Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

You misunderstand the essence of my post...I fully expect you to support your Memphis schools...in this case Ridgeway. I fully expect you to make a case for them to win against HC. I agree with you that the Ridgeway schedule is much tougher than ours. I agree that Ridgeway will be the best team we have played. Where we disagree is as follows...the toughness of schedule is IRRELEVANT...HC is VASTLY superior to Ridgeway. There is a way for a certain type of team to beat HC...Ridgeway isn't one of them. Ridgeway is incapable of putting HC into the one position that would put our season at risk.

Red Warrior:

I understood the essence of your post. That was my way of agreeing with your comment. I'm a Memphis fan ... I'm supporting the Memphis team. I'm not going to support Henry County if I think the Memphis team has a chance to win. I think Ridgeway has a chance to win. Plain and simple. After this game, I will support the representative from west TN.

Sounds to me if you're trying to convince the Henry people! Read your posts for years and yours concerning this game are very uncharacteristic for a coach of some 30 years. You better fear SPEED! There's a reason they say it KILLS! Henry has had some exceptional teams over the past and has YET to make it to the dance...There has to be a reason..That reson is simple..It takes a lot of things to happen to bring home the gold and they simply haven't fallen HC's way over the past. Ball has to bounce right..Injury free with respect to key personnel, got to find a way to win when you're not playing your best...and finally, got to have some LUCK! If Ridgeway comes in with a healthy team...You've got a load to deal with! Bank on it!

C

I hope the Ridgeway football team expects Henry County to be as slow as you think we are.

I hope the Ridgeway football team expects Henry County to be as slow as you think we are.

Let me give you a reference point. Please understand this reference point is my opinion, not a fact that can be substantiated. I'd welcome QBCPrez's, OldDevil's, and anyone who followed the 2008 team closely to give their opinion on this topic.

Some of you have gone so far as to post YouTube links of Marsalis Teague and Dominique Allen. I hesitantly assume this is done in homage in part to the Fact they were fast.

Consider this:

1 Most of us agree Najee Ray is faster than Marsalis Teague.

2 Most of us agree Shaquille Allen is faster than Dominique Allen.

3 This year's wide receiver corps is faster than the 2008 team.

4 This year's secondary is the fastest I've seen in the past 15 years.

Facts:

Speed is not our greatest asset.

Our overall team speed is not inferior to Ridgeway's.

I, as a middle aged man, can run with either team in ankle deep mud.

Let me give you a reference point. Please understand this reference point is my opinion, not a fact that can be substantiated. I'd welcome QBCPrez's, OldDevil's, and anyone who followed the 2008 team closely to give their opinion on this topic.

Some of you have gone so far as to post YouTube links of Marsalis Teague and Dominique Allen. I hesitantly assume this is done in homage in part to the Fact they were fast.

Consider this:

Facts:

I agree with points 2 thru 4. Not so sure about #1. As for the ankle deep mud, include me out!!

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Consider this:

Facts:

Glad you put the disclaimer about opinions on this one.

1,2,3 are incorrect - but not by much

4 ?? don't know how many secondaries you have seen the last 15 years.

It's the 'D' that makes this team different, although i expect Ridgeway to have a few big plays and score some points.

It's the 'D' that makes this team different, although i expect Ridgeway to have a few big plays and score some points.

1 I have seen all the secondaries the last 15 years and prior.

2 It is the D that makes this team different.

You definitely better expect some big plays by the Roadrunners! They're gonna happen. Ball game will be decided by turnovers! Can Henry maintain ball control thus controlling clock and field position and score. If they do, will be hard to beat. BUT, turn the ball over, give up a big scoring play and Roadrunners will be hard to beat. In case you are interested, (just for fun) check out Tn HS Football Power Rankings..Sonny Moore! Seems like he gives the Roadrunners a chance sine RWAY is ranked AHEAD of Henry! Will look forward to this game. Should be a doozy!

Consider this:

Facts:

I too agree with points 2-4...as does the Olddevil! As far as point 1 is concerned...both are "speedy"! Which I would pick in a head to head?..given my luck at gambling...I'd probably lose! Furthermore....I agree with you that speed is NOT our greatest asset even though we have plenty of it. The physical nature of our line play is in my opinion "one of the greatest" assets. The list can merely start from there!

I too agree with points 2-4...as does the Olddevil! As far as point 1 is concerned...both are "speedy"! Which I would pick in a head to head?..given my luck at gambling...I'd probably lose! Furthermore....I agree with you that speed is NOT our greatest asset even though we have plenty of it. The physical nature of our line play is in my opinion "one of the greatest" assets. The list can merely start from there!

Don't misunderstand me. I believe Najee wins a 40 yard dash. Marsalis was the greatest onfield high school football offensive player I've seen. His gift was his inability to be tackled, not his speed. Again, my opinion.

Don't misunderstand me. I believe Najee wins a 40 yard dash. Marsalis was the greatest onfield high school football offensive player I've seen. His gift was his inability to be tackled, not his speed. Again, my opinion.

Interesting fact: #7 is not the fastest Patriot !! And after #7, #34 is not next fastest!! Let's keep this little secret in house.

GO BIG RED

After a night's rest I've decided to stick with my pick of Ridgeway over Henry Co. by a TD. For all of the size and Strength up front for the Pats I believe the Roadrunners got just as much Size and Athletism up front. I do Believe Ridgeway will have a few issues with #7 Ray and #34 Shaq Allen. However, I see Henry Co.'s defense having even more Problems with DAWSON!!! The Defense may have eyes on Walton all night long taking the "#3 aint gonna beat us" approach, but Dawson only needs a sliver of daylight and he's GONE like Gun smoke :ph34r: Either way I believe both Defenses will give up some big plays and make some big plays. I just think Sheldon Dawson got something for Henry Co that yall are unaware of....

Now I've seen the scuttlebutt that one of the backs might be out. If that's the case

*Disclaimer Alert*

Henry Co. 42- Ridgeway 14 :unsure:

I'm betting Both Walton and Dawson play and win by a TD though :motorbike::popcorneater: