Whitehaven vs WhiteStation

dannyq

Go read post #11 in this thread. Do some research before you throw out the R word. The sad thing is, you have no idea what my ethnicity is and yet you say I have made a racist remark.

Your claim is a far greater indication of who you are versus what you are trying to say of me. :thumb:

Respect da logic

Why would your ethnicity matter?

When WS won the state in 09, they beat us twice that year. By 20 points in the regular season, and by 4 points in the quarterfinals. They went on to beat Brentwood in the semis and Maryville in the final. By far, in those playoffs, Whitehaven gave them the toughest game. I think this game will be a hard fought game. I think Whitehaven can win ... but it's harder to beat a good opponent twice in the same season ... but as White Station proved in 09, it can be done.

Ahhh, the memories! :mrgreen:

Actually, the Brentwood game was every bit as difficult as the Whitehaven game that preceded it. Both games went to the wire, were won late in the 4th quarter. The Maryville game was actually somewhat anti-climatic.

None the less, your point is well taken,....defeating the same opponent twice in a season is difficult, but it has happened.

I think that Whitehaven will win this game. Although it is hard to beat an opponet twice in the same season Whitestation beat Whitehaven twice in 09, and just last year whitehaven beat Whitestation twice in the same year. Anything can happen in sports, but given the recent history of games between these two opponets there is no earthly reason to believe Whitehaven will not win this game. Since the plafoffs started I have felt like their is a negative tone towards Whitehaven on this board almost like people are looking for any reason to root aganst the black and gold. No one on this board should be suprised if Whitehaven wins Friday night. If you have really looked at these two teams play their is nothing to suggset anything other than a Whitehaven victory by 2 or 3 TD's, same as the previous 3 meetings.

• Upvote 1

I think that Whitehaven will win this game. Although it is hard to beat an opponet twice in the same season Whitestation beat Whitehaven twice in 09, and just last year whitehaven beat Whitestation twice in the same year. Anything can happen in sports, but given the recent history of games between these two opponets there is no earthly reason to believe Whitehaven will not win this game. Since the plafoffs started I have felt like their is a negative tone towards Whitehaven on this board almost like people are looking for any reason to root aganst the black and gold. No one on this board should be suprised if Whitehaven wins Friday night. If you have really looked at these two teams play their is nothing to suggset anything other than a Whitehaven victory by 2 or 3 TD's, same as the previous 3 meetings.

I hear you HAVEN4LIFE, but ... they are ...

White 'freakin' Station. They have been the thorn in our side for a few years now. I don't know, maybe I'm having Julian Burton flashbacks or something! <_<

Whew ... I'm so glad that young man has graduated!

:roflol:

Whitehaven has the BEST athletes in the state year after year. Yet every year they have been beaten by lesser talented teams in the play-offs. Whitehaven gets gets beaten because of coaching. They have talent, but their coaching is lacking. Everyone knows it! Every coach in the state wished they had the kind of talent Whitehaven has, but leave it up to their staff to blow it!

Whitehaven has the BEST athletes in the state year after year. Yet every year they have been beaten by lesser talented teams in the play-offs. Whitehaven gets gets beaten because of coaching. They have talent, but their coaching is lacking. Everyone knows it! Every coach in the state wished they had the kind of talent Whitehaven has, but leave it up to their staff to blow it!

KnoxReb:

The 2010 Smyrna Bulldogs were not a lesser talented team. Neither were the 2009 White Station Spartans. (Ask Maryville) The current staff at Whitehaven began putting the culture in place since 2006. Do your due diligence and track Whitehaven's playoff record since 2006 to date and see their yearly improvement. As a fan and alum of Whitehaven, you couldn't ask for anything more. It's just a matter of time before we win our first state title in football in 6A. Then ... Katy bar the door after we cross that threshold.

KnoxReb:

The 2010 Smyrna Bulldogs were not a lesser talented team. Neither were the 2009 White Station Spartans. (Ask Maryville) The current staff at Whitehaven began putting the culture in place since 2006. Do your due diligence and track Whitehaven's playoff record since 2006 to date and see their yearly improvement. As a fan and alum of Whitehaven, you couldn't ask for anything more. It's just a matter of time before we win our first state title in football in 6A. Then ... Katy bar the door after we cross that threshold.

Symrna, White Station, Maryville, East, Ridgeway and Melrose have all won the State Championship! Whitehaven has not won it! Whitehaven has more D1 players than anyone in the state but still hasn't won the title! In fact, Whitehaven had NEVER made it beyond the quarterfinals before last season! Whitehaven's coaches have failed!

Symrna, White Station, Maryville, East, Ridgeway and Melrose have all won the State Championship! Whitehaven has not won it! Whitehaven has more D1 players than anyone in the state but still hasn't won the title! In fact, Whitehaven had NEVER made it beyond the quarterfinals before last season! Whitehaven's coaches have failed!

1 starts 1 Million.

Just win one before you tell us how great the Whitehaven program is! How many years did I take "da haven" to get beyond the state quarterfinals? Real impressive!

What a pathetic joke!

Your type! You will be remembered! You will be the one who still won't give Whitehaven its due respect even after we win one so why are you even on the Whitehaven vs. White Station board? <_<:huh:

Go worry about Seiver Co. and then the Winner of Riverdale vs. Oak Ridge... Maybe 8-)

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Just win one before you tell us how great the Whitehaven program is! How many years did I take "da haven" to get beyond the state quarterfinals? Real impressive!

What a pathetic joke!

Once again, why such an angry tone? why so much hate? You must be a melrose Alum. You have had your time to shine. Let everyone shine just a little O' great ones from Orange Mound. Or do you rep the county schools that just cant seem to get by WhiteHaven or WhiteStation. Either way it is not easy to win championships. Everything has to be just right. And, I do agree to some extent coaching overall in the Memphis area needs to be better. As stated by Senator I have also witnessed this coaching staff get better every year.

Your type! You will be remembered! You will be the one who still won't give Whitehaven its due respect even after we win one so why are you even on the Whitehaven vs. White Station board? <_<:huh:

Go worry about Seiver Co. and then the Winner of Riverdale vs. Oak Ridge... Maybe 8-)

Don't be so quick to label KnoxReb as a Maryville fan. I don't know for certain that he/she is or not, but there are many schools in Knoxville and surrounding areas that have "Rebels" as their mascot. :thumb:

Edited by RebelWildcat