Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

Ridgeway commitments: RB-Jaylen Walton Ole Miss WR-Sheldon Dawson Memphis Tigers

Need to include OT Cordele Boyd to Arkansas. (6-3 300) The 6-3 Qb Golden is said to be considering the Hogs also. On defense they have a 6-5 DE who will also go d-1, cannot remember his name. Dawson was the backup RB last year and is bigger than Walton. Look for them to use 3 and 4 wide sets to spread HC out.

Why hasn't the TSSAA done anything about the guy who got arrested? Why hasn't the program done anything about it! That kid should be suspended a game, if I were Poteete I'd bring it up with the board and see what's going on behind that. That's not right to play a kid who gets arrested the night before gameday for being stupid he should be inside getting rested up and focusing on that.

Here are the facts about both teams:

Hc-very good defense, outstanding running game, not a strong schedule

Ridgeway - not as good defensively as last year, sub par kicking game, best offensive talent in the state period.

Hc has to have the mindset to score on every possession, the roadrunners are that good on offense.

Concerns: HC has lost several years in a row as a pretty heavy favorite in the playoffs, will the

schedule catch up with them

Ridgeway: Will the lack of a kicking game cost them like last year, can they score enough to win?

In my opinion these are the 2 best teams left in 5-A, the winner will be the favorite for the gold ball.

HC 38 Roadrunners 31

i agree with u, who ever win this game will bring home the gold ball.

Haha I can not stand Whitehaven because of the rivalary, but there is no way Henry CO would last 3 quarters with those guys and as far as White Station, maybe just maybe you could beat those guys depending on how fast they start, Henry has probably their best team in the past 6 or 7 years but still not as good as they seem.

Well scooter, you don't know Henry County Football if you think we wouldn't last with them. We would last just fine, an entire game. This is the best team in my opinion that has come through HC, and we are much better than you think. Nonetheless, this is about Ridgeway @ Henry County. The only way Whitehaven factors in is because they played early in the season. The WH Defense is comparable to the HC defense. So make your own conclusions about that...

Well scooter, you don't know Henry County Football if you think we wouldn't last with them. We would last just fine, an entire game. This is the best team in my opinion that has come through HC, and we are much better than you think. Nonetheless, this is about Ridgeway @ Henry County. The only way Whitehaven factors in is because they played early in the season. The WH Defense is comparable to the HC defense. So make your own conclusions about that...

I believe that Henry is one of the best teams in 5A, learned that from experience from my years playing against them, so a lot of respect for the program. Even though they beat the memphis teams more times than not, it just always seems that they are overwhelemed everytime in the beginning of game, thats why I say if they start fast and withstand the adjustments that the good coaches from Henry usually make, they will win the game, as far as the Whitehaven coment is was directed to the few that believes that Henry is better than Haven my a mile is crazy to me personally. Good luck to both teams and hope both have an injury free game!

Ridgeway 34

Henry Co. 28

After doing some research on the teams that Ridgeway beat I have to agree with Red Warrior. Minus the teams they lost to, craigmont was probably their strongest opponent and that was a rough game for them. This upcoming game will probably have the feel of when we played Beech or Dickson this year. God forbide any injuries from happening in this game but to let Ridgeway know how rough this game is going to be ..... The last 3 games played at home resulted in a player from each opposing team being taken in an ambulance to the ER. Its not going to be a stroll in the park like you're used to. Like I said GOD FORBID ANY INJURIES from happening in this game. Speaking of that has anyone heard from any of those injured young men specifically the one from Munford? HC35 RW21 Friday night is going to be CRAZY! :popcorneater:

Edited by Free2speak

I did not go last week but am looking forward to attending this week. Glad I skipped last week. I just didn't want to sit and watch a game that would never have any doubt (and winning 30-7 plus 17 penalties proves it was never in doubt) Big Red Nation will be excited this week but I do not see a very good game. Looking at the schedule as many others have I see a 42 - 14 type game. Good Luck to the Big Red and congrats to the young men out there playing. They are fun to watch and I look forward to a trip to Cookeville!

I did not go last week but am looking forward to attending this week. Glad I skipped last week. I just didn't want to sit and watch a game that would never have any doubt (and winning 30-7 plus 17 penalties proves it was never in doubt) Big Red Nation will be excited this week but I do not see a very good game. Looking at the schedule as many others have I see a 42 - 14 type game. Good Luck to the Big Red and congrats to the young men out there playing. They are fun to watch and I look forward to a trip to Cookeville!

This is a very disturbing post! I was wondering who the "voluntary no-shows" were...and I guess I just learned of one. Do you know by doing this..your actions have a very negative impact on HCHS and it's opponents?? If you won't even come to Patriot Stadium to watch a playoff game....my guess is that you won't spend the time, effort, or money to go watch them IF they make it to Cookeville.