11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

Since Jamie Wilson has been the head coach at Harpeth:

Cheatham County is 3-8 all-time against the Indians at CCCHS

Cheatham County is 0-12 all-time against the Indians at HHS (2 first round "satellite" losses)

Cheatham County is 0-1 all-time against the Indians at neutral sites ('05 "consolation" at SCHS)

In fact I remember that some of Barry Mangrum's later teams at Harpeth were also LOADED with the likes of Baker and Goodwin. Cheatham County really went through a struggling period during those years as well under Phillips and Shockley.

I'm going to guess here but I do not believe that Cheatham County has won a boys basketball game at Harpeth since Tim Ray (former CCCHS basketball coach/assistant principal & former SHS AD/assistant principal/principal) was the school's head coach and Ryan Stack was starring for the Cubs (this dates back to 1993-1994). I wish that I were free and I would make a trip to the Ashland City Times to look through the archives to research this statistic but the more I continue to recall the more I start to believe that it's true.

Does Harpeth still sell those "programs" that has the complete history of the school's sports (including scores to games)? Maybe that would be a good place to find when the last time Cheatham County won a game at Harpeth actually took place.

I am predicting that the "streak" mentioned above will come to an end tonight. Cheatham County is playing very well at this stage in the season and I strongly feel like the Cubs are a serious contender to make a run to Murfreesboro.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Current District 11-AA Standings Look As Follows:

1.) Cheatham County: 20-5 (9-0)

2.) Waverly: 14-8 (7-2)

3.) Harpeth: 13-10 (6-4)

4.) Camden: 16-6 (5-5)

4.) Creek Wood: 9-11 (5-5)

6.) Montgomery Central: 5-16 (1-8)

7.) Stewart County: 5-20 (0-9)

Tonight

Cheatham County at Harpeth

Creek Wood at Montgomery Central

Waverly at Stewart County

Camden (BYE)

Monday

Houston County at Montgomery Central

Tuesday

Cheatham County at Waverly

Montgomery Central at Camden

Stewart County at Harpeth

Clarksville Academy at Creek Wood

Thursday

Camden at Carroll Academy

Harpeth at Smyrna

Friday

Camden at Cheatham County

Creek Wood at Waverly

Montgomery Central at Stewart County

Harpeth (BYE)

END OF THE 2011-2012 REGULAR SEASON

I'm pretty sure there's not an All Sports Program anymore at Harpeth. Nor do I think there's a 'Stat Guy' that's really keeping up with it other than the coaches all keep a book. I know Coach Loope has done kept up with stats in the program on the football side of things and I know that Coach Wilson has a handle on points scored on the basketball side of things. I'm not sure baseball has as good of a handle on all time stats. They don't even have our all mid-state and all state guys represented on the Wall of Fame over there from the Frazier era.

I'd like to think that a 11AA team has the capability of making it to Murfreesboro in basketball, but that hasn't been the case since I've been following. The very best 11AA team that I recall was the Waverly team of 2005? They had a great record but came up short getting to state. I haven't seen a team that was close to that team other than the Harpeth teams when Newton was a Jr. and Sr. and the Sycamore teams from around the same era. I might include a Shane Dansby team in the mix. All of those came up short of going to Murfreesboro getting put out by Tyler Smith led Giles County teams or Wayne Chism Bolivar teams or one of the juggernauts from Liberty Tech. Being good in this district does not typically translate with going to Murfreesboro because of the path you have to take to get there. Tough competition East and West region wise and then the substate will have CPA or East Lit waiting in the wings. I don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.

In tonight's action:

Cheatham County beats Harpeth 75-60

Creek Wood beats Montgomery Central 53-50

Waverly beats Stewart County 58-35

The NEW District 11-AA Standings

1.) Cheatham County Cubs: 21-5 (10-0)

2.) Waverly Tigers: 15-8 (8-2)

3.) Harpeth Indians: 13-11 (6-5)

3.) Creek Wood Red Hawks: 10-11 (6-5)

5.) Camden Lions: 16-6 (5-5)

6.) Montgomery Central Indians: 5-17 (1-9)

7.) Stewart County Rebels: 5-21 (0-10)

Next Week's Schedule

Monday

Tuesday

Thursday

Harpeth at Smyrna

Friday

Creek Wood at Waverly

Harpeth (BYE)

This week Cheatham County has won 2 very challenging road contests in hostile environments. On Tuesday night the Cubs got down 9-0 in the early going and clawed their way back into the contest at Creek Wood. In the final quarter, after taking a lead, the Cubs held off a late Creek Wood rally and won. Tonight Cheatham County jumped all over Harpeth early and then a barrage of 3's from the Indians (namely Davis Anderton) put Harpeth ahead in the 3rd quarter by as much as 6. The Cubs rallied behind huge 4th quarter performances by 2 players from their bench (Brady Bose and Wesley Harlan).

The highlights of the night had to be the dunks from Billy Thomas and Jordan Darden from Cheatham County. Darden's dunk on Andrew McWright was simply ridiculous.

There is just 1 week to go for the Cubs (10-0) and with 2 games on the slate Cheatham County is on track to run the table in the district in regular season action. The road wins at Camden, Creek Wood, and Harpeth have all been tough and I expect Tuesday's trip to Waverly to be no different. With that having been said this is a team that is on a mission and right now I don't believe that they feel like there's anyone that can defeat them.

How can anyone argue this after 11 straight wins (victories in 17 of the last 19 overall)?????

I agree in 11AA. Spring Hill, Marshall Co., Giles, CPA and East Lit will prove to be tougher match ups. I see another 1-3 in regions for this district. Parody will not translate to success.

The best thing about the Cubs is their youth. This will be a really good learning experience for them. The run will come down the road in a year or two.

District 11-AA Standings

This Week's Schedule

Monday

Tuesday

Thursday

Harpeth at Smyrna

Friday

Creek Wood at Waverly

Harpeth (BYE)

District 11-AA Standings

This Week's Schedule

Monday

Tuesday

Thursday

Harpeth at Smyrna

Friday

Creek Wood at Waverly

Harpeth (BYE)

What is the tie break if two teams have the same district wins and split against each other.

They go down the list according to seeding and see who won more games against the higher seeds and continue down the line untilt they break the tie. I think its a coin toss after that option is exhausted, but it usually breaks the tie if you compare records against the other 5 teams in the district.