11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is defensive by saying "the Cubs are only focused on Marshall County"? Please explain that to me <_<

If I took this wrong I apologize, your quote "Camden has to go on the road to play a Giles team that is very good. I wouldn't be so quick to chalk that up as a win for the Lions. I wouldn't feel over-confident about playing them in a future matchup if I were Harpeth either."

Yes I am a Camden fan I have alot time invested in the program so yes i want them to do well. Can they beat Giles, yes, will they I dont know. I just know it was a good draw for them not to have to play Springhill in the second round. Thats all.

I picked Camden to beat Giles. I believe that Camden plays best when they get in an up and down type of game with a team that wants to run and jump. Hudson and Culp are very good players and don't have to back away from any type of competition.

I believe that Waverly (with their style of play) could compete with Spring Hill in a low scoring game. Waverly prefers long possessions and if they take care of the ball they could make Spring Hill very uncomfortable. I will say that Waverly played Giles to a "low scoring 1 point game" when the teams met one another during Christmas Break. Waverly was able to compete with the much more athletic Bobcats because their style of play confused them. It could do the same thing to Spring Hill.

I feel like Harpeth will beat Fairview easily in Kingston Springs. Harpeth is playing well right now and they have the depth to wear down just about anyone. The Indians are a team that will get up and guard you and they just come at you in waves.

Spring Hill is 26-1, winning 26 games in a row after losing by 1 to Summertown in Hall of Fame game during football playoffs. They avenged that with a 30+ whupping of Summertown later in the season. 15 wins of 30 or more points. Won a Kentucky Christmas tournament.

Giles County is 22-6 with 3 of those losses to Spring Hill, one to Liberty Tech (24-6), one to Clarksville NE (27-2) and one to Madison Academy in Alabama.

Marshall County is 18-9 with 5 of those losses to Spring Hill and Giles County, 3 to AAA teams Smyrna (18-15), Columbia (13-17) and McGavock (16-10) and one to state contender in 1A Perry County (24-4).

For comparison, Waverly beat Perry County and Creekwood lost to them twice. Smyrna split with Harpeth and Columbia split with Marshall Co, lost to Spring Hill and beat Creekwood. A Spring Hill/Giles final wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Edited by ksgovols

Spring Hill is 26-1, winning 26 games in a row after losing by 1 to Summertown in Hall of Fame game during football playoffs. They avenged that with a 30+ whupping of Summertown later in the season. 15 wins of 30 or more points. Won a Kentucky Christmas tournament.

Giles County is 22-6 with 3 of those losses to Spring Hill, one to Liberty Tech (24-6), one to Clarksville NE (27-2) and one to Madison Academy in Alabama.

Marshall County is 18-9 with 5 of those losses to Spring Hill and Giles County, 3 to AAA teams Smyrna (18-15), Columbia (13-17) and McGavock (16-10) and one to state contender in 1A Perry County (24-4).

For comparison, Waverly beat Perry County and Creekwood lost to them twice. Smyrna split with Harpeth and Columbia split with Marshall Co, lost to Spring Hill and beat Creekwood. A Spring Hill/Giles final wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I suppose all 11aa teams except Harpeth should just go ahead and forfeit to the almighty powers from 12aa. You point out all of these good losses, but who are the good wins for these teams against? All 3 picked up 12 easy wins bc outside of the top 3 teams 12aa is pathetic. I would guess that any of those 6 teams would have finished last in 11aa. This is the best chance 11aa has had of advancing a couple of teams in quite some time. Good luck to all 11aa teams!

I suppose all 11aa teams except Harpeth should just go ahead and forfeit to the almighty powers from 12aa. You point out all of these good losses, but who are the good wins for these teams against? All 3 picked up 12 easy wins bc outside of the top 3 teams 12aa is pathetic. I would guess that any of those 6 teams would have finished last in 11aa. This is the best chance 11aa has had of advancing a couple of teams in quite some time. Good luck to all 11aa teams!

I said that before I knew who was playing who. I think 11AA will go 1-3 in regions for what, the 3rd or 4th year in a row? I'm a realist moreso than a fan. I don't know exactly how to go about figuring the Tennessee High School RPI but I don't see alot of quality wins with several of the teams in either district. Fairview is 11-16 getting beat by everybody in 12AA and 11AA. It's easy to pick on them and they're familiar. I'd love to be wrong and take my crow with some Bill's Bar-B-Que sauce drizzled all over it. I do like playing in the current region much better than the Bolivar/Liberty Tech one. That's for sure.

