Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Thanks, outside of Massey we had a lot of other nay sayers. All 3 of those were early before we made some changes on offense. Y'all had more on your boys in that one article than the DNJ had on our boys all year pretty much. In this county we are indeed the red headed step child,(see Riverdale, etc.) At most until the last game against Cascade and the playoffs, all we ever got was a call in 3 sentence paragraph and more times than not they got the players' names wrong. Heck, we get better coverage from Shelbyville's paper as they cover Cascade and Community.

Welcome to 1A

I see you are picking and choosing what you want to take seriously!

Dude, why do you get so butthurt because people discredit Eagleville's ability? No one on here plays for Gville and I don't think many parents post either. People like croz and me are just former players and alumni of the school, well croz has kids that go there, and I just post here because I live in Vegas and can't really follow the team. Don't take everything you read on here so d**n serious...Like croz said, no one in this world is going to give you anything! If you want something in this world you have to go out and take it. Too bad Gville isn't going let you take it this Friday night

Guest Termite

Let me guess, you're a hot air balloon salesman. :roflol:

Actually, I'm a man of opportunity. Eagle feathers are hard to find, There's a big demand for use in Indian ceremonies. I see where a dollar can be made. When G-ville gets done with them Eagles Friday night, I can pick up plenty of feathers laying around everywhere. Feathers, ring cushions, Kleenex and maybe invest in basketball shoes = $$$.:thumb:

I guess the boys from Eagleville shouldn't even bother showing up. They are probably shaking in their cleats right now. I bet Riverdale sure is glad that they don't have to play the mighty G-Ville this week. You know what on second thought maybe we will show up and upset G-Ville just like we upset Columbia Academy last wk. Eagleville can run and throw the ball vertically and G-Ville will be walking into a buzzsaw come Friday night.

I heard the same garbage this past week.

Look at the scores. We have one common opponent in Westmoreland, and the common teams you have with Nashville Christian, the scores were very similar.

I believe Eagleville is about even with NC. You do the math. :unsure:

However, Eagleville will have an advantage by being at home, but that's were your advantages stop. :ph34r:

I want some of what ever your smoking croz6110. Eagleville has improved every week and if they win the turnover battle they will win the game. Jernigan and Hale are a tough tandem and haven't got the respect they deserve this year. By the way Eagleville loves the underdog role----You don't get to 11-0 by being a bum.

Gordonsville is the underdog in this game... They are 9-2 now and Eagleville is 11-0 for a reason... It's the #2 seed coming to face the #1 seed point blank... Gordonsville knows the challenge that they have ahead Friday night against the Eagles... Everyone wants to hype Gordonsville up and those people that are, have nothing to with Gordonsville except for Croz and he always calls it like he sees it and even Croz isn't saying the Tigers will mercy rule the Eagles... Once again that it is everyone else saying it... Gordonsville will come to Eagleville ready for the battle the 11-0 Eagles will give them...

• Upvote 1

Eagleville has accomplished a great thing by being undefeated this year, but they have barely beaten some teams that if they wanted to be considered a true threat they beat by more than what they have this year. I'm talking about teams like Forrest, Moore County, Cascade, Collinwood, and Westmoreland. Gordonsville will be by far the best team they've faced this year.

It's good to see a school like Eagleville who only maybe 3, 4, or 5 games a year on a consistant basis go 11-0 and make it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs. I hope one day we over here at RBS can get to a level where we can win 5, 6, or 7 games in a season. Congrats to both teams on making it to the quarters, it's a good accomplishment not matter what classification you're in and good luck to both teams.

I guess the boys from Eagleville shouldn't even bother showing up. They are probably shaking in their cleats right now. I bet Riverdale sure is glad that they don't have to play the mighty G-Ville this week. You know what on second thought maybe we will show up and upset G-Ville just like we upset Columbia Academy last wk. Eagleville can run and throw the ball vertically and G-Ville will be walking into a buzzsaw come Friday night.

This is the same junk I heard last week.

All I'm doing is picking my team to win, and if ya'll can't handle that, ya'll need to put on your big girl panties and find something else to do. :roflolk:

I'm confident Gordonsville will win, maybe ya'll should feel the same way about your team, instead having these pity parties."We shouldn't show up" yadda, yadda, yadda. <_<

Just because people pick against you doesn't mean they disrespect you. However, I don't know if you can play this underdog role up. It's split 50-50 on the Big Ones.

Either way, we'll be there to the buzzsaw come Friday, my guess is it will be blue. :thumb:

BTW, if we don't spice up these message boards, the thread will be dead in a couple of days. So far, it's been some good reading. :roflol:

Eagleville has accomplished a great thing by being undefeated this year, but they have barely beaten some teams that if they wanted to be considered a true threat they beat by more than what they have this year. I'm talking about teams like Forrest, Moore County, Cascade, Collinwood, and Westmoreland. Gordonsville will be by far the best team they've faced this year.

It's good to see a school like Eagleville who only maybe 3, 4, or 5 games a year on a consistant basis go 11-0 and make it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs. I hope one day we over here at RBS can get to a level where we can win 5, 6, or 7 games in a season. Congrats to both teams on making it to the quarters, it's a good accomplishment not matter what classification you're in and good luck to both teams.

Eagleville has only been playing varsity football for eight seasons. The first season was a JV schedule. I think for playing eight seasons that's pretty impressive no matter what school it is, save Signal Mountian. I think the coaches are just getting the kids to believe that they can play, if they play with great intensity and effort. I know my sons believe!