Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Congrats to Eagleville on a great season, I know you guys are fired up and proud to be 11 - 0. I look forward to the trip as we travel well and will bring the noise !! Last friday just before our game with NC I saw something in these tigers that Ive been waiting for, they came together as a team... determined to take care of business and played better than they have since the first game of the year. We will find out if that undefeated record is for real... believe that !!!

Dude, why do you get so butthurt because people discredit Eagleville's ability? No one on here plays for Gville and I don't think many parents post either. People like croz and me are just former players and alumni of the school, well croz has kids that go there, and I just post here because I live in Vegas and can't really follow the team. Don't take everything you read on here so d**n serious...Like croz said, no one in this world is going to give you anything! If you want something in this world you have to go out and take it. Too bad Gville isn't going let you take it this Friday night

I'm taking it with a grain of salt too butthurt, but it does get a little personal when someone says things about your kids that were never said about this game. I'm generally not a serious d**m person and nobodys asking the world to give us anything. We are just defending our team just like you do.

Edited by Eeagles2010

We respect your team,and what you done this year,but the tigers will be ready for some head-butting,a## kicking football come friday night.Bishop remembers when we played in 2000-2003 years together.We were the hogs!on the o-line and d-line...I see alot of heart,pride and honor in this years team,like we had when I played @ GHS...Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

Eagleville has only been playing varsity football for eight seasons. The first season was a JV schedule. I think for playing eight seasons that's pretty impressive no matter what school it is, save Signal Mountian. I think the coaches are just getting the kids to believe that they can play, if they play with great intensity and effort. I know my sons believe!

We scrimmaged Eagleville a few years ago. I don't know if it was in the Spring or Fall. I remember ya'll ran the pistol and had a good QB.

What offense and defense does Eagleville run this year?

Gville runs the I on offense with some shotgun, and a 50 on defense.

This is the same junk I heard last week.

All I'm doing is picking my team to win, and if ya'll can't handle that, ya'll need to put on your big girl panties and find something else to do. :roflolk:

I'm confident Gordonsville will win, maybe ya'll should feel the same way about your team, instead having these pity parties."We shouldn't show up" yadda, yadda, yadda. <_<

Just because people pick against you doesn't mean they disrespect you. However, I don't know if you can play this underdog role up. It's split 50-50 on the Big Ones.

Either way, we'll be there to the buzzsaw come Friday, my guess is it will be blue. :thumb:

BTW, if we don't spice up these message boards, the thread will be dead in a couple of days. So far, it's been some good reading. :roflol:

croz6110 did you forget to take your meds today. First of all I wear boxers not panties. Secondly, G-Ville fans have been talking about mercy ruling us all over the message boards this weekend. Nashville Christian had a 5-7 record this year so you beat a team with a losing record---CONGRATULATIONS. I hope your boys come into the game as cocky as the G-Ville fans on the message boards are. Mess with the eagle and you get the claw. Our boys will be ready and will have the win once the dust settles. Always remember that its not how you start but how you finish and we will be ending Gordonsville's season come Friday night.

Better Luck next years since according to the message boards your loaded for the next couple of seasons

croz6110 did you forget to take your meds today. First of all I wear boxers not panties. Secondly, G-Ville fans have been talking about mercy ruling us all over the message boards this weekend. Nashville Christian had a 5-7 record this year so you beat a team with a losing record---CONGRATULATIONS. I hope your boys come into the game as cocky as the G-Ville fans on the message boards are. Mess with the eagle and you get the claw. Our boys will be ready and will have the win once the dust settles. Always remember that its not how you start but how you finish and we will be ending Gordonsville's season come Friday night.

Better Luck next years since according to the message boards your loaded for the next couple of seasons

Am I going to have to repeat myself again. The only Gordonsville fan that's even mentioned a mercy rule is me, and I said "If Gville plays like they did Friday, a mercy rule is possible."

Nashville Christian played some teams just as tough as Eagleville did, so it is a fair comparison.

So wow, The Tigers will run into a buzzsaw and a claw this Friday. Those poor tigers, I hope they're ready for basketball. :roflolk:

Don't worry, though, Eagleville getting as far as the Quarterfinals is a good accomplishment. :thumb:

FWIW, Sonny Moore says Gville is a 10 point favorite.

Gordonsville will not come in to this game Cocky. They will come to Eagleville with Confidence, determination and passion (we'll bring some talent too). This is not disrespect toward Eagleville but a confidence that we have in this team. You guys are the ones who are undefeated and the #1 seed. Presure belongs to you. "mess with the eagle and you get the claw" sounds really cute. Cute is definitley something we are not bringing to Eagleville Friday. Get ready. We will be there.

Gordonsville is only a 10 point favorite according to Sonny Moore? WOW, that shocks me. I picked against Eagleville last week. I thought Columbia would beat them, but Eagleville won 21-7. If you only scored 21 on Columbia, you will have alot of trouble scoring 14 on Gordonsville. I am picking Gordonsville 42-7 on Friday night.

Gordonsville is only a 10 point favorite according to Sonny Moore? WOW, that shocks me. I picked against Eagleville last week. I thought Columbia would beat them, but Eagleville won 21-7. If you only scored 21 on Columbia, you will have alot of trouble scoring 14 on Gordonsville. I am picking Gordonsville 42-7 on Friday night.

There you go trying to give them more bulletin board material. :roflolk:

I'd say that Eagleville will be the 4th best team we've played thus far behind Trousdale, Friendship, and Smith. I like our chances, even though the Eagleville faithful don't like hearing that. :roflol:

FNL12, you need to let me know how you saw film on Eagleville, I can't find nothing online. We can compare notes. :roflolk:

There you go trying to give them more bulletin board material. :roflolk:

I'd say that Eagleville will be the 4th best team we've played thus far behind Trousdale, Friendship, and Smith. I like our chances, even though the Eagleville faithful don't like hearing that. :roflol:

FNL12, you need to let me know how you saw film on Eagleville, I can't find nothing online. We can compare notes. :roflolk:

I just call it like I see it. Not trying to be rude or disrespectful. I have seen Gordonsville in person. I know how strong they are. Eagleville WILL NOT keep it close. You heard it here first. Croz, you should know by now that I can usually get close to nailing some of these matchups.

Croz, first off I'm not on here bragging about how E'ville's gonna stomp G'ville, I've giving your boys respect and asking just a bit for E'ville. Love how you're comparing us to NCS with a 5 and 7 record, that's respect right there. Speaking of Garbage,last week all I heard outta G'ville fans was mercy ruling everyone till SP, I also heard the majority of you picking CA to beat us by at least 2 td's, didn't happen. In CA's only 2 losses against Wayne Co. and PC, the fewest points they scored was 14, in the 8 games they won their lowest point total in a game save a 17 point outing was 41 points, twice they scored 63 points. Their only score against E'ville, they had to do on a 4th and 4. As for how many points E'ville scored against Westmoreland or whoever, what matters is they won, did it matter that you lost to Smith Co. by 1 point, no, what matters is you lost. Now lets talk parity. Yes you've played a few decent teams. Let's see you beat Friendship, who then lost to TC by 17, who G'ville also lost to but tonight Friendship beat TC by 10, hmmm guess it's possible for a lesser team to beat a better team after all y'all did beat FC and lost to TC, (who many annointed as this yr's 2A state champs), you also lost to Smith Co. who went 10-0 and then promptly got knocked out in the first round by Pearl Cohn. I'm not saying E'ville will beat G'ville although they may. I'm just saying everybody but E'ville themselves has done nothing but run them down and all they've done is won each time they strapped them on. Win or lose I think G'ville will know they've been in a scrap when the game is over.