Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

I stand by everything I have stated so far about this game. Nothing kwc says (I have great respect for his knowledge of Memphis area football)has swayed me at all. The weaknesses we have cannot effectively be attacked by Ridgeway, nor any team who is left. Henry County wins BIG unless we have a game of 6-8 turnovers or an earthquake hits and swallows ONLY a majority of our team, and the Ridgeway team somehow remains intact. This game will be a laugher.

Edited by Red Warrior

I stand by everything I have stated so far about this game. Nothing kwc says (I have great respect for his knowledge of Memphis area football)has swayed me at all. The weaknesses we have cannot effectively be attacked by Ridgeway, nor any team who is left. Henry County wins BIG unless we have a game of 6-8 turnovers or an earthquake hits and swallows ONLY a majority of our team, and the Ridgeway team somehow remains intact. This game will be a laugher.

These are the types of statements that make want to scout this team... Is there any film or highlights that I can youtube because Henry Co. must have the '85 Bears Defense and the '07 New England Offense with Devin Hester or the like on special teams :roflol::rolleyes:

Question only for the Big Red Faithful that think they know football:

Who wins this hypothetical game?

The Big Red Offense vs the Big Red Defense

The offense gets 1 point if they score a TD (no points for FG)

The defense gets 1 point if they get a TO or they keep the Offense out of the endzone.

The first TEAM to 4 wins.

Who ya got. The D or the O?

D

GO BIG RED

These are the types of statements that make want to scout this team... Is there any film or highlights that I can youtube because Henry Co. must have the '85 Bears Defense and the '07 New England Offense with Devin Hester or the like on special teams :roflol::rolleyes:

Najee Ray highlights:

Shaquille Allen highlights:

Edited by kwc

No Hester but a Randell Cobb look-alike!!!!

GO BIG RED

FactsOnly...here is a question for you, RedWarrior,and the Olddevil;

Question: Would you rather win a regular season high school football game or lose it? (whether at home or on the road)

That being asked...I will refer back to the "age old arguement" that Henry County's schedule is "weak" as it compares to other teams...(this week as it compares to Ridgeway).

Many confuse "tough schedule" with "success against a tough schedule"..as have many of our Memphis brethren. Again...Ridgeway has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record in the regular season! Those are Southwind and Germantown (7-3 & 6-4 respectively). The Patriots have defeated 5 teams with a winning record. (one of which was 8-2(Dickson County)). The Roadrunners "WINS" have come against teams with a combined 30-42 record. One "Memphis Coachter" stated "Ridgeway plays mostly 6A teams while Henry County mostly plays 5A teams." For the record, Dallas Skyline is a 4A team from Texas...nonetheless...with wins over Kirby, Wooddale, Houston, and Collierville,...it doesn't matter if they are 5A, 6A, or 10A....they aren't even .500! The only "challenges" that the Roadrunners have faced this entire season leading up to the playoffs have been White Station (6-4), Skyline (10-0), and Whitehaven (10-0) and they have faultered in each game!

This whole idea of "schedule difficulty" is laughable in the context that many refer to it! When success is "acheived" against these teams...then you can beat your chest about the schedule! Until then.....spare the wise on this forum!

Question: Would you rather win a regular season high school football game or lose it? (whether at home or on the road)

That being asked...I will refer back to the "age old arguement" that Henry County's schedule is "weak" as it compares to other teams...(this week as it compares to Ridgeway).

Many confuse "tough schedule" with "success against a tough schedule"..as have many of our Memphis brethren. Again...Ridgeway has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record in the regular season! Those are Southwind and Germantown (7-3 & 6-4 respectively). The Patriots have defeated 5 teams with a winning record. (one of which was 8-2(Dickson County)). The Roadrunners "WINS" have come against teams with a combined 30-42 record. One "Memphis Coachter" stated "Ridgeway plays mostly 6A teams while Henry County mostly plays 5A teams." For the record, Dallas Skyline is a 4A team from Texas...nonetheless...with wins over Kirby, Wooddale, Houston, and Collierville,...it doesn't matter if they are 5A, 6A, or 10A....they aren't even .500! The only "challenges" that the Roadrunners have faced this entire season leading up to the playoffs have been White Station (6-4), Skyline (10-0), and Whitehaven (10-0) and they have faultered in each game!

This whole idea of "schedule difficulty" is laughable in the context that many refer to it! When success is "acheived" against these teams...then you can beat your chest about the schedule! Until then.....spare the wise on this forum!

I think you mean well Prez, but your post is a babbling mess! I have been confused, and reconfused...and then scattered ever since I attempted to read it. Let me say what I have ALWAYS said...toughness of schedule is OVERRATED!!! We chose to play Beech rather than Humboldt to toughen our schedule and stop losing to teams from Middle Tennessee supposedly. If that was our rationale, then we are foolish. The fact is...Humboldt is likely better than Beech...BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER! The better team will win nine times out of ten, and you can't do anything about the tenth time. If Ridgeway wins...two things will be true...ONE...they are better than HC...TWO...I will be SHOCKED!!! If HC wins ONE thing will be true...HC is better than Ridgeway. It will have NOTHING to do with strength of schedule...PERIOD...END OF STORY!!! Ridgeway is good...but not in our league.

Edited by Red Warrior

I've already stated I think HC wins 42 - 14 this week so you know how I feel. Prez you are a "babbler" for sure. Big problem with saying that we have beaten five teams with a winning record is three of those teams Springfield, NE, and Clarksville got 5 of there wins winning in our SORRY district. Dist. 10 stinks, 5A is down this year and We ARE THAT GOOD!!