Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

owl its the biggest score board you will ever see at a high school it is big they can put players pictures and stats on it and do cool graphs on also have you seen it? I have

I assume that Owlbooster is refering to the fact that MUS probably has one too..as well as Adamsville just installed one over the past few weeks. Therefore, Henry County is not the only West Tn team with such a scoreboard.

Edited by QBClubPrez

Pretty good info. Left some of what they do out though.

- Their bread and butter is the toss. They will fun that play regularly.

- Line up 5 wide with Dawson at QB. Running the Wildcat with Dawson and Walton is scary.

- Their TE/FB #19 is going to get some touches from the TE and FB spots.

- Their DE #89 is a MAN. Don't make a living running at him.

- They have a LB or SS (can't remember where he lines up) #5 that will bring the wood. He flies to the ball and has no issue separating receiver from ball.

Coach Sutton will have this team prepared. He is a very good coach and I would expect to see him pull some tricks out of his sleeve. This should be an awesome game to watch. I'd love to come, but Paris is a long trek from Memphis.

I'm gonna say HC 38 Ridgeway 34

I'm sure someone will let you ride. Come on to henry county and enjoy the atmosphere. If you come once you will definitely wanna come back.

Ridgeway is much like Fairley that we played in the playoffs for three or four years in a row, except not as good on defense. Dyer County, despite QBPrez's babbling, was awful and we would have likely beaten them by 70 had we wanted to. Ridgeway CANNOT beat us and they won't come close. We will beat them by 40 or more unless we play poorly...then we will win by 21. Due to playoff developments I will revise my statement...we will NOT be tested until round 5...if at all. The field is weak, and we are a cut above of every team in our classification. If you want to see a good, close game this Friday night, don't come to Henry County...BUT...if you want to see HC easily advance to round 4, then Paris is the place to be.

Hey kwc! Its been a while since we have been able to discuss a game on here since we changed from the 5A system. I am looking forward to this game! Sounds like Ridgeway definitely has some horses in the stable, but as I am sure you are aware Henry County does as well. Many of us up here like the way our D-line and defense as a whole has been this season. Sounds like Ridgeway's D is lacking somehow. Lots of points scored on them! How do you feel about this game? Would love to hear your commentary...

Drewcephus, it's been a while since we've chatted all things football and your beloved Henry County Patriots. Never doubt that I have been reading the Henry County threads. You should look forward to this game ... you guys are going to have a game where several SEC D-1 caliber players on the field from both teams. Heck ... not including the guys who get scholly's to smaller D-1 schools and below. There are a lot of young men who will be playing ball on Saturdays next season who will be on that field come next Friday night. Live and in living color in Paris, TN!

Yes, Ridgeway has some horses. I'm sure HC has more then Mr. Jelks. I've only seen RW play once (in person) this season (I've seen a few vids online of highlights) and that is when they played Whitehaven. Just to give you some perspective, Whitehaven's 'D' is pretty stout. We have one of the best in TN. In my opinion, Whitehaven's 'D' is built like LSU's ... from DL to secondary, and those dogs will hunt. I was confident that Whitehaven would hold Ridgeway to 14 points ... 21 max. They put 27 on us ... one was a KO return by Mr. Dawson that happened so fast, if you blinked you missed it.

Sheldon Dawson is the 'athlete'. He's a CB that is such a good athlete that they put him all over the field. Mr. Walton is their RB who is small in frame but he's very strong for his size. Both have 'Teague like' speed, just to give you a point of reference, with Mr. Walton being more elusive and Mr. Dawson just flat out running people. If either gets a seam, they are gone. No one will catch them.

I haven't seen HC play nor have I seen any type of video. RW's 3 losses came to 3 very good teams in White Station, Whitehaven, and Skyline TX. All three are larger schools (6A or better) who are still playing in their respective classification playoffs. I've read the thread and I know how good your defense is. As I type this, I'm examining schedules. I will comment later on my opinion on the game.

Edited by kwc

Ridgeway is much like Fairley that we played in the playoffs for three or four years in a row, except not as good on defense. Dyer County, despite QBPrez's babbling, was awful and we would have likely beaten them by 70 had we wanted to. Ridgeway CANNOT beat us and they won't come close. We will beat them by 40 or more unless we play poorly...then we will win by 21. Due to playoff developments I will revise my statement...we will NOT be tested until round 5...if at all. The field is weak, and we are a cut above of every team in our classification. If you want to see a good, close game this Friday night, don't come to Henry County...BUT...if you want to see HC easily advance to round 4, then Paris is the place to be.

I don't agree with this at all. HC is capable of getting put out in any round now if they don't play to their potential. Then again, they are also state contenders if they do play to their potential. But to say the road to state will be a breeze is just ignorant. There are some quality teams in the state including Ridgeway, Powell, Knox West, and Hendersonville. Any game against one of these teams will be a test.

