Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Another thing to consider Croz is field position. Kickoff coverage for Gordonsville looked real good last week. If Eagleville has a long field against the Gordonsville Defense it will be a long night for them. Offensively, Gordonsville can drive the football well and/or score in just one or two plays. Watson, Kasonx2,Nike and Coleman can take it the distance. But if Gordonsville has a short field, its over quickly.

The kick coverage last week was the best it's been all year, and we kicked off alot.

It will have to be good again this week as Jernigan returned one last week.

Gordonsville WILL MERCY RULE Eagleville. Trust me guys, it's going to happen. Eagleville has had a great season, but Gordonsville is on a different level from most other teams this season. Yes, this probably includes SP as well. The east is Gordonsville's to lose. Trust me on this.

You're making us blush. :oops:

You're not snowballing anyone. We all know SP will be tough. 8-)

What you fail to see is that CA was averaging over 40 points a game for the season. Eagleville held them to 7 which took them a 4th and 4 to get. CA scored 20 on Wayne county which is a powerhouse program like Gordonsville. Eagleville lost 3 fumbles which is not typical, they were plus 21 in turnovers this year, 2 of those were inside CA's 20 yard line and they were driving easily and would've scored most likely both times so it could've been a 35-7 game. Eagleville also got 3 turnovers against CA.

Easy there kuda CA scored their points on Wayne Co by leaving their starters in against our jv and third string. May have scored once on starters

Edited by REGION6FAN

Nowhere in that post did I mention Eagleville or NCS. I was talking about CA and their scores.

As far as the turnovers in the Moore Co.-NC game. Last I checked turnovers were a part of the game.

If you turn the ball over against a decent team, you'll most likely lose.

And I guarantee you our boys are not looking past Eagleville. We have had many trips to the quarters, but not to the semi's since the 80's. The boys and the town is hungry for it.

Here's what I do know, if the Tigers play like they're capable and like they did Friday, I will leave Eagleville happy.

If not, who knows?

I've been on both sides of upsets and I know anything can happen on any given Friday, but my bet is on the boys in blue. :thumb:

The reason I put the , "don't give me that song and dance comparison" in there was because I figured when I sent it you'd go that direction which you had a couple of times. I agree t/o's are a part of the game, was just making a point that Moore was likely the better team and might've given you a better game if not for the t/o's. The point I was aiming for is that you downplayed CA's offensive ability by who they played and I countered with y'all drubbing an NCS team that was 5-6. Just counter punching, you know gotta keep you juiced up Croz. :mrgreen:

One thing that keeps getting mentioned is Eagleville's turnover ratio.

Including the playoff game, Gville has committed 18 turnovers to their opponents 23.

Alot of those were committed by the backups.

For example, against NC we had two turnovers, both were by the backups with NC's starters.

Our first three game, we committed 8 turnovers to our opponent's 3, and still won one game, and was in the other two.

Just some food for thought.

Thats understandable, the majority if not all of Eagleville's takeaways were against the starters of the opposing team, in the games they had in hand Eagleville played the younger boys the majority of the second half and the turnovers had already happened. They are opportunistic. Obviously if the Eagles can force a couple it will help their chances.

Eagleville has proved me wrong everytime I pick one of their games. I've picked against y'all every-time....lol....so no need to stop now. I think that G'ville will this game by the score of 34-20.

Maybe that will help y'all Eagleville, cause I must put bad joojoo on the opposing team. Good luck to both teams.

I certainly hope so, that's a reasonable pick, not like the Mercy rule picks (that per the G'ville guys is SP and TC guys primarily), wish you could do that for my Vols, but that's another story. Alls I know is I hope when the final second ticks off that scoreboard is that Eagleville has 1 more point than G'ville on it.

The Tennessean has the score between Wayne County and CA 42-7 at the end of the 3rd. Just some comparisons:

The only common opponent these two teams have is Westmoreland. Eagleville won this game by 1 point in O/T while Gville won by 25 points. Moore County lost to Eagleville by 3 points and Nashville Christian by 4 points, NC was a team Gville mercy ruled just Friday night. People can say that Moore County should have beat NC, and Moore County might have had more talent than NC but the teams were obviously close enough in talent that NC was able to make the upset. I would say if Eagleville played in the same region as Gville they would finish 5-5 or 6-4 with a 7-3 record at best, I would put them even with Jackson County and Watertown.

That may be the case on WC and CA picking up late scores, that means our defense would be comparable to WC's at least against a similar opponent with a strong offense. Several of us have tried to point out that in the first 3 or 4 games Eagleville had a different starting QB which was their 4th in 4 years, since that time they changed their QB which was their primary RB and they have continued to improve game to game since then. It took him a few games to get comfortable in that role. Moore County plays everyone tough/close regardless of the outcome. NC most likely played their best game of the season when they barely beat Moore County who would have likely beat them w/o the t/o's. I am impressed with G'ville and very respectful of them but them drubbing a 5-6 team doesn't surprise me or overly impress me. If they manage to beat Eagleville by that kinda score and Eagleville doesn't give it to them with t/o's then I'll be that much more impressed. I don't think people outside those that've played Eagleville realize that they have a great defense and I believe they'll make this game a lot closer than people think and may give them a chance to win it.

I have a soft spot for the program at Eagleville. What a loving community. It is hard to compete for athletes with a school with such tradition like Riverdale so close. Yet, they have done it. To see two schools in one county undefeated and still in the playoffs is unbelievable. I am not sure that has ever happened. I admire the heck out of Coach Pip over there. He is a good man and role model for his team. I have known him a long time. You know I will support my Oakland folk no matter where they land even if he did go to Smyrna at one time. hahahahah. Coach Carson proved his worth when he was at Smyrna and helped score the gold there.....twice. So it is no surprise that these two guys combined and brought E'ville to a first undefeated season. Kudos to them all. Such a tragedy that they haven't gotten the press that they deserve for this. I have seen them ranked in the top ten each week, so at least the rest of the press have realized their worth even if the DNJ hasn't.

I am a big fan of Coach Moose at Gordonsville as well. Coach Moose is another Oakland former coach who brought so many players to a high level. I would watch him take a freshman and develop him into a player,starter, and contender. The man worked harder and put in more hrs than any coach I have ever seen.

I would be happy no matter which team wins this week because both are good representatives of the sport.

Good Luck to the Eagles and to the Tigers. What an accomplishment to get where they are !

Well said, we also have a great affection for Coach Pip, he has helped coach Moore with our baseball program the past 3 years and my son who plays baseball for them thinks the world of him. He is going to be coaching his little boy in t-ball and won't be working with the baseball program which is going to hurt a lot but I'm glad for him, he is a good family man and has a little rascal for a son, all the boys cut up with him and he hangs right with them.