Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

The Henry County Patriots will host the Memphis Ridgeway Roadrunners next Friday night. This will be HC's first appearance in the quarterfinals since 2008. They are coming off a penalty-plagued 30-7 victory over Clarksville Northeast. Ridgeway is coming in off a 48-13 thrashing of Dyer County. They bring with them an eight game winning streak. The last meeting between these 2 schools came in 2006, with Ridgeway winning 17-7. The all time series is tied 2-2, and this will be the first ever meeting between the two schools in the playoffs.

I know very little, if anything about Ridgeway's current team. I know they lost 3 of their first 4 games, but have been money ever since. Their 3 losses came against White Station, Skyline HS (Dallas, TX), and Whitehaven. HC needs to cut down on the mistakes, and start playing more consistent, disciplined football. The defense has continued to be outstanding...Can't say enough about those guys. I think we'll be facing the best opponent we have seen all year in this one, and I believe we'll have our hands as full as they've been. I've had to miss our 1st two playoff games, but luckily I'll be back in town on Wednesday, so I'll be seeing my first playoff game of this season. I'm hoping for a good showing. One game at a time. Focus, play hard, play smart, and we can beat anyone left standing. Lets get it done.

How does everyone see this one shaping up? Any Ridgeway fans out there feel free to chime in. I literally know next to nothing about your team.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Edited by RedSwarm10

I'm praying the "ugly" game last night will be a wake up call the team needed. Though it seemed the officiating may have been a little suspect, it was obvious our players were not mentally focused at times. We cannot have and an extra point called back and then miss.....Be off sides twice on a kick off.....rough the kicker when he is kicking out of the end zone....and so on and so on......OR WE WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST NEXT FRIDAY NITE!!! I'm sure the boys took NE a little for granted and the discipline got off track somewhat. Hopefully a lesson was learned and the "ship will get tightened."

The Henry County Patriots will host the Memphis Ridgeway Roadrunners next Friday night. This will be HC's first appearance in the quarterfinals since 2008. They are coming off a penalty-plagued 30-7 victory over Clarksville Northeast. Ridgeway is coming in off a 48-13 thrashing of Dyer County. They bring with them an eight game winning streak. The last meeting between these 2 schools came in 2006, with Ridgeway winning 17-7. The all time series is tied 2-2, and this will be the first ever meeting between the two schools in the playoffs.

I know very little, if anything about Ridgeway's current team. I know they lost 3 of their first 4 games, but have been money ever since. Their 3 losses came against White Station, Skyline HS (Dallas, TX), and Whitehaven. HC needs to cut down on the mistakes, and start playing more consistent, disciplined football. The defense has continued to be outstanding...Can't say enough about those guys. I think we'll be facing the best opponent we have seen all year in this one, and I believe we'll have our hands as full as they've been. I've had to miss our 1st two playoff games, but luckily I'll be back in town on Wednesday, so I'll be seeing my first playoff game of this season. I'm hoping for a good showing. One game at a time. Focus, play hard, play smart, and we can beat anyone left standing. Lets get it done. How does everyone see this one shaping up? Any Ridgeway fans out there feel free to chime in. I literally know next to nothing about your team.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Ridgeway has a couple of D-1 players in Sheldon Dawson & Jaylen Walton that can flat out ball. Their offense against our defense should be worth the price of admission. Their only losses have been to very good teams. This is shaping up to be an excellent game no matter what RW says. Ridgeway is better than "fair" and if the Pats play sloppy it will be a long night. I do think HC wins a close one though.

Link to their youtube site:

http://www.youtube.com/ridgewayfootball

Hey swarm looks like we had some refs out there last that couldn't see or were from northeast. I watched the ridgeway dryer co on you tube looks like they live on the big play. I think our defence will stop the big play and if we can cut down on the mitakes on offence we should take this on 35-21 . What do you think? When they played chs they had a lot of kickoff returns to help them out the kicking game will play big part in next fridays game. Anyone have any thoughts.

Hey swarm looks like we had some refs out there last that couldn't see or were from northeast. I watched the ridgeway dryer co on you tube looks like they live on the big play. I think our defence will stop the big play and if we can cut down on the mitakes on offence we should take this on 35-21 . What do you think? When they played chs they had a lot of kickoff returns to help them out the kicking game will play big part in next fridays game. Anyone have any thoughts.

My thoughts are as follows:

1 Rushing will not work play after play against our defensive line.

2 Any modicum of success in passing inevitably results in severe punishment to the receiver. Once that receiver has been hit, he really doesn't want the ball that badly again and will not expose himself in ways necessary to catch the ball and run. I've seen this all year and saw it last night. My early concerns about our secondary no longer exists.

3 Our secondary's ability to intercept passes has dramatically improved in the past 3 weeks. I badly hope our opponents intend to live by the "big play".

4 Replace the word "receiver" with "punt/kick return man" in comment #2 above.

5 1, 2, and 3 above will not be a big enough advantage for us if we play as sloppily as last night.

6 It is my very uninformed opinion that our kicking game is the single most improved area of our football team.

I think we can take this game, we have that ability to compete with them. As long as we cut down on the penalties and get back to playing HC football like we did in the Regular Season by scoring anytime we touch the ball we'll be fine. Just have to play smart and be focused. They do live on the big play actually and we can stop it, we have the speed to catch up and stay with receivers and our secondary has gotten much better. It's our time Henry County let's keep focused and look forward to 11-18-11. LETS GO HC!

My thoughts are as follows:

1 Rushing will not work play after play against our defensive line.

2 Any modicum of success in passing inevitably results in severe punishment to the receiver. Once that receiver has been hit, he really doesn't want the ball that badly again and will not expose himself in ways necessary to catch the ball and run. I've seen this all year and saw it last night. My early concerns about our secondary no longer exists.

3 Our secondary's ability to intercept passes has dramatically improved in the past 3 weeks. I badly hope our opponents intend to live by the "big play".

4 Replace the word "receiver" with "punt/kick return man" in comment #2 above.

5 1, 2, and 3 above will not be a big enough advantage for us if we play as sloppily as last night.

6 It is my very uninformed opinion that our kicking game is the single most improved area of our football team.

Actually, Shaquille Allen may be the most improved area of our football team.

Edited by FactsOnly

When I mean kicking game I mean special teams play go to the link that sec1rules posted and watch the Ridgway play Craigmont. They had a lot of kickoff returns for touchdowns and big plays down the field on pass plays not very many long drives. Craigmont was not a very good football team either and they scored 42 points on them If our offence plays mistake free football should be 40 point or better game.

Edited by pats73

The one thing I did see looking back over their schedule is that they have given up a lot of points over the course of the season. That could ultimately be the difference. Their defense vs. our offense. Our own defense just seems to be playing sky high right now, and I believe we are good enough to keep the "big" play held in check. If we can get big Jelks back and healthy, cut down on the mistakes, and let Shaq, Najee, and the offensive line do their thing, then I like our chances in this game. It's just a matter of which HC team shows up next week. The fundamentally sound, disciplined, smash mouth team we've seen all year; Or the one that showed up last night and got flagged 842 times. Guys, it is in our hands. I believe the only thing that will stop us is ourselves. Ridgeway is a good team, but we can beat them if we play well. We can beat anyone left if we play well.