11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

Camden try to play man to man most of the night and it cost them a WIN. I know you said you hate zone coach and that you would never play one, but tonight it cost you and your team a WIN.

I agree with you to a point, with GC not having any shooters and running the zone, but imo what hurt was Camden not taking advantage of GC not having a bench. Camden was up double digits and starting taking the air out of the ball. When your shooters were hot like they were you get them the ball, camden slowed the game in the first half and allowed GC back in the game. GC was on their heels and getting beat back on defense. Credit to GC for hanging tough for a big win. Go CATS!! Side note most of these kids on GC's team played at Bridgeforth Middle and they were beat in the state middle school play offs by Harpeth five years ago( I think), time for payback.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you to a point, with GC not having any shooters and running the zone, but imo what hurt was Camden not taking advantage of GC not having a bench. Camden was up double digits and starting taking the air out of the ball. When your shooters were hot like they were you get them the ball, camden slowed the game in the first half and allowed GC back in the game. GC was on their heels and getting beat back on defense. Credit to GC for hanging tough for a big win. Go CATS!! Side note most of these kids on GC's team played at Bridgeforth Middle and they were beat in the state middle school play offs by Harpeth five years ago( I think), time for payback.

Meh. Harpeth won a bunch of middle school titles back in those days. 3 in a row I think. It doesn't really translate and I don't think high school kids get any satisfaction from settling old middle school scores. 4 years is about a quarter of their life. There's a few kids missing from that Harpeth middle team and likely a bunch more contributing at the high school level that didn't in middle school. I thought the better game was against Greenbriar in regions anyway. They had that Bradshaw kid that's playing for CPA now and he could fill it up.

Good luck 11AA.

That is right. Harpeth middle beat them on a last second 3 ptr by a player that no longer plays for them. He's at Creek Wood now. By far, when I watch Creek Wood and Harpeth play at Harpeth this year. I couldn't believe he was playing at Creek Wood. He was by far the best player on the court that night. And was about 90% the reason why they beat Harpeth that night. Heard he's had some health issues and set out a couple years. But I still wish he was playing for Harpeth. Best ball handler I've seen in a while. It's just a crying shame.

Not saying he would make a difference in the game tonight, but wouldn't hurt anything.

Anyone know the times and date after tuesday night?

If you win tonight, you are promised two more games.

First, Thursday night will be the region championship.

Then, I believe Saturday night, you play for a trip to the state tournament in the Sub-State Game.

Winner Thursday host Region 5 Runner Up

Loser Thursday travels to Region 5 Champion

If by 'at least' you mean Spring Hill, then I think you are right. I don't see Giles going to the Boro. I am surprised a little that Lipscomb beat East Lit. It'll be CPA and Spring Hill going to state. CPA puts out Giles and Spring Hill beats Lipscomb in the substate games.

I don't think long time 11AA fans saw the district as all that strong this year, just more balanced than in years past. Cheatham will learn from the experience. They are really young and are only going to get better. I like their chances next year or the year after if they are sufficiently humbled about what post season really is outside of districts. This is the same wall Harpeth typically beats their head against and the same game where they usually go home. Alot of that does have to do with the quality of play in the top 2 or 3 in the district they have to go against in regions. I still take the Spring Hill, Giles, Marshall poison over the Liberty Tech, Bolivar, Southside district more years than not. Then you have to put out a Metro area or high level private school team in substate. Tough row to hoe. The geography's not going to change. 11AA has to step it up a notch.

Cheatham is going to get better and the next 2 years they'll be a major factor. Tonight was a great learning experience for the young Cubs. 24-8 with a team that loses 1 senior (Reece Hunter) is a fantastic run. Chris Dawson is the Class AA Coach of the Year and Josh Stuart is the Class AA Assistant Coach of the Year for the job that those 2 men did with such a young basketball team this year. The Cubs basketball fans have a lot to be excited about for the next 2 years returning:

Seniors-To-Be

Devin Conner, Thatcher Brinkley, Billy Thomas, Bobby Bell, Mitchell Potts, Brady Bose

Juniors-To-Be

Jordan Darden, Jake Saunders, Wes Harlan, Michael Boyd, Ashton McGowan, Mason Bates (who will finally be eligible)

NEEDLESS TO SAY..........

The Cubs aren't going anywhere anytime soon :thumb:

I hate to say it but Cheatham should easily run the tables for district next year. Harpeth doesn't have a proven point guard or big man. Austin Dole and Jaron Marlow need too step up big for Harpeth next year. Harpeth has only twos consistent players in Anderton and Newton. Cheatham is going to be scary good next year.

I hate to say it but Cheatham should easily run the tables for district next year. Harpeth doesn't have a proven point guard or big man. Austin Dole and Jaron Marlow need too step up big for Harpeth next year. Harpeth has only twos consistent players in Anderton and Newton. Cheatham is going to be scary good next year.

I wouldn't say that Cheatham will have an easy run through this district next season, if I am not mistaken Waverly only loses on starter from this years team. Waverly will be much improved next season, not only do they return 4 starters, but they had 2 freshman ( Smith and Dell ) get significant playing time this season. Next season will be very interesting, guess we will just have to see who works the hardest in the offseason.

Edited by printdd