District 3AAA

corbus

The people I talked to said that for the second game in a row only half of the Karns team showed up emotionally. They have really let up and may be a quick out in the Regional tournament. If they have seeded things the way I was told the 1 and 2 seed have a pass to the semi's next Saturday.

Oak Ridge plays mad about half the time. The players attitude seems to match the coach. They are intense but basically question or have some expression after every call. Ref's talk about that. OR will be under a microscope because of that in the tournament.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sox ur right, a team usually takes on the personality of their coach and OR does. We had this discussion earlier in this thread. Green was asking questions after every call and probably, kinda wanted one to fire his team up. The refs in our district are awful!!! Period. OR looked good and are definately the favorites to win tourny. And i will be honest with you, they could play anyone of the other 8 teams in the finals. Karns is coming back to the pack and i wonder if their not getting heavy legs late in the season. Halls is back to reality and powell has over acheived all year. Central is playing well as of late, Campbell is the biggest team in district and has been in every district game except one till the final minute or two. AC has put together a couple good games of late. Clinton, well all im gonna say there is they shouldnt win but its a new season and in this district you just need one bad game and your beat. And I wouldnt want to play Hardin valley in the first round either, theve got some talent there. Now for the refs again, I heard last night we were getting refs from the Johnson City area for our tourny. Just what I heard not confirmed tho.

Hey SS, I heard tourny starts Monday at Karns. Campbell and Central tied for 5th place and due to tie breakers Central got the 5 seed, so it looks like this to me.

4)Powell vs. 5) Central

6)Campbell vs. 9) Clinton

7)Hardin vs. 8) AC

winner of 4/5 gets OR

winner of 6/9 get Halls

winner of 7/9 gets Karns

Right?

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

Yes sox ur right, a team usually takes on the personality of their coach and OR does. We had this discussion earlier in this thread. Green was asking questions after every call and probably, kinda wanted one to fire his team up. The refs in our district are awful!!! Period. OR looked good and are definately the favorites to win tourny. And i will be honest with you, they could play anyone of the other 8 teams in the finals. Karns is coming back to the pack and i wonder if their not getting heavy legs late in the season. Halls is back to reality and powell has over acheived all year. Central is playing well as of late, Campbell is the biggest team in district and has been in every district game except one till the final minute or two. AC has put together a couple good games of late. Clinton, well all im gonna say there is they shouldnt win but its a new season and in this district you just need one bad game and your beat. And I wouldnt want to play Hardin valley in the first round either, theve got some talent there. Now for the refs again, I heard last night we were getting refs from the Johnson City area for our tourny. Just what I heard not confirmed tho.

O.K. guys, I believe this "hype" about Green and the OR players is just that, and we all need to remember that the refs read these blogs and it does effect how they call games. Oak Ridge is now a marked team, getting calls against them almost every game now and all this chatter just hurts a group of kids. There was a Powell player who fouled out last night that was jawing at the refs everytime he got a foul, were that an Oak Ridge player, I'm sure we all know he would get teed up.

The refs are terrible all around, some are so biased they should be ashamed. That ref we are talking about last night was awful in every game I've seen him in. When a ref calls a coach/team in question before the tip-off.....well you know what kind of night it's gonna be.

Edited by shank

I agree Shank. Ive noticed the crowds have been better evrywhere this year and when u get big crowds some of these refs think that were all tyhere to see them. They do probably read these things but the worst thing they do is have meetings on Sundays or meet after games at their favorite watering hole and each one wants to have a better story than the other so they look big to each other. I do know that OR has been held to a tighter standard than the others because of earlier thing.

I agree Shank. Ive noticed the crowds have been better evrywhere this year and when u get big crowds some of these refs think that were all tyhere to see them. They do probably read these things but the worst thing they do is have meetings on Sundays or meet after games at their favorite watering hole and each one wants to have a better story than the other so they look big to each other. I do know that OR has been held to a tighter standard than the others because of earlier thing.

I have noticed bigger crowds too, always good to see these kids get support from thier communties, it's what make HS sports so much fun.

I undertsand that BB is a fast sport and calls are hard to get right all the time, everyone understands when a ref gets a call wrong every now and then, some will go your way and some won't but it's part of the game. What I hate to see is refs getting too involved AGAINST one team or another. I don't mind saying there are two refs, the short haired Bob Hope wanna be last night and the little 4 foot nothing bald headed guy from Clinton are going to make it hard on Oak Ridge everytime. I have noticed in my travels that other teams also have refs that are going to call AGAINST them as well. Whoever the oversight for the refs is has seen this and, if they can't afford to get rid of them, they should atleast keep them away from the the teams they obviously can't keep biased with. Just my humble opinion.

I have noticed bigger crowds too, always good to see these kids get support from thier communties, it's what make HS sports so much fun.

I undertsand that BB is a fast sport and calls are hard to get right all the time, everyone understands when a ref gets a call wrong every now and then, some will go your way and some won't but it's part of the game. What I hate to see is refs getting too involved AGAINST one team or another. I don't mind saying there are two refs, the short haired Bob Hope wanna be last night and the little 4 foot nothing bald headed guy from Clinton are going to make it hard on Oak Ridge everytime. I have noticed in my travels that other teams also have refs that are going to call AGAINST them as well. Whoever the oversight for the refs is has seen this and, if they can't afford to get rid of them, they should atleast keep them away from the the teams they obviously can't keep biased with. Just my humble opinion.

Some people just don't like Oak Ridge, they just don't. Say what you will, but Oak Ridge is hated in more sports then just basketball, just how it goes with having success over the years. no ifs ands or buts about it. That being said, the tournament is being played @ Oak Ridge, not Karns Carolina. It was at Karns last year.

Ref'ing has been awful in just about every game I've watched. There'd are a few good refs out there.

I can tell you, if a kid or coach is always questioning a call, jawing or body language, you're going to start drawing attention to yourself and they will start calling just about everything on you. It's human nature and I don't see a high school ref as being professiononal enough to over look it.

Whether you're Oak Ridge or Clinton. If you act that way you're going to have the calls go against you. Oak Ridge seems to think it shouldn't happen to them.

The bad ref'ing I've seen has at least been for the most part against both teams.

Yes the tourny is at O.R but they are satiliting the play in games if u will at Karns. Yes you all are right about the biased officials. Our association is in the worst shape its ever been in. They do no evaluations, do no training and if you dont cough up 500.00 to go to one of there referee camps your gonna be black balled no matter how good you are. I think they get a kick back or something from each person that goes. Another problem is that some of our refs are getting to do some small, small college basketball games and they think their the best in the world, and its below them to do high school ball and listen to a high school coach question them on a call, because it must be the right call because they did a college game this weekend. The only reason their doing them is shear numbers not because of their ability. I think KNOXRIDGE needs to find them 40 officials that want to ref hjgh school and let the rest do college and jr. pro. We have lost some good refs to the KNOXSOUTH association because the politics is not nearly as bad there. I have heard refs say I got OR and so and so tonight and I bet none of that crap happens with me there, and they call it way to tight. Theres no sense in calling 40 fouls in an OR/ Karns game, these kids can play and are well coached, they dont foul that much!!! Again, just my oppinion too.