South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

Let me ask you a question. I drove by Griders school this morning and their was nobody their. I guess Grider lets his students out for Thanksgiving. Since school is out, is Grider planning on practicing these boys today and tomorrow? I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow, but Grider better practice them tomorrow and also have that coach that Grider hired for strength and conditioning to make those boys lift some weights today and tomorrow. You think im joking but im not.

maybe they will eat tomuch ansd cannot play good it can make you slow

Just a bit over 48 hours to go! Can't wait for this shootout. Pirates need to go ba*ls to the wall. It's win or go home time y'all. Go P! Show them how bad you want a back to back gold! We will be there supporting you all the way!!

(Terrell named SoCon Freshman of the Year! Sorry all - had to post this! Go P!!!)

Edited by 855fan

Let me ask you a question. I drove by Griders school this morning and their was nobody their. I guess Grider lets his students out for Thanksgiving. Since school is out, is Grider planning on practicing these boys today and tomorrow? I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow, but Grider better practice them tomorrow and also have that coach that Grider hired for strength and conditioning to make those boys lift some weights today and tomorrow. You think im joking but im not.

Dont worry Roy they had practice today and a good bit were at that table next to me at the Pirate eating afterwards. They say there ready but time will tell.

The G'ville Kitties should win this one this year. I've got a feeling they just might put another gold ball in their trophy case. It won't be easy, but I think they'll wear the Pirates down in the end. Good luck to both teams and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!!! :hungry::thumb:

Edited by PPride

The G'ville Kitties should win this one this year. I've got a feeling they just might put another gold ball in their trophy case. It won't be easy, but I think they'll wear the pirates down in the end. Good luck to both teams and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!!! :hungry::thumb:

:roflol::roflol:

Edited by rlh

Too difficult for you to understand? :unsure: Or is it the smart ones that go to Marion County. :roflolk:

Comedy is fairly easy to understand. Tragedy on the other hand is more profound. As far as who goes to jasper, that is mostly determined by their district, but they are too busy with basket ball and replacing the "Fear the Veer" man.

Edit: What is a Portland anyway? They got a football team?

Edited by rlh

Comedy is fairly easy to understand. Tragedy on the other hand is more profound. As far as who goes to jasper, that is mostly determined by their district, but they are too busy with basket ball and replacing the "Fear the Veer" man.

Edit: What is a Portland anyway? They got a football team?

There's a gold ball in our trophy case. Classification changes really hurt us, but we'll be back.

There's a gold ball in our trophy case. Classification changes really hurt us, but we'll be back.

I know. I was just jerking your chain. We tangled with Westmoreland in a semi-final game in 1986 just before they moved up to AA. Marshall was a coach at Westmoreland in 1986.

"They put Gordonsville out in the quarterfinals, then they put the team I was at out in the semifinals," Marshall recalled. "I was at Westmoreland at that time, and (coach Don) Grider (current coach Vic Grider's father) was there then. He ran the side-saddle single wing, and it was tough to stop."

Read more: Herald Citizen - GORDONSVILLE FOOTBALL Tigers Pirates meet again in playoffs

Edited by rlh

I know. I was just jerking your chain. We tangled with Westmoreland in a semi-final game in 1986 just before they moved up to AA.

I remember one Friday, Halloween night, 1981, I watched G'ville at SP. I'm not originally from Ptown, but the school I did play for had played that Thursday night so my dad and I went to see this game. I had a feeling the Kitties would be in trouble when SP came out all in black with orange trim. "Happy Halloween" Kitties, as the single wing with a side saddle qb beat them 50-0! I'll have to admit, I really enjoyed it back then.

I remember one Friday, Halloween night, 1981, I watched G'ville at SP. I'm not originally from Ptown, but the school I did play for had played that Thursday night so my dad and I went to see this game. I had a feeling the Kitties would be in trouble when SP came out all in black with orange trim. "Happy Halloween" Kitties, as the single wing with a side saddle qb beat them 50-0! I'll have to admit, I really enjoyed it back then.

That 1981 game on Halloween was ironically our homecoming that year. :mrgreen: