete pass.:wacko:

If you actually watch the video it is pretty close. And unlike everybody else the ref doesn't get to watch it in slow motion. And it seems like everyone is forgetting a major mistake made by the Bucs PAT!

Guys this isnt even close. Swindoll's knee was down way before the goal line. Even then the replays CLEARLY show he didn't get in the endzone. I agree that these refs should NEVER get to ref another game ever again. They cost Boyd a state championship. Friendship will beat Oliver Springs bad next week. We have played two teams the last two weaks in the playoffs in 1A that beat Oliver Springs. I feel bad for the Boyd Buchanan boys. To have something taken from you that you clearly earned on the field is gut wrenching. I feel for you guys. If that had been my team, I would have went to jail over it. I WOULD NOT have been able to control my emotions in that situation. It's just bad, that's all you can say about it.

Thanks Smithke. Sorry it came down to a bad call. Both teams played hard and it could have easily gone either way. I have been on the recieving end of bad calls and it sucks. Point being that it if the refs blew it, it is just that and has nothing to do with the boys on either side. Just don't see why some are hatin on us over a ref mistake.

I am not "hatin" on anyone... just stating facts. The official was out of position and gave a signal for something that did not happen... This was not a poor judgment call. It was a rookie mistake of allowing the runner the yardage gained on a bounce. This should not happen in a play-off game... much less the third round. It came on the heels of another mistake by the officials that put FC on the 6 instead of around the 14.

If FC goes on to win the gold ball… which I expect them to do… and good luck to them… this call not only hurts BBS tonight, but no true sportsman wants a win that they did not earn.

If FC wins there will be some who will never look back… but I am sure there are some true sportsmen at FC and all their life the gold ball will have a little tarnish spot that they will not be able to polish away… because everyone in the state will know what happen.

Again… this was not a hold or some other penalty that could have gone either way… this was black and white… no questions asked… he was down… game over 20 to 14 and the man in black and white bumbles to the goal line from the 3 and awards a touchdown.

If you actually watch the video it is pretty close. And unlike everybody else the ref doesn't get to watch it in slow motion. And it seems like everyone is forgetting a major mistake made by the Bucs PAT
!

Yea right, close don't count, you actually have to get the football over the goal line to score in all states but TN. The missed PAT shouldn't have been an issue because in reality FCS didn't score a touchdown! (The refs did)

If you actually watch the video it is pretty close. And unlike everybody else the ref doesn't get to watch it in slow motion. And it seems like everyone is forgetting a major mistake made by the Bucs PAT!

Pretty close? This guy is supposed to be trained and one of the best in the state. This is not even close for a real official... and no replay would be needed... any trained person who watches this on video, even from a bad angle, knows at full speed the first time they see it... and this guy had a good angle, even though he was out of position, to see the player hit the ground before bouncing and putting the ball across.

You cannot paint this into a... well sometimes the refs make a mistake... it is just part of the game... not for this mistake... not at this level. Both teams deserved better than this.

I am not "hatin" on anyone... just stating facts. The official was out of position and gave a signal for something that did not happen... This was not a poor judgment call. It was a rookie mistake of allowing the runner the yardage gained on a bounce. This should not happen in a play-off game... much less the third round. It came on the heels of another mistake by the officials that put FC on the 6 instead of around the 14.

If FC goes on to win the gold ball… which I expect them to do… and good luck to them… this call not only hurts BBS tonight, but no true sportsman wants a win that they did not earn.

If FC wins there will be some who will never look back… but I am sure there are some true sportsmen at FC and all their life the gold ball will have a little tarnish spot that they will not be able to polish away… because everyone in the state will know what happen.

Again… this was not a hold or some other penalty that could have gone either way… this was black and white… no questions asked… he was down… game over 20 to 14 and the man in black and white bumbles to the goal line from the 3 and awards a touchdown.

Well, the photographer that was on the sidelines has a series of action shots that CLEARLY show #11 breaking the plane of the endzone with his entire body airborne. Breaking the plane before a knee is down equals Touchdown. No matter which way you see it, both of the teams played hard and either team could have won that game.

Edited by linedrive1