Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

It's not hard to say "Coach we don't want you anymore". Have you been reading these post? Come over to Kingsport and here what people are talking about. You've been to DB games and you know how we feel about our football team. I've never seen this many mad people over here. I think the Greenville Boy is the only fan he has left.

WaCo . . . I understand, (to a certain extent) but he will be hard to replace. I know I am an outsider and I know emotions are running high right now in Kingsport. But, standing back and looking at Coach Clark's body of work on the football field and off the field. I for one have a huge respect for the football program at Dobyns-Bennett. It's a very successful and classy program. Nothing wrong with wanting to achieve to the next level. We all should strive for that.

You all at D-B have something special there. Be careful not to lose sight of what you have, when your emotions are high. Lynch mobs can be a dangerous thing.

All you've done is prove that I'm right about you and your real message in that post. You don't have enough courage to stand up for changes that will move this program forward out of the stagnation it's in. How many players do we have to loose next year to convince you? How may fans have to call it quits to convince you? How much more laughing and taunting by the DB haters? What I hear from most of these folks here is loyalty to DB, the football program, and the tradition - not to the current coaches. Not so from you. You have to get your football fix regardless of the price. They want to see the program move forward. Dang, I can't believe how much respect I have for Waco, Art, and others right now.

Yes,I'll get my football fix by getting my tickets next year.It makes a lot of sense to stay at home and not support the team to make a point.I be fort patrick dam if I'll let some visiting fan from South or somewhere have my seats to try and run off a coach that I respect .If that's how some fans want to prove a point,let them have at it.Who cares what DB haters think.I want the program to move forward to,but I'm not staying at home and will be supporting the boys that want TO play for DB.

Edited by BatmanDB

I think the biggest problem with Clark is that he has been to nice. When you look through the last few years he has been playing players especially seniors who shouldn't be out there because their parents are on the quarterback club or whatever. Furhtermore, it seems like he is to loyal to his staff. For years we have complained about the secondary and they brought in Teddy Gaines but he had to take a backseat to the coach in place. I do think he needs to get an offensive coordinator to help and to make some changes in his staff. Because when you look at our coaching staff truly theres only one assistant who has played at a high level and that was at Georgia Southern when they were winning championships. Furthermore, I've been debating if we are winning off of just having the better athletes or from preparation and I was wondering what others thought.

Edited by hssportsfanatic

I think the biggest problem with Clark is that he has been to nice. When you look through the last few years he has been playing players especially seniors who shouldn't be out there because their parents are on the quarterback club or whatever. Furhtermore, it seems like he is to loyal to his staff. For years we have complained about the secondary and they brought in Teddy Gaines but he had to take a backseat to the coach in place. I do think he needs to get an offensive coordinator to help and to make some changes in his staff. Because when you look at our coaching staff truly theres only one assistant who has played at a high level and that was at Georgia Southern when they were winning championships. Furthermore, I've been debating if we are winning off of just having the better athletes or from preparation and I was wondering what others thought.

I liked Teddy when he was helping coach at DB,he really seems like a very nice guy and knows the game very well.He and coach Holt seen me at my worst during a freshman-jv game trip to Sevier county. Funny later,but not that day.

Edited by BatmanDB

no coach puts in more time than coach clark, after the science hill game, he stayed and studied film on jefferson county till 230 am, preparation is not the problem, if you were at the sevier county game the team came out loose and prepared ran their offense, you have two types of coaching phylosophy get a big lead and keep playing or try and not make mistakes and run the clock out, if you want the clock to run when we were up 28 should have been trying to get to 35 let the clock take care of its self, coaching phylosophys rarely change its in your dna, look at steve spurrier his coaching style is stop me if you can but im not going to stop myself, i understand games when your just better than your opponent you get a big lead and put your subs in, but not when your play someone who on a given day is as good as you, the sad part is you dont even recognise or take any blame for what happen, to a man the players love coach clark thats what makes it hard they cant figure out what happened they know who should be getting the ball, the fans do to thats why they are on here, if your my age i can take you back to db vs gallatin in basketball with the great buck van huss built a big lead tried to stall the ball and lost i was 7 yrs old and rem it till this day one rainy night in knoxville for state championship so we db fans no all about comebacks and trying to run the clock out

Everything's in place to win it all next year.

I think this is about the 10th year straight someone has made this kind of post about DB. <_<

Folks in the far east wonder why a BUNCH of folks in the rest of the state do not have that much respect or FEAR of ANY team besides Maryville, Oak Ridge and Alcoa! Until you get past the third round, you are NOT that good.

I think this is about the 10th year straight someone has made this kind of post about DB. <_<

Folks in the far east wonder why a BUNCH of folks in the rest of the state do not have that much respect or FEAR of ANY team besides Maryville, Oak Ridge and Alcoa! Until you get past the third round, you are NOT that good.

Fulton? Catholic? Austin-East? Greeneville? Mo West?

Fulton? Catholic? Austin-East? Greeneville? Mo West?

With the exception of Alcoa (which does beat 6A teams) I was talking about 6A football.

Everybody keeps talking about the large population in Middle Tn vs the East, but last time I checked schools being in the same class are about the same size. I will add that we have more of them to spread the talent around though, but we still seem to get to the big dance a BUNCH.

I 'think' one of the teams you mentioned came to middle Tn and got beat by the team that is the bottom feeder of 7AAA though.

Edited by Lost Old Dad