Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

Well, great game Big RED! You pulled it out with alot of heart. I will give props to the Ridgeway defense, they were very quick to the ball. They stopped the Patriot offensive attack once they stacked 8 in the box. But I was very impressed with the Big Red Defense tonight. They held them to a legit 7 points, with 7 more coming to them as a gift on the botched kick. And yes, we should have had 14 more points. But again, the Patriots played well and I am very proud of them! Now lets get ready for the Commandos to come to Paris for a rematch of last year's second round.

Go Big RED!!!

I believe those fumbles were a result of some nice hits, I dont think any team has been as physical as RW against HC this season. Regardless HC got the win and I think this game helps them as Hendersonville will not have the over-all team speed that RW had.....

They may have been nice hits, but our QB has had some fumbling issues all season. It's also worth noting that Ridgeway fumbled twice as well, which I guess renders my initial point moot anyway.

Over all, I just think we played the best team we've seen so far...and that's usually what happens when the competition gets better...the games get closer. That's pretty much all i have to say. Hendersonville will be an intriguing matchup with their passing attack.

Edited by RedSwarm10

They may have been nice hits, but our QB has had some fumbling issues all season. It's also worth noting that Ridgeway fumbled twice as well, which I guess renders my initial point moot anyway.

It doesnt matter now, good game, HC won and Hendersonville will probably be a little tougher game to win IMO b/c they are just as well coached as HC. Hopefully you guys get by them next week and on to Cookeville the next week. I believe if you guys beat Hendersonville you win state, good luck we are rooting for you.....

It doesnt matter now, good game, HC won and Hendersonville will probably be a little tougher game to win IMO b/c they are just as well coached as HC. Hopefully you guys get by them next week and on to Cookeville the next week. I believe if you guys beat Hendersonville you win state, good luck we are rooting for you.....

Thanks. You've seen them play. They run the wing-t, correct?

Thanks. You've seen them play. They run the wing-t, correct?

Yes just like last year w/ pretty much the same players but a little better. Also, its not your traditional wing-t offense b/c they pass quite a bit out of it and they do it effectively. Defensively they are very disciplined and play assignment football. They dont make many mistakes so this game could really come down to the last few minutes. Alot like this week in the 2nd half I do not believe HC will just be able to line up and run straight at them all night and expect to score. They will have to mix it up hit a few of the dreaded "3rd and longs 8+" in order to win this game.....

Early prediciton:

HC - 21

HH - 17

Edited by Kevin38

Sounds like Ridgeway got some breaks but couldn't capitalize on all of them. I'm also getting a sentiment that Ridgeway was "out-coached". I hate when Memphis City School teams get that rap. <_< Players have to make plays at the end of the day is what I say. Anyways, I'll take my crow Fried with a side of honey mustard LOL! It's so much easier to take since WHITEHAVEN Won! 8-)

Good luck the rest of the way Henry Co. :thumb:

Sounds like Ridgeway got some breaks but couldn't capitalize on all of them. I'm also getting a sentiment that Ridgeway was "out-coached". I hate when Memphis City School teams get that rap. <_< Players have to make plays at the end of the day is what I say. Anyways, I'll take my crow Fried with a side of honey mustard LOL! It's so much easier to take since WHITEHAVEN Won! 8-)

Words spoken by a good sport.

Thanks Mr. Senator! And good luck to the Tigers! It'd be mighty nice for the 5A & 6A Gold Balls to reside West of the Tennessee River. Let's get it done!!!

On the issue of coaching, Sutton and Ridgeway had nothing to be ashamed about. Their defensive adjustments stopped HC in the second half, and they seemed to change their blocking schemes. On the other hand, HC had put together a formidable game plan at the outset. The read option and FB slants wrked well.

I was impressed by the resilience of the Ridgeway players. They were down by 21 in the early 3rd quarter, on the road, against an undefeated team which was favored. But they picked it up and made plays. Walton is a tremendous runner and gamer (Davson? not so much) but the most impressive Ridgeway player on this Friday night was QB Jamil Golden. Harassed, sacks and chased for his life, he found himself throwing more pases than anyone ever dreamed. Golden has a rifle arm and is deceptively fast.

Ridgeway's coaching staff made defensive adjustments at halftime. As has been mentioned before the running game was shut down for Henry County. But with the game 21-7, Ridgeway went to work running #3 Walton. They had the ball on the 10 yard line and instead of "DANCING WITH THE GIRL WHO BROUGHT YOU TO THE DANCE" The threw 4 straight times. And none where completed. Henry County's pass rush was relentless, and Golden spent most of the night running for his life, at 6'5" and 210 he was harassed and didn't complete a lot of passes. He seemed to be rattled by the Henry County pressure. #1 Dawson got "LIT UP" in the first quarter right in front of us and he didn't lay out for another pass the rest of the night. When Ridgeway started throwing inside the 10, it put me in mind of Memphis Mitchell against Knoxville Catholic a few years ago...The Gibson kid was gashing Catholic and when they got in scoring range the coaching staff got "CUTE" and got away from the run and started trying to pass. Ridgeway's #64 and #89 looked like two SEC commits in the 2nd half. It was a great game that went down to the wire. Enjoyed it very much. As I posted earlier I can see why Andrew Jelks was wanted by everyone in the county. He looks skinny at 265. I can see him weighing 320 and being a Pro-type left tackle at the next level. That left side of the Henry County line was blowing holes open in the first half that you could drive a Mack truck through. Lot of D-1 talent on that field last night.

Edited by StevieRayVol