Edited by ksgovols

At this point in the season, it comes to how teams match up against each other.

For instance Giles has the athletes to deny Culp the ball. We at Creek Wood didn't and couldn't and he punished us for it. And Giles has the quickness and length inside to handle Hudson. I'm not saying Camden can't win, but it will be a different look than what they've seen all year.

I haven't seen Marshall County but Cheatham has a good team and a lot of "will to win" attitude and if they are on can beat any of these teams

As for Harpeth and Fairview, I just can't see Harpeth losing to Fairview. They will play the winner of Giles/Camden. Harpeth plays a defensive style that makes teams have to create and an offense that works on sets and positions and if they are hitting 3's like they are capable, can also beat any of these teams.

What will give them fits is the 12AA teams are athletic and most of their offense runs on creativity not so much on sets. Take it the rack, dish or finish. That get up in your face defenses fits the 12AA teams all night long.

And I can't see Waverly getting past Spring Hill. Again, I've seen them play and they are loaded. But of course, any one can be beat on an off night.

Hey I wish I knew about this site a long time ago. I love nit picking things. Regardless we all can say what we want on here. Playing on the floor as a player and sitting on the bench coaching.... well thats why I'm on here typing and in the stands watching.

For me a sweet victory would be 1-2-3-4 seeds from 11AA win their games Saturday.

After that 1 and 2 in our region (11AA or 12AA) gets my support no matter who it is when they play in the sectionals.

If I took this wrong I apologize, your quote "Camden has to go on the road to play a Giles team that is very good. I wouldn't be so quick to chalk that up as a win for the Lions. I wouldn't feel over-confident about playing them in a future matchup if I were Harpeth either."

Yes I am a Camden fan I have alot time invested in the program so yes i want them to do well. Can they beat Giles, yes, will they I dont know. I just know it was a good draw for them not to have to play Springhill in the second round. Thats all.

All I have to say about playing Giles is, rebound, rebound, rebound, and rebound! They were not a great shooting team, but they crashed the boards.

All I have to say about playing Giles is, rebound, rebound, rebound, and rebound! They were not a great shooting team, but they crashed the boards.

Yeah i watch a little of their tape and if I was Camden I would run 3-2 zone because they are not great shooters. They like to penitrate to the basket and dish off or pull up and take a 6 to 10 foot shot. You take away their driving lanes I think Camden can beat them. If Camden plays man to man all night, its going to be a long night.

Region 6-AA Predictions (1st Round)

Spring Hill over Waverly (67-49)

Cheatham County over Marshall County (59-52)

Camden over Giles County (57-55)

Harpeth over Fairview (53-42)

THOSE ARE MY PREDICTIONS AND I AM STICKING TO THEM.....TOMORROW'S GAMES SHOULD BE INTERESTING AS 113 CLASS AA TEAMS HAS BEEN TRIMMED TO 64 AND AFTER TOMORROW WE'LL HAVE JUST 32 REMAINING :popcorneater:

Region 6-AA Predictions (1st Round)

Spring Hill over Waverly (67-49)

Cheatham County over Marshall County (59-52)

Camden over Giles County (57-55)

Harpeth over Fairview (53-42)

THOSE ARE MY PREDICTIONS AND I AM STICKING TO THEM.....TOMORROW'S GAMES SHOULD BE INTERESTING AS 113 CLASS AA TEAMS HAS BEEN TRIMMED TO 64 AND AFTER TOMORROW WE'LL HAVE JUST 32 REMAINING :popcorneater:

I like your picks

Spring Hill over Waverly 60-50

Cheatham over Marshall 52-42

Camden over Giles 64-58

Harpeth over Fairview 62-50

Good Luck 11AA

I know this is the 11-AA thread but since I don't see a Region 6-AA thread I am hoping it is OK to post here.

I watch the Spring Hill - Giles County District Championship game and was somewhat surprised that Spring Hill played a zone defense for almost the entire game. Does any one know if that is their prefered defense or did they play that because Giles had trouble shooting the 3 ball? The defense worked well and when SH extended the zone into the passing lanes, Giles had no answer. Just curious.