Watch out for Whitwell Girls

BIGBILLY2010

gotta say they played pretty good ball, shot about 70% from the field tonight. see you in about two weeks :)

Sequatchie shot 39 percent. Each team missed nearly the same amount of shots but Seq had nearly twice as many offensive rebounds. Seq also had slightly fewer turnovers, and most of those were during a rough stretch in the third quarter when Grundy cut it from 13 to 6. The lead ballhandler had three of those in a very short amount of time but those were her only turnovers of the game. Turnovers were pretty rare in other parts of the game. Seq also shot much better from three-point range. Grundy was very fortunate not to have a player ejected late. Even a couple of your fans were saying that in the lobby, the comment I heard was something like "we wouldn't have needed her tomororow night but still she was lucky."

Other stats for Seq, Lawson had 10 rebounds, McAfee 4 steals. Frederick had 5 offensive rebounds, just 1 less than Grundy's total for the game.

As for "Seeing in two weeks", both teams have a lot of ball before such a possible game but if you want to look past Bledsoe and the other teams, go ahead. I doubt the players will do so especially after two straight home district losses, and what's said on here shouldn't affect what they do n the court. Sequatchie's most important game is the next one, vs CCS.

I'm glad that "laughing" didn't get them stirred up. Again, that was just silly-they have good players-a couple of outstanding players, a good combination of relatively youthful and experienced coaches on the bench and were competing to stay first in the district, they didn't need your nonsense for motivation. I don't know how much if any losing a mid-season transfer to Franklin County may have affected the team, they seem to have played well most of the time since then anyway.

Edited by Indian

7-AA standings as of 1-28

Sequatchie Co. 12-10 (6-1)

Bledsoe Co. 13-9 (6-2)

Grundy Co. 16-7 (8-2)

CCS 8-15 (4-5)

Notre Dame 8-12 (2-6)

Signal Mnt. 8-12 (0-9)

Sequatchie will play Bledsoe next Friday at home. If Sequatchie wins out they will win the district. Leaving Grundy Co. second and Bledsoe 3rd.

The big thing on that, obviously, is #1 gets to avoid #2 and #3, however they might end the regular season, until potentially the final. You can't overlook the 4-6 but that's a big advantage given how the season has gone.

Edited by Indian

The big thing on that, obviously, is #1 gets to avoid #2 and #3, however they might end the regular season, until potentially the final. You can't overlook the 4-6 but that's a big advantage given how the season has gone.

Congrats to Sequatchie on the win.... I think me giving an edge to any team automatically makes them lose lol! Sorry Grundy...

Whitwell won big against Richard Hard, as expected. I was happy to see them playing with more spirit this time.

Whitwell has some big time games this week. Tomorrow night they'll play Sale Creek in Whitwell followed by a match against Marion County in Jasper Friday night.

I know Coach Z is going to be on the edge of his seat in these next two....

Undefeated district record on the line and these are easily the two toughest district games left on the schedule.

Then the only District match left is Van Buren the next week.

If I'm looking at the schedules correctly the standings are as follows....

1. Whitwell (9-0)

2. Sale Creek (8-1)

3. Van Buren (4-3)

4. Marion (3-3)

5. Richard Hardy (1-6)

6. Lookout Valley (1-6)

7. South Pitt (0-6)

So now I have a question "assuming" that Whitwell beats Van Buren next week.

.....IF Whitwell beats Sale Creek they have sealed the deal on the district, correct?

... IF Whitwell loses to Sale Creek but then beats Marion there is potentially a tie between Sale Creek and Whitwell. How is that settled?

Sequatchie shot 39 percent. Each team missed nearly the same amount of shots but Seq had nearly twice as many offensive rebounds. Seq also had slightly fewer turnovers, and most of those were during a rough stretch in the third quarter when Grundy cut it from 13 to 6. The lead ballhandler had three of those in a very short amount of time but those were her only turnovers of the game. Turnovers were pretty rare in other parts of the game. Seq also shot much better from three-point range. Grundy was very fortunate not to have a player ejected late. Even a couple of your fans were saying that in the lobby, the comment I heard was something like "we wouldn't have needed her tomororow night but still she was lucky."

Other stats for Seq, Lawson had 10 rebounds, McAfee 4 steals. Frederick had 5 offensive rebounds, just 1 less than Grundy's total for the game.

As for "Seeing in two weeks", both teams have a lot of ball before such a possible game but if you want to look past Bledsoe and the other teams, go ahead. I doubt the players will do so especially after two straight home district losses, and what's said on here shouldn't affect what they do n the court. Sequatchie's most important game is the next one, vs CCS.

I'm glad that "laughing" didn't get them stirred up. Again, that was just silly-they have good players-a couple of outstanding players, a good combination of relatively youthful and experienced coaches on the bench and were competing to stay first in the district, they didn't need your nonsense for motivation. I don't know how much if any losing a mid-season transfer to Franklin County may have affected the team, they seem to have played well most of the time since then anyway.

yah right. Must be hard having to write a book to get a point across. Another page and your post would be a novel. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Edited by mtnman80

You must have agreed with most or all of that, if that's all you could come up with.

Not a good night for Sequatchie, lost 41-33 at Chattanooga Christian Monday night, their second loss in district play. Fell behind 14-0 after a quarter, just poor on both ends. Cut it to 8 near the end of the second but CCS hit a long three just before halftime. Four point game late, CCS hit a few FT to get to eight by the end. Very little focus or intensity by Sequatchie especially at the start of the game. Twenty percent shooting from the floor, the worst total of the season.