District 9-AAA

adbsnap

I will rate them. But will leave sc out. Best coach in district is 1. Wilson central made state tourney last year. 2. Beech made state tourney couple years ago. 3 Gallatin made state tourney many years ago. 4 Hendersonville needs to get more aggressive 5. Mj coach is too predictable 6. Lebanon shoots too many 3s. 7. Portland this coach makes too many excuses don't say you don't because you do great coaches make players better you are there to compete. So rank the coaches.

Central made the State tournament two years ago.  They lost in the Sectional last year.

FYI Brentwood has had its ticket punched to Region for a few weeks now. Ravenwood should have the other District 11-AAA bye. All District determines is seeding for Region. Brentwood lost both district tourney games last year (snapping 17-game winning streak) and proceeded to win its next five games before losing to Southwind during the Final Four round.

2-4-14 Scores:

Beech 50 Lebanon 47

Gallatin 94 Hendersonville 88 in 2OT (HHS McCullough 32; GHS Williams 44) 

Station Camp 53 Mt. Juliet 48

Wilson Central 65 Portland 34

9-AAA 2013-'14 Boys Varsity Basketball Standings

Team                                     Overall      %    Conf      %    PF    PA

Wilson Central High School     18-5-0   .783 11-2-0   .846 1379 1113

Gallatin High School                18-6-0   .750   9-4-0   .692 1345 1241

Station Camp High School       18-8-0   .692   9-4-0   .692 1447 1327

Mount Juliet High School       15-10-0    .600  8-5-0   .615 1337 1258

Beech Senior High School     17-10-0    .630  7-6-0   .538 1452 1348

Lebanon High School             13-10-0    .565  5-8-0   .385 1363 1230

Hendersonville High School   10-13-0    .435 2-11-0  .154 1291 1279

Portland High School                3-23-0    .115 1-12-0  .077 1094 1475

Edited by TheRealTruth

FYI Brentwood has had its ticket punched to Region for a few weeks now. Ravenwood should have the other District 11-AAA bye. All District determines is seeding for Region. Brentwood lost both district tourney games last year (snapping 17-game winning streak) and proceeded to win its next five games before losing to Southwind during the Final Four round.

You were already talking as the ticket was punched for sub-state vs. WC, then state. Why back down now? FYI... this is 9AAA. No one here is concerned about Brentwood or 11AAA ...yet. If you want to boost, go post how good Brentwood is to White Station or any other Memphis team. I am sure they are open for discussion. Stay humble, my friend.  

Now back to 9AAA...

I can assure who ever this Portland Coach Hater is " crimsontide something" that Portland is struggling not because of who their coach is but because of the talent on the team.  It amazes me that this so called state title coach somehow is trying to coach at portland but yet isnt coaching anywhere else right now?.....  You can put Coach K as the high school coach of Portland with the same players and they would still be in the same position.  SMH

I can assure who ever this Portland Coach Hater is " crimsontide something" that Portland is struggling not because of who their coach is but because of the talent on the team.  It amazes me that this so called state title coach somehow is trying to coach at portland but yet isnt coaching anywhere else right now?.....  You can put Coach K as the high school coach of Portland with the same players and they would still be in the same position.  SMH

If you go back and read the thread, it looks like "Crimson" was just saying that Portland had a chance to hire a higher quality coach.  It looks like "Chicky" is the one "hating" on the coach.

Well they have taken numerous shots at the Portland coaching hire before.  My point is this, over the past 5 years they have had 3-4 coaches to my knowledge and they had a quality coach that left to go be an assistant at another school.  Anytime you got good head coaches leaving a school to go be an assistant somewhere else usually means they know there isnt any talent there.  Also you can be competitive and not very good, also to the point that chicky girl made about making excuses.  If Gallatin which has some talent and what most people would consider a good quality coach goes and plays Dematha High School they would get beat by 70.  Both same age kids and both play high school both have good programs and good kids doesnt mean that Gallatin kids suck or the coach is horrible just means they dont have the talent to compete at that level.( also dont make the excuse that Dematha is different than any other school)  (Rememeber NO EXCUSES)   Portland doesnt have the level of talent to compete at the 9AAA district.  They are about 10 kids from being put in AA.   Obviously there are some people on here who just don't have a clue about athletics but this is what discussion boards are for I guess.  I am just here to point out that Portland doesn't have the talent, doesn't mean the kids don't play hard and doesn't mean that the players haven't gotten better sometimes you just dont have the kids in the school to compete with schools that have multiple kids that are 6'6" or taller.  Name the last time in 8 years that Portland was a contender in that district besides having the one stud that went to UT???  I also find it pretty commical that they keep referring to this state championship coach who is just dying to coach at Portland, but isn't coaching anywhere now or wants to leave where hes at to go to Portland.  Most any quality coach would look and be honest and say that Portland doesn't have the athletes to compete with the players at Wilson Central and others.  If you can't see that or disagree with that then you really are that ignorant of a person. 

Also just want to point out that I have no "teams" in that district or area, just find it commical when people like to call out coaches.  Find it commical that we are ranking coaches in that district just because we want to take cheap shots at another coach.