Big Games in Memphis

kwc

It would of been nice to see what #36 could of done against Whitehaven's D! Too bad for you guys that yall stuff in MOTH BALLS :roflol:

It matters not how you or anyone else feels about me or the 2011 Whitehaven Tigers football team. I don't call any plays or make any plays. In between those White lines is where the game will be decided. Millington folks, County School fans keep picking against Whitehaven. (in ghetto-ese) It aint gonna get ya nowhere...

RESPECT DA HAVEN

The Millington fans always talk about Genesy. I like him, but who is #28 and what year is he?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

# 28 is a Jr., Antonio Webber, watch this kid..he will be one of the best backs in Shelby County next year.

Picks:

Whitehaven beats Whitestation

Henry County beats Ridgeway (could be real close)

Dresden beats Westwood

Harding beats St Georges

Ensworth beats MUS

Baylor beats CBHS

Would like to see every team in Shelby county win.

Does anyone know if there will be a memphis radio station doin the ridgeway/henry co game?

The Memphis City Schools has a radio station. It's FM 88.5. I do not know the call letters off of the top of my head. They do go to high school games during the season. They will pick a 'local' game however. The Henry County/Ridgeway game is being played in Paris, TN. They WON'T be at that game. They most likely will attend and broadcast the Whitehaven/White Station game.

The Memphis City Schools has a radio station. It's FM 88.5. I do not know the call letters off of the top of my head. They do go to high school games during the season. They will pick a 'local' game however. The Henry County/Ridgeway game is being played in Paris, TN. They WON'T be at that game. They most likely will attend and broadcast the Whitehaven/White Station game.

Internet coverage is on wmufradio.com for the HCHS RWHS game.

Edited by wingman

1) White Station (8-4) @ Whitehaven (12-0)

This is the game that I, personally, didn't want to see happen but I figured it was going to. No one said it would be easy for Whitehaven to get to Cookeville but we havce to see "the New Age" Rival AGAIN! Good Grief :wacko:

This game will come down to who comes out and plays loose! Will Whitehaven Feel the pressure of being the so-called "favorite" or will White Station still have thoughts in their head about losing the last 3 match ups! It's gonna be real interesting to see which team comes out and plays like there's no tomorrow while also keeping a fair balance that it's just a FOOTBALL game, so win or lose, the world won't end. This game will be 95% mental and 5 % physical. Yall Know where my Heart is... And with that said I bid you ado with...

RESPECT DA HAVEN

2) Ridgeway (9-3) @ Henry County (12-0)

I've been on the Henry Co. message board stirring the pot so to speak but my official analysis will be that I honestly don't know much about Henry Co., but I do know this about Ridgeway and Coach Sutton... He's got his guys on a mission. That early season 1-3 record was done purposely, IMHO, by Sutton to make sure his boys remain Hungry and not get Cocky. Not saying that's how they were against Hendersonville last season but it's possible. You never know how 14-18 year olds will be. Ridgeway wins a wild one in which their Defense gets the stop or two needed to hold of Henry Co....

Ridgeway 41 - Henry Co. 35

3) Dresden (10-2) @ Westwood (7-4)

Westwood will be competitive in this game but they may have met their match in this one, however because I don't know much about Dresden I'll roll with our neighbors to the Southwest of Whitehaven because of a LONG BUS RIDE and some old school Longhorn Pride (Damien Dodson where ya at, Kenton Evans where ya at, Darrell Williams where ya at :D )...

Dresden 21 - Westwood 26

4) St. George's (9-3) @ Harding Acadamy (9-2)

Harding Academy by 13

5) Ensworth (10-1) @ MUS (8-3)

MUS by 3

6) CBHS (9-2) @ Baylor (10-1)

Baylor by 10

To all the Henry Co. peps, its all love! Just like yall hyping up what yall know (The Pats) that's what I'm doing. Friday Night can't get here fast enough.

p.s.(G-Town, Millington, Arlington, Brighton) Where all the County Schools at??? ^_^

I have decided to stay with Rigdeway over Henry Co. at the above mentioned score... A slowed track won't make a team that's already FASTER than you move at the same speed as you. As a matter of fact if Ridgeway is slowed up I'm pretty sure that means Henry Co. will be too. That's called logic right there :mrgreen:

I have decided to stay with Rigdeway over Henry Co. at the above mentioned score... A slowed track won't make a team that's already FASTER than you move at the same speed as you. As a matter of fact if Ridgeway is slowed up I'm pretty sure that means Henry Co. will be too. That's called logic right there :mrgreen:

:roflol:

Yes ... I think it is!

:roflol:

# 28 is a Jr., Antonio Webber, watch this kid..he will be one of the best backs in Shelby County next year.

Picks:

Whitehaven beats Whitestation

Henry County beats Ridgeway (could be real close)

Dresden beats Westwood

Harding beats St Georges

Ensworth beats MUS

Baylor beats CBHS

Would like to see every team in Shelby county win.

I think #28 is something special. I agree.

I also agree with that dannyq. And not just because I'm a Millington Fan. Actually he has got the style that probably the Senator and others like to see in their requirements to be considered a "great" back.

It's all about preference. One of my favorite RB to come out of Whitehaven a few years back wasn't flashy at all. He worked his way up through the ranks. He didn't have blazing speed but he was fast enough. He wasn't a full back type, but he was a punishing runner. He didn't set any records. He didn't consistantly break off runs greater then 15 yards. But he is still one of my favorites. He got you the tough yards. He was very dependable when he was healthy. He led by example and you loved his work ethic. I can't remember his name but I remember his 'game'. I simply loved to watch that young man conduct business. He was a joy to watch and cheer.

He wouldn't be considered a "great" back. But ... you couldn't help but put him in the game because when he played, your team usually won. Those guys aren't cut from the same cloth as the rest. They just aren't. You can't help but pull for them. Their effort is genuine and always 100%. Their teamates feed off of them. The crowd is comforted when they see him trot onto the field with his teammates. He has that 'it' factor that you can't put a finger on it or describe it ... BUT ... you know it when you see it.

It's all about preference. One of my favorite RB to come out of Whitehaven a few years back wasn't flashy at all. He worked his way up through the ranks. He didn't have blazing speed but he was fast enough. He wasn't a full back type, but he was a punishing runner. He didn't set any records. He didn't consistantly break off runs greater then 15 yards. But he is still one of my favorites. He got you the tough yards. He was very dependable when he was healthy. He led by example and you loved his work ethic. I can't remember his name but I remember his 'game'. I simply loved to watch that young man conduct business. He was a joy to watch and cheer.

He wouldn't be considered a "great" back. But ... you couldn't help but put him in the game because when he played, your team usually won. Those guys aren't cut from the same cloth as the rest. They just aren't. You can't help but pull for them. Their effort is genuine and always 100%. Their teamates feed off of them. The crowd is comforted when they see him trot onto the field with his teammates. He has that 'it' factor that you can't put a finger on it or describe it ... BUT ... you know it when you see it.

Curtis Marks?

Curtis Marks?

Curtis Marks. I think that’s him. BHS, I wasn't talking about Julius Lewis, even though he was a good one. I think dannyq hit the nail on the head. The guy I’m talking about was about 5'-9/10" and about 210 to 215 lbs. I know he played before Julius Lewis and before Cadillac. I think Cadillac was a sophomore when this guy was a senior, if I remember correctly.

Edited by kwc