Fulton at Greeneville

hearsay

..TAD...stans is ok in my opinion, it depends on what you're looking for. The little top drive thru, only a few blocks from the stadium has the best hotdog on earth. A bit pricey for a dog, but it's huge and very good. they deep fry them. They also have the best shakes in the world. i would suggest the peanut butter chocolate if i were a shake guy....*cough..doctor says im not spose to have those anymore cough**. there are several good places, but you can get your belly quite full at Burley. The hamburgers are grilled on site and the bbq comes from topchoice, which in my personal opinion, is the best bbq in greeneville. Other than that, there's the usual stand by fast food joints, but who wants that crap? Someone mentioned the tailgate up on the hill inside the stadium on the Greeneville side....YES. big Taray is a food efficianado and is very welcomming to anyone. I'll be up there as well around 6, so come on by and say howdy. We're good folks up here in GreeneVegas, we might even give you some of the non poisoned ribs...LOL...i kid i kid..for real though, come over and visit if nothing else, would love to shake your hand and wish your team luck and stuff..

GO DEVILS......

Thanks for the info ... dont know what time Im gonna be able to get outta here Friday but will try to get by there and thanks for the invite and hospitality.

. The little top drive thru, only a few blocks from the stadium has the best hotdog on earth. A bit pricey for a dog, but it's huge and very good. they deep fry them. They also have the best shakes in the world. i would suggest the peanut butter chocolate if i were a shake guy....*cough..doctor says im not spose to have those anymore cough**. GO DEVILS......

My favorite is their chipped ham sandwich.I can remember the Big Top on the other side of town,it was more like a sonics drive in.Same great chipped ham sandwich though.I really miss Hams drive-in,the best burgers in the world

Edited by BatmanDB

Thanks for the info ... dont know what time Im gonna be able to get outta here Friday but will try to get by there and thanks for the invite and hospitality.

I don't get to Greeneville that much, but I would highly recommend Fatz. They have great fried green tomatoes they serve on some tasty grits!

I can assure you that this person is not a Greeneville fan. He / She is just being sarcastic. They were upset over the Greeneville - Carter final score. I am a true devil fan and I just want to see a good , clean game, like most of the Greeneville fans do.

Spot on there ladyG. I'm just an ET football fan. I know some good people from greenvil and would be surprised if those folks approved of the high scores either. BUT...it's your school, your program, and your tradition, so do with it as you wish. As an ET fan, I really hope you guys win it all this year and do take a knee inside the 10 yd line as time runs out in the championship game - just to prove to folks like me that I was wrong in my implied accusations.

I too hope it is a good, clean game. Best of luck to both teams.

Spot on there ladyG. I'm just an ET football fan. I know some good people from greenvil and would be surprised if those folks approved of the high scores either. BUT...it's your school, your program, and your tradition, so do with it as you wish. As an ET fan, I really hope you guys win it all this year and do take a knee inside the 10 yd line as time runs out in the championship game - just to prove to folks like me that I was wrong in my implied accusations.

I too hope it is a good, clean game. Best of luck to both teams.

If you know people from Greeneville, then who knows you may be arguing with them on this board.

I’m telling you, these scores might make Greeneville look bad in the eyes of a few but that doesn’t tell the full story. Almost all of the scoring is done in the first half, and the second/third string players are in the game the rest of the time. I’m really not sure what the big deal is at this point, because I doubt we are in the situation any more this year. The competition is going to improve greatly over the next couple of rounds, starting with Fulton.

I think you are a Maryville fan (correct me if I’m wrong), so I want to say good luck to you as well. You have a class program and I have always pulled for you guys when Greeneville didn’t have to play them.

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

My favorite is their chipped ham sandwich.I can remember the Big Top on the other side of town,it was more like a sonics drive in.Same great chipped ham sandwich though.I really miss Hams drive-in,the best burgers in the world

** in skinny preppy valley girl accent** OHH MYYYY GOSSHHHH batman..I SOOO WOULD GIVE UP my latte maker for just one of those "HAMMS" burgers.....LOL...for real batman, that place was legendary stuff, as was the big top...remember the blue circle across the street from big top?

If you know people from Greeneville, then who knows you may be arguing with them on this board.

I’m telling you, these scores might make Greeneville look bad in the eyes of a few but that doesn’t tell the full story. Almost all of the scoring is done in the first half, and the second/third string players are in the game the rest of the time. I’m really not sure what the big deal is at this point, because I doubt we are in the situation any more this year. The competition is going to improve greatly over the next couple of rounds, starting with Fulton.

I think you are a Maryville fan (correct me if I’m wrong), so I want to say good luck to you as well. You have a class program and I have always pulled for you guys when Greeneville didn’t have to play them.

for me personally, it doesnt much matter about the scoring. These kids work their butts off all season long and when they get their ( all backups ) chance to get in a game, they want to run the same offense as the starters. I cant imagine any backup or 3rd string qb getting any satisfaction what so ever getting in the game only to hand it off, or take a knee. What some of the detractors fail to recognize, or atleast acknowledge is the fact that all these backups will some day be the ones and they too need the gametime situational moments to prepare for their time to shine down the road. Ive always been a proponent of " if your D cant stop our O, I dont want to hear any S "!

Just a little humbling reminder... Contrary to Greeneville's ego ... your "S" does stink.

Go Falcons!

Contray to popular belief Greeneville fans are very aware of our weaknesses and know that each game must stand on it's own. I fully expect Fulton to come into Burley Stadium digging, scratching, and fighting for every inch of turf. I hope your team plays well and leaves satisfied that they left everything on the field. I also hope that the Devils do everything just that much better than you guys and leave with the win. I often sit in the stands and try to remind myself that these are all just a bunch of kids, doing the best they can regardless of the uniform. Life is going to hit them square in the mouth soon enough let's allow them to enjoy their time now.

Contray to popular belief Greeneville fans are very aware of our weaknesses and know that each game must stand on it's own. I fully expect Fulton to come into Burley Stadium digging, scratching, and fighting for every inch of turf. I hope your team plays well and leaves satisfied that they left everything on the field. I also hope that the Devils do everything just that much better than you guys and leave with the win. I often sit in the stands and try to remind

myself that these are all just a bunch of kids, doing the best they can regardless of the uniform. Life is going to hit them square in the mouth soon enough let's allow them to enjoy their time now.

Let's just hope they're not trying to really start fights like Carter tried to do. How about the weather? How can either team get anything done with weather like this? Hope it doesn't change how the game is played.

Edited by hearsay

Let's just hope they're not trying to really start fights like Carter tried to do. How about the weather? How can either team get anything done with weather like this? Hope it doesn't change how the game is played.

Parts of the Carter team were a disgrace. Numbers 15 and 23 spent the entire night trying to start a fight. When you play like that it typically means you're not too good. It began way before the scoring got ugly. I felt sorry for the other players that were there playing hard and trying to do things the right way.