I don't agree with this at all. HC is capable of getting put out in any round now if they don't play to their potential. Then again, they are also state contenders if they do play to their potential. But to say the road to state will be a breeze is just ignorant. There are some quality teams in the state including Ridgeway, Powell, Knox West, and Hendersonville. Any game against one of these teams will be a test.

I too agree with this...however..I do not want to seem as babbling by the Red Warrior. Remember..I'm just a by stander and loyal fan....he is the legendary former coach! He very well may know more than the rest of us...however...no one has yet proved him wrong.

Doesn't sound like the Red Warrior of old...generally was far less boastful and has not reminded anyone of the fact that he is a former coach of some 30 years...That being said..Henry best be well prepared to play a group of exceptional athletes, particularly in the skill positions. Your defense must be complete for R'Way will stretch you horizontally and vertically. They will run at you and around you, throw short and deep. I am amazed at such little respect you are giving them. You better remember.."It happens to someone every Friday, Saturday and Sunday!" Won't be surprised if it happens to you!

Doesn't sound like the Red Warrior of old...generally was far less boastful and has not reminded anyone of the fact that he is a former coach of some 30 years...That being said..Henry best be well prepared to play a group of exceptional athletes, particularly in the skill positions. Your defense must be complete for R'Way will stretch you horizontally and vertically. They will run at you and around you, throw short and deep. I am amazed at such little respect you are giving them. You better remember.."It happens to someone every Friday, Saturday and Sunday!" Won't be surprised if it happens to you!

We heard the same thing about Fairley year in and year out...and it was correct. They were loaded with talent, D1 prospects, the QB could throw, and they had speed galore. We throttled them every year. Same thing will happen this Friday. We will destroy this team up front...they aren't as good up front as Fairley 2005-2009 and we are better up front than we were then. You are right, upsets occur each week...on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But it will take a cataclysmic event for Ridgeway to even make this game close!

I too agree with this...however..I do not want to seem as babbling by the Red Warrior. Remember..I'm just a by stander and loyal fan....he is the legendary former coach! He very well may know more than the rest of us...however...no one has yet proved him wrong.

Thanks for cutting back on the babbling...a man can only take so much babbling on any given day. As a said in my post just before this one...it will take a cataclysmic event to make this game even close...Ridgeway will be totally outclassed...especially up front...NO CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We heard the same thing about Fairley year in and year out...and it was correct. They were loaded with talent, D1 prospects, the QB could throw, and they had speed galore. We throttled them every year. Same thing will happen this Friday. We will destroy this team up front...they aren't as good up front as Fairley 2005-2009 and we are better up front than we were then. You are right, upsets occur each week...on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But it will take a cataclysmic event for Ridgeway to even make this game close!

Sir,

Fairley has NEVER been ONE GAME AWAY from the State Title game as Ridgeway was last season. Fairley has not had a returning Mr. Football Finalist in recent history (2000-present) as Ridgeway does. I'm saying all this to say that the '05-'09 Fairley teams that you would like to compare Ridgeway to are NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL... AT ALL :shock:

Ridgeway brought back an offense minus 2 or 3 guys that was undefeated thru 13 games last season! Their Defense is not the same but their O is so explosive that they could very easily win a track meet all the way to the State. Kind of like how Memphis East did in the 99-00 season when they won the 4A State Title. I recently looked at some of their scores from that year and they gave up a ton of points but the had Brandon Wright and some other SUPER Fast Backs :motorbike: on that team and they Ran/out scored folks all the way to the State Title beating Maryville in the championship game.

My point is Fairley's program is not on the same level as Ridgeway's. Ridgeway got a bit more in store for those Patriots than you want to believe... :ph34r:

The Fairley teams you played several years back do in no way compare to the team you will see Friday. This team would run circles around Fairley. You will not be able to simply concentrate on stopping 1 thing..either the run or pass, for R'Way does both and can score both ways. Add the threat of big plays in the kicking game and I say again..You will need to have an outstanding defensive effort to win. Henry's performance against Munford and then N'East should cause rise for concern!

The Fairley teams you played several years back do in no way compare to the team you will see Friday. This team would run circles around Fairley. You will not be able to simply concentrate on stopping 1 thing..either the run or pass, for R'Way does both and can score both ways. Add the threat of big plays in the kicking game and I say again..You will need to have an outstanding defensive effort to win. Henry's performance against Munford and then N'East should cause rise for concern!

Henry County's "defense" gave up 7 points to Northeast and 7 points to Munford....exactly what "concerns" should we have in regards to the past two games in reference to Ridgeway?