Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

Ok, in some opinions Ridgeway played a tougher schedule, big question mark, they played 2 teams that are pretty good and what I would call better than any we played at HC, however the rest of the schedule was not so tough. The folks from Memphis do not know about our district other than we dominated the district. I have never been much on common opponents because it really is meaningless, but just to throw some thoughts out there about our district and your schedule.

White station beat Ridgeway handily

East beat white station by seven

North East out of Clarksville beat East by scoring 42 points on them

we beat Northeast by a combined score in two games 93-21 fourteen of those points came against our jv in a 63-14 thumping, we held there offense under 70 yards each time we played, the qb alone had over 300 against east

I already have over 2 inches of rain in my gauge with at least 2 more expected tonight. Although sunshine is projected for Thursday and Friday looks like a wet field friday night.The team will be indoors today;hate to lose a day on the field especially since it doesn't appear to be raining in Memphis on weather channel radar.Does anyone have thoughts on how these things will affect Friday's outcome?

GO BIG RED

Forget the field...the only question will be if R'Way has both backs available!

YES we are and that game will be held in Paris Thanksgiving Weekend!

kwc how can you defend any team or defense that gave up 42 in a game? I still say HC 42 RHS 14

I'm not rolling with Ridgeway because I think their defense is going to shut down the Najee Ray and Shaq Allen show. (Wow ... Teague and Dominique all over again ... SMH) Henry County is going to put up some points. No doubt about it. I'm rolling with Ridgeway because I believe in the Dawson/Walton duo and their crew and the defenses thay have faced to get to this point. Someone stated that the only stellar defense they think Ridgeway has faced is Whitehaven. I don't agree. It doesn't matter really becuase it will all be setteled on the field come Friday. I just think the competition Ridgeway has faced has prepared them to play Henry County more then I think the competition Henry County has faced will prepare them for Ridgeway.

This is the quarterfinal 5A game in west TN ... there will be no letdown from either team. Last year Henry County got beat by Hendersonville in the 2nd round after a great season. Last year Ridgeway lost to that same Hendersonville team in the semi-finals. I thought that Ridgeway was a shoe-in last year; but that's why they play the games. Anything can happen.

These are two really good teams. If Henry County beats Ridgeway ... I won't be surprised. Henry County is the favorite, and rightly so. If Ridgeway beats Henry County, I won't be surprised. They are very capable of winning this game. I'm rolling with Ridgeway because I think they CAN win. Then again ... so CAN Henry County. Henry County is LOADED with talent.

I'm just pulling for the team from Memphis. Have fun Friday night guys.

Henry County will try to get the ball and keep it. Since Ridgeway hasn't stopped running attacks all year, I think HC can do that--8 o 12 play drives. FB on quick opening plays.

HC will concentrate on stopping the two TB types--off tackle and counter trey. Golden is a good rollout QB and he is difficult to get down, but the HC secondary is far better than anything else he has seen.It's always a bit of a worry when you pick against speed, but, if you demanded numbers, I would have to say

HC-47; Ridgeway 20.

I disagree wholeheartedly on that comment. You have your opinion and I have mine. You can continue to believe that if you want.

LOL ... you think they won't?

kwc, I know that you are a Whitehaven fan but since there are no apparent Ridgeway posters, could you give us some insight into how well the RW fan base travels? Will they bring their band? Melrose, and to a lesser extent Fairly, brought pretty good crowds and we always enjoyed their bands' performances. Appreciate your input as always.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

There is so much nonFactual garbage in this string I don't know if I can do justice to posting. Of course, though, I will try.

1 What was the point in playing Dallas? We could have come there and ran the clock on you too.

2 Same story, over and over and over. Weak district, too much bragging, etc. Has anyone mentioned we don't have a gold trophy yet?

3 The comment made earlier regarding getting hit then being bashful was not meant to imply that one hard hit causes a player to be bashful all year. The point is: Ridgeway receivers and kick returners, after getting splattered from a direction they did not consider, will not have the same blind motivation to catch passes or run head on into return defensive coverage as prior to the splattering. This will affect their play subsequently in THIS game. They should be fine for the next game, which will be next year.

4 Whitehaven? Whitehaven! Next thing you know, someone will be saying we can't beat the Boston Celtics. Stated another way, what does Whitehaven have to do with 2011 Patriot Football?

5 How many points have been scored on HC STARTERS this year? Ridgeway STARTERS?

6 Note to Patriot players: Just do what you do.

7 Note to Coach T posters: Subsequent posts will be thoroughly scanned for FactsOnly.

8 Red Warrior's posts will not be scanned . . . they will be considered correct as stated.

Edited by FactsOnly

Here are the facts about both teams:

Hc-very good defense, outstanding running game, not a strong schedule

Ridgeway - not as good defensively as last year, sub par kicking game, best offensive talent in the state period.

Hc has to have the mindset to score on every possession, the roadrunners are that good on offense.

Concerns: HC has lost several years in a row as a pretty heavy favorite in the playoffs, will the

schedule catch up with them

Ridgeway: Will the lack of a kicking game cost them like last year, can they score enough to win?

In my opinion these are the 2 best teams left in 5-A, the winner will be the favorite for the gold ball.

HC 38 Roadrunners 31

This is a good post but it has its problems.

1 Our schedule is getting stronger with every subsequent playoff win. Does that count?

2 The Roadrunners will not score on every possession. We probably will, they will not.

3 This year's HC team has not lost several years in a row as a pretty heavy favorite in the playoffs.

4 Make no mistake, Henry County's mindset is to score on every possession, our possessions and our opponent's possessions.

Edited by FactsOnly

Question only for the Big Red Faithful that think they know football:

Who wins this hypothetical game?

The Big Red Offense vs the Big Red Defense

The offense gets 1 point if they score a TD (no points for FG)

The defense gets 1 point if they get a TO or they keep the Offense out of the endzone.

The first TEAM to 4 wins.

Who ya got. The D or the O?

Question only for the Big Red Faithful that think they know football:

Who wins this hypothetical game?

The Big Red Offense vs the Big Red Defense

The offense gets 1 point if they score a TD (no points for FG)

The defense gets 1 point if they get a TO or they keep the Offense out of the endzone.

The first TEAM to 4 wins.

Who ya got. The D or the O?

I have a very strong opinion that I would rather not say for fear of . . . nevermind, defense.